Follow

Cyborg Superman

Character » Cyborg Superman appears in 339 issues.

With his organic parts genetically identical to Superman's, many believed that the former astronaut Hank Henshaw truly was the Last Son of Krypton restored to life after his death at the hands of Doomsday. Until he destroyed Coast City in Superman's name which led Hal Jordan to becoming a villain known as Parallax. Since then he has become a permanent menace for Superman and Green Lantern.

A Surprise

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I can't really remember the last time I was surprised like this. A character I like but was thought lost and I didn't expect to see back, returned and doing something else unexpected. Kind of spoilery for GL Corps 49, but whatever. Cyborg Superman is back and he's moved up from controlling the Manhunters to controlling the Alpha Lanterns and doing crazy experiements. I can't wait to see where this is going. I'm glad he's in the story since I don't know how long I would have kept picking up GLC otherwise. It's not bad or anything, but it was definitely losing my interest.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Korg

And here I already dropped GLC after Blackest Night. I may have to pick it back up.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I sort of knew it was him. Mostly because when I was looking through the DC Comics website I saw him pop up, and I knew something was up with the Alpha Lanterns, so I put the obvious together. 
    I like him as a villain, and agree with you, I can't wait to see where Bedard takes him. Tony has jumped up the ranks. I think he'll be a gem for DC as much as Krul will be.

MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By MichaeltheFly

I too was starting to lose interest in the GLC comic, probably if Brightest Day GLC won't blow me away I will give up on it.
    It will be interesting to see if the Corp will be destroyed from within, but that remains to be seen.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Well there is a new writer for GLC, Tony Bedard. He looks like he'll do some good with it.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

It is good to see the return of my favourite evil Superman.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Lmao, it's hilarious. I knew he was controlling the Alpha Lanterns before, but now he's one of them complete with his own lantern in his chest? And he's expanded his abilities to include telepathy of some sort? And he's capable of taking on Ganthet while mentally controlling a race of billions? Hank, you're such a card. "I spent months just feeling sorry for myself." I like how his pursuit of death is such a joke. Zombies and Death himself just ignore him. "It was the end of all life and I wasn't invited." I hope this continues to deliver.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Buckshot said:
    "And he's expanded his abilities to include telepathy of some sort? And he's capable of taking on Ganthet while mentally controlling a race of billions? "
    They're a race of robots. It's not telepathy, just his old technopathy over a wide scale. 

And he's awesome. I'm so happy Tomasi is no longer writing GLC.
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @Buckshot said:
    "And he's expanded his abilities to include telepathy of some sort? And he's capable of taking on Ganthet while mentally controlling a race of billions? "
    They're a race of robots. It's not telepathy, just his old technopathy over a wide scale.   And he's awesome. I'm so happy Tomasi is no longer writing GLC. "
    He created a mental link with John Stewart and was speaking in his mind and sharing memories.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Buckshot said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " @Buckshot said:
    They're a race of robots. It's not telepathy, just his old technopathy over a wide scale.   And he's awesome. I'm so happy Tomasi is no longer writing GLC. "
    He created a mental link with John Stewart and was speaking in his mind and sharing memories. "
    I though he did that through all the tubing inside John at the time. Gonna have to check that.
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @Buckshot said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " @Buckshot said:
    He created a mental link with John Stewart and was speaking in his mind and sharing memories. "
    I though he did that through all the tubing inside John at the time. Gonna have to check that. "
    It didn't appear that John had anything inside him and the last issue just had him strapped down with instruments over him. It doesn't look like it was because of any device, but wasn't entirely sure, which is why I wrote "of some sort." But it's definitely different from him communicating with technology like he normally does or other robots, though it wouldn't be the first time he's demonstrated telepathy, just a better display of it.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By MrDirector786

I haven't yet gotten the issue, but I have seen the preview and it does look pretty cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.