X-Man Joins the X-Men?

• 110 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I suppose it’s official, now? X-Man is officially an X-Man, after 15 odds years of being an “associate." He’ll be joining Blade, the Savage She-Hulk and Spidey in the ranks of unconventional super-people who can finally proclaim, “We are the X-Men!” Although, ironically, X-Man’s probably the one with the best claim to membership, yet.  Actually, I think it’s clear, now, that when people look back on 2010, they’re going to regard as the year-of-unconventional-line-ups-that-were-announced-one-character-at-a-time.  Seriously… the Avengers, the Secret Avengers, the Avengers Academy Image even got in on the game with both the faux Guardians of the Globe and the real ones.  I’m not arguing though. It's definitely working at turning heads.

You know, when I happened upon a big stack of Age of Apocalypse comics recently and got reacquainted with Mr. Nate Grey, I was reminded of how I think he should seriously get the award for most the most convoluted character in comics. See, Cable’s understood to have a pretty convoluted life story already, right? You’d think Stryfe was more convoluted because he’s the evil clone of Cable, and that’d be true. But X-Man… well... he’s the younger, alternate-reality version of Cable, adding two more complications to an already long list.  

Either way, he’s an X-Man, now. So rejoice!

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Jubliee get her powers back?

#2 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY NATE!

Yet u failed to mention the Vampire Jubilee....

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Jubilee look like a Vampire? It does explain why Blade is there though.

#4 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

this is just getting stupid.
#5 Edited by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

"Did Jubliee get her powers back? "

No I think she is a vampire now. Blade did it, LOL.
#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Huzzah! About time.
#7 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't even call X-man an associate of the X-men.  He's hated the X-men since day one.

#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

cool. i dont see the (?) part though. he was recently captured by Norman Osborn.
given Norman loses his seat of power by Heroic Age, that would set Nate free.

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShadowX said:
" @Nobody said:

No I think she is a vampire now. Blade did it, LOL. "
When did this happen?
#10 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @ShadowX said:
" @Nobody said:

When did this happen? "

It was a joke. Becue Blade is joing the X-men  and Jubille looks like a vmapire now. Get it. No. I should stop talking. Ok .bye.
#11 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

well I guess this explains why Blade is involved in this.... 

#12 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShadowX said:
" @Nobody said:
" @ShadowX said:
" @Nobody said:

When did this happen? "
It was a joke. Becue Blade is joing the X-men  and Jubille looks like a vmapire now. Get it. No. I should stop talking. Ok .bye. "
Oh! I thought you were saying it already happened and  I just missed that new completely lol
#13 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does X-man still not have a costume?

#14 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@KRYPTON :  He has an "X" belt buckle. Isn't that good enough for you? :P
#15 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, about time.

#16 Posted by Tmul501 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of think that Cable might die in second coming and Nate is going to fill his role. Just an idea

#17 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yes!! I love Nate I'm good with this addition.

#18 Posted by Crymsun (123 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just not getting this line-up.  Are they just pulling names out of a hat?
#19 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampire Jubilee...? Seriously...?

#20 Posted by MichaeltheFly (6555 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know but this reminds me of the gimmick that Image made not too long ago.

#21 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:

"Vampire Jubilee...? Seriously...? "

I second this...  

REALLY???  I know Blade had something to do with it but when did that happen?     
#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @KRYPTON :  He has an "X" belt buckle. Isn't that good enough for you? :P "
He also has an x at the back of his robe. :P

#23 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: 
i want to own one of those BTW.
man thats sweet.
#24 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

This is lame. I can't wait for Havok, Polaris, and Rachel to come back.
#25 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Morpheus_:  i want to own one of those BTW. man thats sweet. "
Agreed. X-Man is a cool character, all the way through, and that re-imagining of his suit for Dark X-Men was great.
#26 Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't you all jumping to conclusions, a little? Maybe Jubilee just started shopping at Hot Topic?

#27 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tom Pinchuck said:

I think he should seriously get the award for most the most convoluted character in comics.    

Pffft, Sentry and Beyonder are way more convoluted. Also, half of the heroes in the DCU. Not a knock on DC, but they've been really heavy on the retcons and convolution of characters for some years now.

I'm glad X-Man is going to be featured somewhere, in some capacity. I was worried he would just disappear again after Dark X-Men. I'd also much rather see Mimic with the X-Men than Blade, Spider-Man, Lyra, Elektra, or even Jubilee (should have stayed Wondra).
#28 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampire Jubilee? AWESOME!!

#29 Posted by 00 Raiser (442 posts) - - Show Bio

What story line does is this going to belong to. Please tell me this does not go along with Second Coming.

#30 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tom Pinchuk said:
" Aren't you all jumping to conclusions, a little? Maybe Jubilee just started shopping at Hot Topic? "
Ha!
#31 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

But really vampire Jubille ::shakes head:: no thanks...

#32 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

So, who's the artist for these x-men teasers? Is it Paco Medina? 
Someone let me know for my benefit. =D

#33 Posted by leokearon (1790 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Man was a member of an interim team of X-Men during the shattering when Wolverine was replaced with a Skrull. I say that counts as much as other X-Men who were only around for a short period like Maggott or Marrow.

#35 Posted by Pez85 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tmul501:
That's pretty much what I was thinking. That might make for an interesting take on Cyclops. Losing and gaining the same person (sorta) all in one day.

#36 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:

" X-Man was a member of an interim team of X-Men during the shattering when Wolverine was replaced with a Skrull. I say that counts as much as other X-Men who were only around for a short period like Maggott or Marrow. "

Yup, X-Man was part of the line-up in the 3-issue Astonishing X-Men series from 1999. Probably some other issues also, but that's what immediately came to mind.
#37 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tom Pinchuk said:

"Aren't you all jumping to conclusions, a little? Maybe Jubilee just started shopping at Hot Topic?"

Sure but then there's also what Marvel.com has to say about it: 

"When The Scarlet Witch said 'No more mutants,' bubblegum-chewing X-gal jubilee found out just how bad life can get. She's de-powered and depressed. But is the world done with Ms. Jubilation Lee?"    

#38 Posted by Peevo (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate will die from lack of service at restaurants.

#39 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

A soon as Blade got involved I KNEW we'd have vamps running around...didn't foresee Jubes getting nipped in the neck though. Good god girl, use a wet nap! I wonder if MI:13 is gonna get all up in this Heroic Age hooba-joo.

#40 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"@Tom Pinchuck said:

I think he should seriously get the award for most the most convoluted character in comics.    

Pffft, Sentry and Beyonder are way more convoluted. Also, half of the heroes in the DCU. Not a knock on DC, but they've been really heavy on the retcons and convolution of characters for some years now. "

Well I am going to knock on DC like I've been knocking on Marvel for killing off someone practically every year. 

You want convoluted?   

Just look at Superman

- His foster parients died, and then they came back to life without knowledge they were dead   
- He went from just lifting buildings, to moving entire planets, to later just moving mountains  
- He had new powers like being able to see when people die, but was never mentioned ever again
- The Fortress of Solituted never existed, and then later actually made that it really existed
- As Clark he went from wearing glasses, to not wearing glasses, back to wearing glasses again 
- Krypto never existed, and then existed again 
- Lana Lang knew about Clarks powers, then she never really did 
- Superboy became an entirely different being with no history of him being in Smallville ever existed   
- Teenage Clark as Superboy in the Legion of Superheroes never existed, but then it actually did
- Lex Luthor and Clark Kent were classmates in Smallville, and then they were not anymore (wait til I get to Lex's story) 
- Superman was feared by Metropolis (kind of like X-Men's people fearing mutants) and not seen as a hero but later erased 

And that's only the top of my head.  Want more?  Read Supergirl.

Please Marvel... don't do this with Spider-man.
#41 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow did not see this coming!

#42 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who wishes Nate would ditch the Shaman look and go back to one of his old costumes??

#43 Posted by DarkSyde79 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Wha's the deal with Jubs being a vampire?!! I figured since Nate's comeback he would have a greater role in mutant affairs. Although I wish they would get that man some shoes. :oP 

#44 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine said:

" Please Marvel... don't do this with Spider-man. "

Is this part a joke? Spider-Man has one of the most convoluted character histories at Marvel as is, and they're screwing with it some more with O.M.I.T.
#45 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"@Jordanstine said:

" Please Marvel... don't do this with Spider-man. "

Is this part a joke? Spider-Man has one of the most convoluted character histories at Marvel as is, and they're screwing with it some more with O.M.I.T. "

I meant, "Please Marvel, stop doing this with Spider-man."

Before BND, Spider-man was ok, now he's like part of the DCU.  He should guest star on the next Infinite Crisis story.

#46 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine said:

" He should guest star on the next Infinite Crisis story."

Crises on Infinite Spider-Books.    
#47 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Man an x-men? but...that makes sense!

#48 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

now that I think about they could make a very valid excuse for Spider-man moving to San Francisco....he's been black listed by every paper in New York and JJJ fired him from his job with the Mayor's office....where else is he supposed to go?

#49 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Vamp Jubilee... Hmmm... Wonder if that explains Blade.

#50 Posted by celestialheroin (349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Nobody said:
" @KRYPTON :  He has an "X" belt buckle. Isn't that good enough for you? :P "
He also has an x at the back of his robe. :P

"
He looks like hes trying to Jerk

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.