BORING!!!

#1 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or is this story-arc just plainly DULL, SLOW, and downright BORING!?!?!?!?! 

It seems like this story is very one note without any excitement!!!! 

What do you guys think??? 
BORING???

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the whole new X-Men volume is a waste of time & money.  There's no clear distinction between it & any other X-Men series that features a random selection of characters.  So far it's been the 'Twilight' series.

#3 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn right!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!! 

#4 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" I think the whole new X-Men volume is a waste of time & money.  There's no clear distinction between it & any other X-Men series that features a random selection of characters.  So far it's been the 'Twilight' series. "
well said; I think it's ludicrous that they're pandering to the whole Tween-vampire-loving demographic.  I thought Marvel would be above that, but clearly not
#5 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

UXM, X-Men are a waste of time. Legacy/NM/UXF is where it is at.

#6 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:
" UXM, X-Men are a waste of time. Legacy/NM/UXF is where it is at. "
I actually like Uncanny.  I do agree that Legacy/NM/X-Force are all superb, though
#7 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy:
In order of appeal... I would rank them in this order, with one being the best: 
1. X-Men Legacy 
2. New Mutants 
3. X-Force 
4. Uncanny X-Men 
5. X-Factor 

But the only reason I ranked Uncanny so low is because of the constant "life-changing" story-arcs that never seem to stop coming!! 
Ever since Messiah Complex, the whole basis of a story-arc has been transformed into the book itself instead of just being something to look foreward to throughout the book!! 
I would personally love a break at these cheap (coff... Curse of the Mutants...coff, coff) rip off stories that have no relevence to the X-Men and what they stand for!!!
#8 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19262 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed 100 %

#9 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:
"5. X-Factor"
Is this some kind of sick joke?
#10 Edited by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb:  
No... It's quite factual!! X-Factor doesn't blow my socks off!!! 

(Actually nothing blows my socks off, but that's another conversation!!!)
#11 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992: 
I bet you blow your sock off, you degenerate.
#12 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb:
Listen, you pumpkinbomb, X-Factor has not one place in my heart, the characters are another thing but I think the book is all over the place and sloppy!!!  

"Degenerate".... really!?!?!

REPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
#13 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb said:
" @papad1992 said:
"5. X-Factor"
Is this some kind of sick joke? "
I hope it is; X-Factor is the most phenomenal x-title out there.  The characters are deep and complex and the book has a nice blend of gritty noir and dark(and occasionally light) humor.  I for one, would like to know how much X-Factor this Papad has read because I simply can't understand rating this as the worst X-title.  In my opinion, it's the best.  My opinion aside, the quality is certainly much higher than a lot of the other titles from a more objective standpoint.  
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't appreciate the insinuation that Marvel puts out books that aren't boring these days.

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:
" @PumpkinBomb: Listen, you pumpkinbomb, X-Factor has not one place in my heart, the characters are another thing but I think the book is all over the place and sloppy!!!   "Degenerate".... really!?!?! REPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK!! "
Really? I find X-Factor to be one of the better X-Books out there.

The best actually
#16 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. X Factor is easily the best X book out now.

#17 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio

The ball is in your court, papaya!

#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

All x-men comics are boring.

#19 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW... This forum started discussing about how boring Curse of the Mutants is and now it is a bash on ME about how I really don't like X-Factor! It's my opinion!!! 
I'm not saying it's the worst X-comic out there, I'm just comparing to the ones that are continuity!! 

NOW, CAN WE GET BACK TO DISCUSSING ABOUT THIS STORY-ARC.... THANKX!!!

#20 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh....I loved this book for the writing and art, Uncanny was just boring and the art was horrible, I can't get into any of the other X-Book's. This series would be fantastic to me if it weren't for the fact that I hate vampires.... -___-

Although, the next storyline in this series looks pretty interesting.

#21 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer:  You talking about the Serve and Protect story arc??
#22 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000 said:
" Yep. X Factor is easily the best X book out now. "
have to agree with this
#23 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy:  
This forum is about Curse of the Mutants... not X-Factor!!! So can we get off the X-Factor thing!!! 

If you love the team so much, go to the X-Factor respect page or something!!!
#24 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:
" @War Killer:  You talking about the Serve and Protect story arc?? "
Yes.
#25 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

I had really hope the story would be better, it seem like great idea if done fully right but I so far have only been shock by how bad its

#26 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel:  I agree with you! I hate it when they make something look like it is gonna be so big and epic when it really is small and not-so-epic!!!...????!!  

My problem is how much this storyline is like Necrosha/ Second Coming/ Utopia combined!!!
#27 Posted by MoonstoneEvil (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:
" Is it just me or is this story-arc just plainly DULL, SLOW, and downright BORING!?!?!?!?!  It seems like this story is very one note without any excitement!!!!  What do you guys think??? BORING??? "

I totally agree with you. I am getting so sick of these these pathetic vampire stories. It just ain't interesting! 
I'm a big fan of the X-men but this story-arc...ugh. Thank goodness for the other X-titles like legacy.
#28 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@MoonstoneEvil:  It just shows how marvel, like everything else in america, is running out of ideas!!!
#29 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

Better not call me borring or you'll straggeld with mah adimantium alloy pipes! 

#30 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

i like curse of the mutants
#31 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992:  I like to see were all this going to end
#32 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9736 posts) - - Show Bio

I just spent 24 dollars buying all 6 issues of curse of the mutants because it got high reviews on this site......mistake??????? :\

#33 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

I quit reading Curse of the Mutants

#34 Posted by Whoa (492 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:
" @N7_Normandy:  This forum is about Curse of the Mutants... not X-Factor!!! So can we get off the X-Factor thing!!!  If you love the team so much, go to the X-Factor respect page or something!!! "
calm down and breathe a little dude :) lol 
But I agree that Curse of the Mutants was not that great and in my opinion was lacking "flare" (but I do however liked what it did for Jubilee)...
#35 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

The ending was kinda bland
#36 Edited by Nosfistis (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on guys! It was an all out war of x-men vs vampires! Dracula dies and gets resurrected by x-men? Blade joins the fun? Wolverine and Jubilee turn into Vampires? A huge invasion of vamps on Utopia? Just thinking about it gives me bumps, let alone see it in the comic. Sure it was no "Sandman" level of sophistication, it was "lets pit mutants chopping vamps till death" dump entertainment. If you don't like vampires, fine, no problem, but don't dis a good story because of that. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.