How has she used her powers

#1 Posted by PrinceKelly2010 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

How has she used her power over water, earth, fire and air. 

#2 Posted by Djinn (779 posts) - - Show Bio

well i only read her in inhumans vol 2,3 and secret invasion, and it seems like she cant create anything but can manipulate it. such as when she filled a room with water for triton in secret invasion, gorgon broke a pipe with water she didnt pull it out of the air, and when she fought medusa she used the fire from the torches, but all together she's pretty powerfull enough to go head to head with storm

#3 Posted by PrinceKelly2010 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh ok. Any Other Example's....

#4 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio
Djinn said:
but all together she's pretty powerfull enough to go head to head with storm"

That is debatable.  However, I do understand to an extent what you are saying.  In the 2 second fight Storm had with Crystal, there was a lot of wind.  I don't know who was creating it, but I assumed it was coming from both women. 
#5 Posted by Djinn (779 posts) - - Show Bio

it was in one of the black panthers comics, crystal created the wind, and storm was shocked it was coming from her, i like both women, but still think storm would win in the end, but crystal is able to go head to head and keep up a fight

#6 Posted by PrinceKelly2010 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent any more....

#7 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Crystal has used her powers to suck the air out of people's lungs, control a huge statue of Black Bolt as if it were alive (glowing eyes may indicate she can see through its eyes?), filled a room with water so Triton could breathe. She also created an air bubble capable of letting the Inhuman royal family breathe and walk in the vacuum of space. She created a huge serpent of pure fire (much like Pyro) which she used to subdue Medusa without burning her. These examples are all from the Secret Invasion mini. You can find many more feats in the issues of Fantastic 4 and Avengers in which she appears.

#8 Posted by Onyx (189 posts) - - Show Bio

It has always been my understanding Crys was able to manipulate and control elements to a high degree, but she couldn't create elements that are not there.

And Storm was able to create weather patterns

Crystal with enough moisture could create a tidal wave, Storm can not, she'd be able to create a Typhoon however

But maybe I have always misunderstood their abilities over the years
all I know the two women are immensly powerful at what they do, but what they do are two diffrent things

#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm can create tidal waves (although they'd have nothing to do with the tide) with wind patterns (a hurricane could cause tidal waves). You are correct about Crystal, she cannot create elements. She can, however manipulate earth/stone and fire as well as air and water. So what they do are most definitely two different things.

#10 Posted by Onyx (189 posts) - - Show Bio

True, should have been more specific with the tidal wave comment. I was thinking Crystal would probably win a match up between the two if they faced off, due to fact she can control more with her powers

She'd always have the advantage no matter where they battled, so unless storm could nail her with power attack from a distance, or press the advantage at close range...it would be a tough fight for Storm to win

#11 Posted by PrinceKelly2010 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok great one's THANK YOU......  Keep posting more as you find them........

#12 Posted by Djinn (779 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like crystal but she cant beat storm just because you have a multitude of powers doesn't mean u will beat someone without alot of powers, think of the Hulk he basically only have super strength but he gets attacked by a bunch of powers at once but still wins it depends on power level and experience and storm has enough power level to completely obliterate Crystal, storm has called a storm across the world, she has created weather patterns in the world where if she continuid she could create another ice age, I'll say agian love Crystal but Storm would win

#13 Posted by PrinceKelly2010 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree but hasn't crystal control the weather too, i mean maybe not on the same scale but she can right and if so how has she controlled the weather.....

#14 Posted by Djinn (779 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know but i never seen her control the weather

And other things she can do is
- create a pollution free enviroment such as it is on Attilan on earth, but by doing this she created a creature made of the elements that was very powerful
- she also can transmute air, when Susan Storm was pregnant and giving birth they were under atttack so she created a purple smoke to hide them, i dont know if it was toxic though and the comics never show her transmuting any other element
#15 Posted by PrinceKelly2010 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok Thank You Keep Posting Please!!!!!

#16 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Crystal would sooo beat Storm!

Storm is hella' powerful, but Crystal can manipulate all the elements
Water, Earth, Air , Fire .. Storm mostly affects the wind and rain and clouds etc....and Storm can't control fire, or rock.

But Crystal has much more potential ...

=]

#17 Posted by Witch_Doctor (689 posts) - - Show Bio
AngelFrost said:
"I think Crystal would sooo beat Storm!Storm is hella' powerful, but Crystal can manipulate all the elementsWater, Earth, Air , Fire .. Storm mostly affects the wind and rain and clouds etc....and Storm can't control fire, or rock.But Crystal has much more potential ...=]"
agreed :]
#18 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"control a huge statue of Black Bolt as if it were alive "

This is probably the best example of how Crystal differs from Storm.  Storm can create electrical fields to detect hidden wiring around a house, or pockets of air underwater, but she can't control stone or water.  Crystal synchronised the movement of Black Bolt's giant stone statue to her own movements.  She could probably shape and manipulate water in the same fashion.  In layman's terms, it's a bit like how the "Benders" do in Avatar.  She works with the elements that already exist and manipulates it in different ways... it's just that these powers have been vastly under-used for so long... she needs to be the centre of a story for a change.  She began to show her potential in the Secret Invasion tie-in, but it wasn't quite enough.
#19 Posted by Son Of Storm (11187 posts) - - Show Bio

RU PPL serious Storm would wipe the FLOOR with her. 1 good lighting strike and thats byebye crystal. Crystal has NO control over lightning/electricity

#20 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio
Son Of Storm said:
RU PPL serious Storm would wipe the FLOOR with her. 1 good lighting strike and thats byebye crystal. Crystal has ... [more]
Actually, I'm kinda of open to a neutral debate.  If someone made this thread, I wouldn't really choose  a side.  I'd just keep it going for several pages, while secretly learning more about Crystal :)
#21 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Son Of Storm said:
RU PPL serious Storm would wipe the FLOOR with her. 1 good lighting strike and thats byebye crystal. Crystal has ... [more]
I like how you came out of nowhere to post about Storm beating Crystal in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with them fighting. Not only that, but you resurrected a thread whose last post before yours was 5 weeks ago. You are taking fanboyism to new and exciting places.
#22 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
Son Of Storm said: RU PPL serious Storm would wipe the FLOOR with her. 1 good lighting strike and thats ... [more]

The last sentence made me laugh.
#23 Posted by Son Of Storm (11187 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
Son Of Storm said: RU PPL serious Storm would wipe the FLOOR with her. 1 good lighting strike and thats ... [more]
Wow Mage what a way 2 learn LOL

IGNORING ***KORG***
#24 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" RU PPL serious Storm would wipe the FLOOR with her. 1 good lighting strike and thats byebye crystal. Crystal has NO control over lightning/electricity "
Crystal could easily block the lightning with a huge piece of stone or rock.
#25 Posted by Son Of Storm (11187 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" RU PPL serious Storm would wipe the FLOOR with her. 1 good lighting strike and thats byebye crystal. Crystal has NO control over lightning/electricity "
Crystal could easily block the lightning with a huge piece of stone or rock. "
Wow..6monts ago..not about to get into this again.
sorry.
#26 Edited by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:

" @AngelFrost said:

" @Son Of Storm said:
sorry. "
Then there was no need to reply. (:
Could've just left it.
#27 Posted by Son Of Storm (11187 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @Son Of Storm said:

" @AngelFrost said:

" @Son Of Storm said:
sorry. "
Then there was no need to reply. (: Could've just left it. "
Because I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you :)
#28 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @AngelFrost said:
" @Son Of Storm said:

" @AngelFrost said:

" @Son Of Storm said:
sorry. "
Then there was no need to reply. (: Could've just left it. "
Because I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you :) "
Well I was just putting my point across. 
That's the point of Forums, anyone can post at any time. it doesn't matter when. Lol.
#29 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10839 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite inhuman and second favorite commic book character, I think she is very powerful (probably the most powerful inhuman with Blackbolt being dead...unless he's back???) and has one of the most versatile powersets in the MU. She has used her powers in a number of ways over the years but I think one of the most creative showings was her using her earth control to make the terrigen crystals, which the inhumans their abilities, completely inert and useless, redirecting an explosion with her wind control and creating an energy flare, and lifting an entire city.   

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.