Follow

Crossgen

Publisher »

Formerly an independent comic company of the early 2000's, as of 2011 it is now publishing new material as a Marvel imprint.

Is anyone else into Crossgen Comics?

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Djinn

I really like their comics and angry they went bankrupt. I loved the whole idea of the sigil bearers, and heard on wikipedia that someone is suppose to buy the rights and print out more comics. I hope so, so they can finish the Negation War.

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Lifeguard85

Disney bought the rights to Crossgen a long time ago. It was brought up in an interview whether or not Marvel would be able to use the content now, but who knows. I doubt the war will ever been seen, but out of the First, only Trenin and Ingra would have survived

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Yep ! Crossegen comics had some promising story, different of usual uperhero thing. Alas I think it's dead like the dinosaur...
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

I loved CrossGen at first. Then they kinda tried too much, too many new comics without the demand for them really. I gave up on them before the end though cuz the individual issues were too short and the stories were spread out too much. I'd totally watch a movie or animated series based off a couple of the books though.

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lifeguard85

I wanted an animated movie about the First...I loved that book. It had so much in it, I could never get enough of it!

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By COBRAMORPH

I liked that the sigil bearer from Sojourn was a villain.

Avatar image for charmcitycomics
    CharmCityComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CharmCityComics

In the beginning I got  most of the titles, I really liked Sojourn,Crux, and El Cazador even though they weren't in continuity(I think?)but anything that has Waid, Perez, or Marz involved is usually a good thing. Then the owner I heard was a prick, quoting Mark Waid " He's a kid with a checkbook, always yelling at the creators telling them to stand in the corner or sending them home from the office. For more info check out this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrossGen . It also has a list of their entire library. 
                                Recently I just got the 1st 3 trades for Sigil, Mystic, Scion, Meridian, and Sojourn. My goal is to get the complete library of trades or issues. NOTE: Crossgen trades can be found reprinted on http://www.checkerbpg.com/
                     Hope this helps someone out, glad to hear I'm not the only one that misses Crossgen!
    Vorien79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vorien79
    @PrinceIMC said:
    "I loved CrossGen at first. Then they kinda tried too much, too many new comics without the demand for them really. I gave up on them before the end though cuz the individual issues were too short and the stories were spread out too much. I'd totally watch a movie or animated series based off a couple of the books though. "

That's exactly how I felt.  Loved Scion and The First, but just sort of lost intrest.  It would be great for that universe to get a revamp though.
    RoninTheFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By RoninTheFury

I was a huge fan of many of Crossgen's comics, including: The Negation, Sigil, Sojourn, Lady Death, and i LOVED the idea of all these Sigil bearers that Danik had created across the universe to combat the coming of Charon and the Negation Empire. i was so looking forward to the coming together of all the Sigil bearers and the Negation War storyline. Crossgen had so much potential, but they just killed themselves with coming out with way too many titles too fast before they had built up a proper fan base. I would be so happy if Negation War would be brought back, but i know that is most likely never going to happen. It's too bad. I thought Charon's "children" the Lawbringers had such potential to be embraced by fans as the most fearsome race of beings ever created in comics.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#11  Edited By TronHammer

I was eating up everything they had.

That was one of the most engrossing stories I had ever read.

I'd love to see it return just the way it was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.