Should Creeper remain insane?

Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Creeper is ever reincorporated into comics again, should he be portrayed as a psychotic (like the modern version) or should he be portrayed in the same vein as Ditko's version of the character?

#1 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#2 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

i like him crazy. a sane person calling himself the creeper aint sane.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#4 Posted by chalkshark (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

I've have him hew as close to his roots as possible. I find it disrespectful to the original creators whenever someone takes a character and just arbitrarily re-invents them to suit their story. I'm looking at you DC re-launch. If you're not going to write the character, then don't use the character. I think portraying the Creeper as insane is a bit too easy and totally misses the point of the character. Insanity allows a lazy writer to justify bad characterization. The Creeper deserves better.

#5 Posted by ladymastermind (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. Dikto's original version was the best. the newer versions (especially the newest one) are terrible.

#6 Posted by RazzaTazz (9479 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the original version the best

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#8 Posted by OhMyWord (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want a carbon copy, but something more along the lines of Ditko's portrayal would be a welcome change. The psycho schtick has been done to death.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#11 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

He should stay insane, IMO.

#12 Posted by Squalleon (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Insane it is!

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.