Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2943 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Cyborg the smartest comic book character?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

his brain is connected to the world wide web I'm pretty sure that means he smarter then Tony stark,Mr fantastic,and Lex Luther combined

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lifeofvibe

@imperiousrex: im pretty sure not every thing that gives you information is from the wikipedia

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being able to search the answer cause he has the capability to doesn't mean he's smart.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By batmannflash

not even close.

Reed Richards, Lex Luthor, Stark, Bruce Wayne know most information stored on the internet without using a computer. Computers aren't very smart. They requre information to be store into them first before you can find info in the first place. Machines lack intution and creativity. Just because have access to info, doesnt mean you're smart. It's how you use that info to your advantage and create innovative ideas. And are you not counting Brainiac? Because I'm sure he knows way more information than all the websites on Earth combined.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And being connected to a computer doesn't make you smart at all. Someone with an IQ of 50 could be connected to a computer and will still be considered mentally disabled.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's like saying is the internet smart. It's a search engine.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DangoJett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DangoJett

@batmannflash: Agreed. I'm not incredibly knowledgeable concerning DC but from Marvel we've got Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Hank Pym and Black Panther that can all vie for the title of smartest character.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Injustice isn't canon. And Cyborg is very smart but not the smartest. If I remember correctly, Reed has created tons of inter dimensional portals. Portals aren't rare in comic books. And you're still not counting Brainiac. he's infinitely smarter. He has a 12th level intellect. It's impossible to reach level 12 if you're human or even if you're connected to a computer. Dr. Doom has created time machines. Pym created Ultron. Ivo create AMAZO. Bruce Wayne has created the Insider Suit. What about whoever made the mother box?

And if you're using Injustice, I'm too sure if this is correct, but didn't alternative universe Batman transport the heroes into his universe? (perhaps through some kind of inter dimensional portal?)

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

Lol.

No, Cyclops is not the smartest comic book character. Pretty far from it.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If I had to pick who the smartest character in comics is it would be Reed Richards. Cyborg is smart but I always thought it comes from the technology he is made of and not him being naturally brilliant.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I think the OP is mistaking knowledge for intelligence (or smarts). They're not the same thing.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I think

Lex luthor is the smartest in comics

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman

@powerherc: Cyborg not Cyclops. :p

Now having said that no he isn't. He can access loads of information from outside sources but it neither means it's his knowledge or that he would understand it.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There are way intelligent heroes in comics than Cyborg.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@lifeofvibe: It's really hard to quantify intelligence as it is, unlike strength or skill. He's smart. I wouldn't try to beat yourself up ranking guys. People are knowledgeable about different things and different fields. So just cause someone has a wide breadth of knowledge in a field doesn't equate to intelligence.

Cyborg's very bright. He's got impressive engineering feats. And the fact that he is a cyberpath that can access any database and the internet by a mere thought gives him an incredible database to draw on almost instantaneously.

not even close.

Reed Richards, Lex Luthor, Stark, Bruce Wayne know most information stored on the internet without using a computer. Computers aren't very smart. They requre information to be store into them first before you can find info in the first place. Machines lack intution and creativity. Just because have access to info, doesnt mean you're smart. It's how you use that info to your advantage and create innovative ideas. And are you not counting Brainiac? Because I'm sure he knows way more information than all the websites on Earth combined.

yeah this is just wrong

Lol.

No, Cyclops is not the smartest comic book character. Pretty far from it.

yeah after AvX I think its clear Cyclops is pretty dumb

Also to everyone saying Batman, no. He isn't the smartest person in DC or even in the top 5, if we are going by how DC ranks them

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope. There are any number of comic characters smarter than Cyborg.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

like superman said in birthright when he was a kid. "Nah I'm not smarter than Lex...i can just read faster than him"

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Siiighboarg. Sighboarg. No he is not the smartest. He is just a very smart chap.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While that is alot of information and he is probably more knowledgeable then anyone else on the planet The smartest people on the planet probably have alot of top secret information not on the web or computer or at least on a closed circuit system. Plus real geniuses can come up with stuff on the fly

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By area52
    @lifeofvibe said:

his brain is connected to the world wide web I'm pretty sure that means he smarter then Tony stark,Mr fantastic,and Lex Luther combined

The only way he is "connected" to the information superhighway is that he might be able to google stuff though if there is a service connection and or wifi. All your statement proves is that you are as smart as a sponge though if you got out your iPhone you'd be smarter than "Tony Stark, Mr. Fantastic, and Lex Luther combined". Do you even understand intelligence? Also, Cyborg has portal generation as one of his powers and Injustice Cyborg isn't the same as Cyborg Cyborg. Also, if Cyborg is smarter than "Tony Stark, Mr. Fantastic, and Lex Luther combined"(bullshit) then that makes Rick Rosner even smarter than "smarter than Tony Stark, Mr. Fantastic, and Lex Luther combined" (if he has his iPhone handy and has a connection) being that the only thing that makes Football player Victor Stone possible of being in the genius pantheon is his IQ of 170 and Rick's IQ is 192. Lucky for us basic bitch sponges only live for about 10 years.

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Injustice isn't canon. And Cyborg is very smart but not the smartest. If I remember correctly, Reed has created tons of inter dimensional portals. Portals aren't rare in comic books. And you're still not counting Brainiac. he's infinitely smarter. He has a 12th level intellect. It's impossible to reach level 12 if you're human or even if you're connected to a computer. Dr. Doom has created time machines. Pym created Ultron. Ivo create AMAZO. Bruce Wayne has created the Insider Suit. What about whoever made the mother box?

And if you're using Injustice, I'm too sure if this is correct, but didn't alternative universe Batman transport the heroes into his universe? (perhaps through some kind of inter dimensional portal?)

Batman also created molecular altering nanotech(Engines of Creation anyone?) and Lex Luthor was the one who made a lot of or most of the interdimensional portal in the comics at least I say that because Injustice 2 creates a schism between the continuities by killing Zsasz before Zsasz can kill Alfred and if they do that what's stopping them from changing other things.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.