Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

A good hint of what you'll see.
     A good hint of what you'll see.

COWBOYS & ALIENS is rounding up quite the posse of talent, ain’t it? Collider’s just got wind that Paul Dano, Clancy Brown and Keith Caradine, along with that kung-fu wrecking ball, Noah Wringer (the lead kid from the forthcoming LAST AIRBENDER movie). Clancy Brown should be familiar to any comics fan… he’s been the voice of  cartoon Lex Luthor, Mr. Sinister and Captain George Stacy.  I’m not familiar with Keith Caradine, aside from knowing that he’s in DEXTER, but I know Dano well from his antagonistic role in THERE WILL BE BLOOD, which is one of my favorite movies. His performance in that was incredible.

These guys are joining James Bond and Indiana Jones… that is, Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford, along with Olivia Wilde, for Jon Favreau’s follow-up to IRON MAN 2 that’s due to hit July, 2011. If the title hasn’t conveyed the plot well enough to you, somehow, and you’ve been wondering what this darn comic-based movie is going to be about… then you needn’t furrow your brow any longer because the official synopsis has been released. Read it at the bottom…

You know, I haven’t read this Platinum Comics release, so I didn’t realize until just recently that Comic Vine’s own pal, Dennis Calero, as an artist on it. I also didn’t realize Fred Van Lente was one of the writers on the project, as well. While he’s done a lot of work, I’m especially a fan of his work with Ryan Dunlavey. Both ACTION PHILOSOPHERS! and COMIC BOOK COMICS are some of the best (for lack of a better word) edu-tainment I’ve seen in any medium. I seriously recommend grabbing both.

Ah, and here's the synopsis, as promise...

1873. Arizona Territory. A stranger (Craig) with no memory of his past stumbles into the hard desert town of Absolution. The only hint to his history is a mysterious shackle that encircles one wrist. What he discovers is that the people of Absolution don’t welcome strangers, and nobody makes a move on its streets unless ordered to do so by the iron-fisted Colonel Dolarhyde (Ford). It’s a town that lives in fear.

But Absolution is about to experience fear it can scarcely comprehend as the desolate city is attacked by marauders from the sky. Screaming down with breathtaking velocity and blinding lights to abduct the helpless one by one, these monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known.

Now, the stranger they rejected is their only hope for salvation. As this gunslinger slowly starts to remember who he is and where he’s been, he realizes he holds a secret that could give the town a fighting chance against the alien force. With the help of the elusive traveler Ella (Olivia Wilde), he pulls together a posse comprised of former opponents—townsfolk, Dolarhyde and his boys, outlaws and Apache warriors—all in danger of annihilation. United against a common enemy, they will prepare for an epic showdown for survival.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Chaos Burn

Sounds liek something i'll watch but not take too seriously

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By doordoor123
    @Chaos Burn said:
    " Sounds liek something i'll watch but not take too seriously "
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sparda

Oh my god, Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig?

This just skyrocketed near the top of my "to watch" list.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

That synopsis sounds pretty different from the comic. Oh well. I still think it could be a fun movie.

Avatar image for supermanofste_el
    supermanofste-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By supermanofste-el

You had me at Olivia Wilde.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NightFang3
    @Chaos Burn said:

" Sounds liek something i'll watch but not take too seriously "

How could you take this film seriously?
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By goldenkey

hated "there will be blood."  Good acting stupid movie.

Jediknightjace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jediknightjace

Dang it! I was hoping it would be Michael Rosenbaum.

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LP
    @Jediknightjace: That would have been freaking cool!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.