Follow

Crossover

Concept » Crossover appears in 4489 issues.

A crossover is when two or more universes collide and characters from two distinct universes interact.

Off My Mind: Why We Need More Comic Book Crossovers

• 135 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-6030f931768b5
    deactivated-6030f931768b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

I'd love to see a new Marvel vs DC crossover as I feel the first one was pretty lame with a rushed story line.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By TheCowman

I find it interesting that many people seem unable to separate a crossover from an "event".

jdbernal82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By jdbernal82

I'd prefer a Deathstroke Vs Deadpool

Justice League Vs The Avengers would be a very interesting read.

Superman vs Thor

Batman vs Iron Man

Hulk vs Superman

Thor vs Hawkman

Green Arrow faces Hawkeye

Hulk vs Martian Manhunter

Hulk vs Darksied

Hulk vs Doomsday

Hulk vs Atrocious(Not to sure if I spelled his name right but the Red Lantern Leader)

Hulk vs Apollo

Thor vs Wonder Woman or Shazam

Batman vs Captain America

Darksied vs Thanos

Superman vs Sentry

Dr.Fate vs Dr.Strange

HULK vs LOBO

Daredevil vs Batman

Spider-man vs The Flash or Nightwing

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By feargalr

Miles Morales and Damian Wayne!!!!!

Boom.

ShrimpDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 18

#105  Edited By ShrimpDino

Crossovers are awesome :D

I want to see more comic book crossovers

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By StarKiller809

I disagree... How about a decent crossover or none at all...

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By cuddles666

DC vs. Marvel needs to happen again as a videogame. No more worrying about writers and artists, winners or losers. Give the all-stars to Capcom or Arc System Works and let the fans decide who wins!

Also, the boss possibilities are quite frankly insane.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By cuddles666

You know it'd sell, too.

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By .Longshot.

Lex Luthor meets Kingpin and calls him a trivial crime boss piddling away his time on a blind man. Kingpin replies, "Well... you're bald!"

Lois Lane criticizes Mary Jane on getting into danger too easily.

The Atom shrinks down smaller than Ant-Man and shows him how it's done.

Iron Man fits his repulsors with kryptonite.

Black Panther tells Batman his costume is a little too dark.

Jason Todd moons Bucky.

Green Arrow throws out his shaving cream and stops being a douchebag.

(That last one doesn't really have anything to do with crossovers, I'm just pissed at J.T. Krul)

Sonnenlicht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Sonnenlicht

Crossover!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By csl316

People have always made vs. threads, so I can always see the appeal of crossovers.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If I'm not mistaken, I think DC and Marvel kinda relaxed on having intercompany crossovers after there seemed to be a glut of them in the nineties, with more examples than can be named off the top of my head. Don't know if that's an official reason or even an excuse, but truly in a time period in which there seemed to be the only fashionably thing to do was make intercompany crossovers, its understandable why we don't see them as much today. Of course, DC was in one not too long ago, pitting Legion of Super-Heroes teaming up with the crew of Star Trek: Next Generation, if I'm not mistaken. One shining example among so few we see.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

With DC/Marvel ? nope, the 90's was enough, maybe 2090.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114  Edited By Captain13

@feargalr said:

Miles Morales and Damian Wayne!!!!!

Boom.

"Like"

wildcardcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By wildcardcomics

Here is one "Crazy" alternative. Remember those cool JSA/JLA Cross overs around Thanksgiving where the characters mostly kicked back and had a nice dysfunctional Thanksgiving diner? I think DC/Marvel should do that for their teams around the end of the year holidays. That way, instead of creating a crappy story line excuse for our heroes to fight, they'd just get together and kick it Face it, we all know any cross over between Marvel/DC never changes things in either company so the bad guy or drama is always weak. Making it just a relaxed simple diner, great writers would write smart dialogue, and both teams could make fun of each other's mistakes in the past year.

Or...Team up DC/Marvel vs Anime. ;)

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
    Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

I really love crossovers,they are the best events.But why should we wait only for a Marvel/DC cross?

There are a few characters from other companies that could team up or face each other and make a decent story.

As much as I'd like to see Superman vs Sentry or Iron Man vs Steel or Jason Todd vs the Punisher I'd enjoy stories like Spawn vs Superman,The Darkness vs Spawn,Batman vs Shadowhawck,The Shaft vs Hawkeye,Haunt vs Venom,Ghost Rider vs Spawn(that one should be a masterpiece)and many more.

What about a crossover/elseworlds "Batman vs the Crow"?

Story goes like this: Joker kills Jason Todd(with the same way we all now)but a crow brings him back to avenge his death.Jason paints his face like a clown(similar to Joker's face so he'll never forget who took his life)and starts killing members of the Joker's gang.In the meantime Batman is trying to find who is the new vigilante,why is he so interested in taking down only the Joker's crew and what is the meaning of the strange crow-graffiti drawings that the killer is painting in every crime scene.

No Caption Provided
    th3jok3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By th3jok3r

I may be in the minority here, but I am thoroughly enjoying AvX. Some of the top creators in comics collaborating on an event that will have massive repercussions within the Marvel U, and then said creators spinning off into a new Marvel U to play with. I think it is very gutsy to put all your eggs in one basket, but looking at some of the creative teams that have been assembled for Marvel NOW!, it is kind of hard not to get excited.

Mr_Wayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#118  Edited By Mr_Wayne69

Speaking of which, I have a cool DC vs. Marvel list on my page that I could use help w/ if anyone's interested. Check it out!

Azrael66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Azrael66

I love crossovers as long as they don't use cookie-cutter story lines and obvious matchups. They have great potential but that potential was often wasted in the past. I'd still love to see some new ones.

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By AskaniSon295

what we need is simple a monthly title simply called DC & Marvel Comics Presents and the let any writer artist combination put out what they want and the fans decide.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#121  Edited By _Zombie_

No, we need more good crossovers. If crossovers continue in their current.. lackluster form, it'll just serve to bring about more headaches like AVX.

midnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By midnightmare

@DarthShap said:

No, we don't need it. They are just not that good. Most times, they stick to the overused formula : villains unite, heroes meet, fight and realise they are both good guys, heroes beat villains.

Yes, and in some cases like the 2nd Spiderman/Superman crossover and the x-men and teen titans they were basicly Superman vs Dr. Doom and X-men vs Darkseid(plus wolverine vs deathstroke) whith the other participants as filler, and in the firs Spiderman/Superman everybody acepts that the beloved Superman has kidnaped one of his main fans(Lois Lane) and a random girl called Mary Jane Watson and the wanted vigilante Spiderman is going to rescue them, while it should made more sense the other way. Maybe they should made more intercompany hero vs villain or make belieble when 2 heroes should fight.

Jacobin_Wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Jacobin_Wisdom

The only crossover I care to see is Wolverine and Batman encountering each other to fight it out. I just gotta know who'd would win!

Wolverine,over a hundred years of combat training, adamantium bones that makes a punch deadly and the mighty healing factor. Plus he would not be afraid to kill Batman.

Batman has the money, the brains and can be a match combat wise but wolverine will win by a margin.

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuKQ3Oc97Wk&feature=g-vrec sums it up pretty well!

Avatar image for justforthecomments
    justforthecomments

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moywar700: Agree!
    ElReginaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By ElReginaldo

If writers treat the inter-company cross-overs like organic stories, and not just big, sprawling events, then they can be a lot of fun. They work better when they are self-contained. That Spider-man vs. Superman comic from the 70's was actually very good. So was the X-Men/Titans comic. Marvel Vs. DC from the mid 90's was kind of hit or miss, though. As for big-event stories within companies, it seems like they have just become the Summer block-buster of the comics medium. Wouldn't it be nice if the big two just gave us a break from those for a few years so that when they inevitably do it again, it might actually be exciting, and not just same-old same-old?

greenk_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By greenk_warrior

within publishers multiverse-sure

combining two differnt publishers-no unless there is a really good story

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127  Edited By Spydey

I sort of hate Marvel Crossovers because of you have to jump around so much. So many issues run parallel to the arc. To keep up with this arc, you have to go and read this person's series to see how he/she got here. "When did Jessica get there. Oh. I gotta read Avengers, New Avengers, Winter Soldier, Archie, Scott Pilgrim, Curious George Saves the Day, blah blahblah."

First world problems. v_v

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Binski

I own all the Amalgam comics all the Marvel vs DC comics and JLA/Avengers so yeah I would like to see more :)

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Bogey

A DC and Marvel character team up would be cool if it's made like the Brave and the Bold series style of two new characters each comic.

ghostrecon9200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ghostrecon9200

Iron man and batman crossover is needed.

FanofUltraman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By FanofUltraman

I'd like to see a DC/Marvel crossover but with their respective multiverses, too. Like The Crime Syndicate and Squadron Supreme or something.

smtsandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By smtsandi

I personally have no problem with a crossover with DC and Marvel. Being someone who wasn't into comics back when they actually did crossovers in th 90s I would love to see interactions between certain characters like Thor and Wonder Woman or Batman and Iron Man. Thats just me being a fangirl.

Now to be serious, I don't see where Marvel and DC can do a crossover series at this point in time. DC is still building up to the Trinty War (I think...) and Marvel is still working on AvX with the last issue coming out next month. Plus the New 52 is...too new if that makes sense. I would wait until like...next year for something like a crossover. The event that would lead into the crossover must be big and not cliche. This is 2012, we are in a new day and age with talented script writers and artists I'm sure we can come up with something. Here's a thought... Darkseid teams up with...oh Idk...Galactus because Doctor Doom found a way to cross dimensions. Is Galactus dead? My Marvel knowlege is very limited so forgive me. But see? I just came up with a shitty plot that could possibly have potential of being a big hit if smoothed out a little better. lol don't listen to me guys I speak nonsense...! Marvel and DC need to brainstorm if they want to do a crossover and it needs to be good! Like I said, not cheesy or cliche.

BATMAN9797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#133  Edited By BATMAN9797

@minigunman123: batman would beat iron man

Ghostmarch5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Ghostmarch5

I hate comic book crossovers. They're so stupid. Especially when they try to pit a Marvel character against a DC character or vice versa.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

The last thing we need is from people average people saying ,"Why isn't The Green Laturn in the Avengers." Or,"The Batman is the best Marvel film ever."These statements actually happened.

I know this is a year old, but let me get this straight. Because you're dreading the inevitable comments of people who just don't read comics, no one should ever have a crossover again? That sounds like you're way too concerned with the opinions of others.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.