Follow

Crystal

Character » Crystal appears in 1274 issues.

Crystal is a member of the Inhumans and the younger sister of Medusa, Queen of the Inhumans. She has the power to manipulate the four classical elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth.

Crystal: Supremely Powerful or Relationship Fodder?

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrMiracle77

So, Crystal.

I like Crystal.  For starters, she shares a name with my actual wife.  She has control over the four elements: earth, air, fire, and water.  By all rights she should be supremely powerful.  The combination of those powers should make her the sum of characters like Human Torch, Hydro-Man, Terra, and even some components of Storm's powers as well.  Next to Black Bolt, who can destroy at the speed of his own speech, she's easily the most powerful Inhuman.  

So what happened?  When introduced, she fooled around with Johnny Storm.  With the Avengers, she married Quicksilver.  At some point she had a retroactive affair with Sentry.  Now she's been handed off to Ronan.  Its like she's become the bed-hopper that some writers wish Sue Storm was.

So is Crystal doomed to arm-candy status?  Will the day ever arrive when she comes into her own and has non-relationship based motivations?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg

First of all, she had a relationship with Sentry? How incredibly lame of whoever wrote that. Secondly, to address the actual point, I think Crystal is finally becoming more than a significant other. Her relationship with Ronan is one of mutual respect. I would even say she is the dominant personality in their relationship. She's also being built up as a political force right now, with the Kree people taking quite a liking to her. I think she will be heading the opposition against Maximus and Medusa during The Thanos Imperative.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By MrMiracle77
    @Korg: 
    The whole Sentry affair happened during the Civil War issues of New Avengers.  He was visiting the Moon as a getaway and the two of them had a spontaneous revelation about the whole thing.  I don't think Bob ever told his wife.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Korg said:
    " First of all, she had a relationship with Sentry? How incredibly lame of whoever wrote that. Secondly, to address the actual point, I think Crystal is finally becoming more than a significant other. Her relationship with Ronan is one of mutual respect. I would even say she is the dominant personality in their relationship. She's also being built up as a political force right now, with the Kree people taking quite a liking to her. I think she will be heading the opposition against Maximus and Medusa during The Thanos Imperative. "

I am gonna have to agree with Korg on all the above points. Her relationship with Ronan was arranged to show the unity of the Inhuman Elite to the Kree people. Now I am not sure if that was always the plan for her, but it would make sense. Throughout history kings would allow a princess to wed an enemy to turn that enemy. It is just easier then having to wipe them out, if anything this shows how wise Black Bolt trully was.

Long live King Black Bolt!
    CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CosmicSpiral

And Ronan does have feelings for her, even if she chose the marriage out of political unity. It's odd how she is usually paired with vain characters, she doesn't seem like the type that would be attracted to them. 

Shrekpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shrekpop
    @Nova`Prime` said:

" @Korg said:

" First of all, she had a relationship with Sentry? How incredibly lame of whoever wrote that. Secondly, to address the actual point, I think Crystal is finally becoming more than a significant other. Her relationship with Ronan is one of mutual respect. I would even say she is the dominant personality in their relationship. She's also being built up as a political force right now, with the Kree people taking quite a liking to her. I think she will be heading the opposition against Maximus and Medusa during The Thanos Imperative. "

I am gonna have to agree with Korg on all the above points. Her relationship with Ronan was arranged to show the unity of the Inhuman Elite to the Kree people. Now I am not sure if that was always the plan for her, but it would make sense. Throughout history kings would allow a princess to wed an enemy to turn that enemy. It is just easier then having to wipe them out, if anything this shows how wise Black Bolt trully was.  Long live King Black Bolt! "
    wasnt it Medusa that accepted the married ? To make sure the Kree would help them resuce Black Bolt from the Skrulls
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Shrekpop: To be honest I am not exactly sure about anything while Black Bolt was a prisoner of the Skrull, I didn't get back into comics until right around the end of Civil War and then I was just reading Punisher and Nova. But the arranged marriage happened during the WoK and like I said above that happened right after Attilan and the Inhuman Elite arrived on Hala. Although from what I can tell about Medusa I doubt she would want anyone outside of the Inhuman Elite to help with a rescue of Black Bolt, she seems to be a rather big isolationist when it comes to the problems of the Inhuman Elite.
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I agree, They've focused more on her relationships than anything else. I'd love to see her be more involved in the action and maybe join a superhero team again. [: I'd love to see her kick butt.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mutant God

And she cheated on Quicksilver.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @Mutant God:  :O who with?
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mutant God

Some guy name Norman Webster 
    and she flirted with Black Knight.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

Relationship-wise; she's bad news.
    primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know you have a point they do throw her as relationship fodder at times. She has such potential i don't mind the ronan marriage since it is a reminiscent of political marriages, which will help both the kree and inhumans cope.

Still i never got her relationship with quicksilver, much like the she hulk and jameson marriage. Albiet i did like the whole affair with her and sentry

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just need a good writier to give more show of her formidable abilities. its only recently she hasnt been shown as the "damsel in the distress". When she was apart of the avengers roster, it seemed as though she always was knocked unconscious or simply doing sideline work. I do agree, she could be a very powerful inhuman next to blackbolt if some writer will take more interest in her and bring her more to the front line. Maybe in the new inhumanity stories she will be a more central focus

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.