X-Men vs. Cyberforce

Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I really thougt about it a long time, did Marc Silvestri cheat in creating his superhero team of Cyberforce? I mean he was a X-Men penciler so he knows the X-Men but did he have to use his characters as copies of the X-Men, not just the powers but you can also see it in their outward appearance? 

Ballistic and Domino, both markswomen

Cyblade and Psylocke, both excellent in swordmanship

Heatwave and Cyclops, both able to excel extreme blast power

Ripclaw and Wolverine, both are obviously aggressive and have claws

Stryker and Cable, both are leaders
and have implants 

#1 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Coincidence? Maybe.

#2 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Most Wildstorm and Image characters are rip-offs. They just usually have better back stories then the people they are rip-offs of. lol
#3 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot about the Cable/Stryker coincidences..............anyways, it was a decent story.
#4 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men beat out the obvious rip offs.

#5 Posted by NodNolan (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Domino only made a first appearance in 1991. I doubt there was any influence there at all.

#6 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita: Absolutely!
#7 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio

You also forgot the Impact/Colosus comparison!
#8 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio
@Demonturtle: Yeah, you´re right! Totally forgot them.
#9 Edited by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio

i think wizard magazine in those days even blatantly called cyblade a rip off of psylocke in their hunk and babes of the month. 
who's velocity supposed to bite off of? 

now if only kenneth rocafort would draw some x-men books. 

#10 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin said:
" now if only kenneth rocafort would draw some x-men books.  "
Hell yeah! Everytime I look at his Cyberforce stuff I think to myself that he would be the perfect X-artist.
#11 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. That is really bad. I've never read Cyberforce, but that looks like a tremendous rip off, especially the Cyclops/Psylocke ones.

#12 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
"Wow. That is really bad. I've never read Cyberforce, but that looks like a tremendous rip off, especially the Cyclops/Psylocke ones. "

On first appearences..yes uit does look to be a rip off.  But if you get into the stories and the art, the sereies redeem themselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.