silkcuts's Crisis on Infinite Earths #1 - Crisis On Infinite Earths review

• silkcuts wrote this review on .
  • silkcuts has written a total of 726 reviews. The last one was for

Project 500: Crisis of Infinite Reviewers

With the Jam Review and the Relay Reviews both done from Project 500, the concept of talking about this whole series still remains for me to do.  I am honored that so many great people helped out on Project 500 and the best part honestly was playing editor of the Project.  What was great with the reviews written in Relay style was that different readers of different relationship had different appreciation for the same story we were all reading together.

The list of the Relay reviews can be found ( HERE) and I do no personally recommend a single one, because all should be read, since all are written with the heart and passion for comics.  Some of us talked about the repercussions of the events and how some are now undone.  Some of us talked about key moments and why they are important to comics history.  A few writers besides me touch on concepts even outside the standard four color printed pages, some would even say there are early examples of Metaphysics in comics before Grant Morrison was blowing our minds with Batman.

Crisis on Infinite Earths is part of comics history and  do believe every comic fan should read it.  Not just to say they have read it, but to really discover why it is so important and why it is so celebrated.

I thank everyone again who was a part of Project 500 in anyway.  Project 500 is my hypersigil to Comicvine and I do hope that it opens minds, because comics are much more then just pictures and words.  They are a language all its own.

Cheers
- Kevin "Silkcuts" Gorospe

Well put as always.

Posted by Silkcuts
@turoksonofstone:  Thanks mate, means a lot you were part of the project
Posted by turoksonofstone

Any Chance of you reviewing Valiant's " Unity" from the 90's?

@turoksonofstone said:
" Any Chance of you reviewing Valiant's " Unity" from the 90's? "
I don't have it, it is something we can look into as a future project.  Do you have have milestones on the horizon?

@turoksonofstone said:
" If I pull it together, would you want to relay the Arc with me? I consider it the Best Crossover ever. "
Sure
^_^

Have to be honest, I don't know much about that uni
@Silkcuts:
That's the Idea, it's 16 parts but not as "busy" as Crisis.
@turoksonofstone said:
" @Silkcuts: That's the Idea, it's 16 parts but not as "busy" as Crisis. "
"Busy" is what made Crisis overwhelming for some...lol
Who else do you want on this next project?
Posted by turoksonofstone

Was gonna do it solo but if you want we could rotate?

@turoksonofstone said:
" Was gonna do it solo but if you want we could rotate? "
Sounds cool, I still don't know much about the arc or uni, no deadline pressure?