Follow

Cullen Bunn

Person » Cullen Bunn is credited in 1414 issues.

Writer most known for his creator-owned series The Sixth Gun.

Interview: Cullen Bunn, Trevor McCarthy, & Brad Walker Talk GREEN LANTERN: LOST ARMY, AQUAMAN & SINESTRO

• 53 results
    neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By neiliusprime

I am intrigued with Lost Army, but I am very disappointed that nothing is being done with Simon Baz.... I am assuming he is not apart of the Green Lanterns that vanish to another universe. Is he gonna team up with Hal Jordan or Jessica Cruz soon. Also, gotta wonder where Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner end up.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jaken7 said:

@mysoulz said:

@jaken7 said:

@mysoulz said:

@jaken7: Kyle isn't going anywhere. I just seen Cullen Bunn responded to a user and said "stay tuned!" when a remark was made about the concerns for Kyle and Guy. But I don't think Kyle would be the one of the main focus on the book, unfortunately.

I figured, it's just unfortunate because we've been downsized to only 2 GL books. One of which focuses solely on Hal, and one of which that does not focus on Kyle or Simon as part of its main cast. So when my 2 favorite Lanterns aren't going to actively be a part of any of the GL books, it's like, when are we going to see 'em?

I understand. All Earth lanterns having their own runs was the best thing going for them, but unfortunately both Red Lantern and New Guardians sells were low, but wasn't in cancellation levels, which was a good thing. If the main Green Lantern book was able to sustain sales near Johns GL era, other lantern sub books would be higher than they already are, which I don't think both lantern books wouldn't be reduced currently. It's evident that the Green Lantern franchise/brand isn't a high profile series without Johns' writing (since him alone brings in an extra percentage in readership).

About Simon, I don't think writers are really interested in him at the moment, which is sad. He might appear alongside Hal Jordan in the main GL title possibly, but he was supposed to train and work with Jessica Cruz. I don't know why Geoff Johns would use Hal instead of Simon.

We'll see what happens with Kyle's final issue.

Fair points.

Yeah, I'm confused as hell on that. Especially since Simon was already on Earth serving as the Green's only presence there (with the approval of Guy, whose Reds hold dominion over sector 2814 now), and the one kind of keeping an eye on Hal's family. I don't understand why Johns would write about near-future events in his last GL issue, and then not follow through with said near-future events.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see, yeah.

I looked at the June solicits that just been released for the Omega Men:

The Omega Men are back in an all-new series! They’ve murdered White Lantern Kyle Rayner and now, the universe wants them to pay! Who are these intergalactic criminals – and is there more to their actions than meets the eye?

No way......I don't like this at all. This can't be true.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.