inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    LatinoReview reported today that Harrison Ford may have been added to the cast of the upcoming comic book adapted film Cowboys and Aliens

Late last week before the holiday break I got a tip from a source that Harrison Ford was about to join a huge comic book movie to be directed by a director coming off a soon to be released huge comic book movie.

And 12 hours ago, Jon Favreau posted this on his twitter account:

Some very cool Cowboys & Aliens casting news coming soon... 

Jon Favreau: Director of a comic book movie, who is coming off a HUGE comic book movie. Upcoming comic book movie: Cowboys and Aliens. Seems pretty cut and dry if you ask me, but I'm sure we'll have 100% confirmation very soon on whether or not Mr. Ford is for sure playing a role in this upcoming film. 

The comic, released in trade in 2006, was written by Fred Van Lente, and featured some pencils/colors by Dennis Calero. The comic was essentially about cowboys and Native-Americans teaming up to fight off aliens in the wild west. The film is set to be released in July of 2011. The comic received mixed reviews. I've heard people say they loved it and others say it was downright awful. If there's one thing I could say about this film it's this: Cowboys and Aliens would work great on the big screen if the right people are working on it, and this film has the right people on it. Jon Favreau is directing, and the team who adapted and wrote the film are some of the folks that brought us Children of Men, Iron Man, and the Star Trek revamp. This film seems to have everything going for it.

As for Ford, how big is his role in this film? I'd love to see him as a grizzled sheriff, trying to keep his out-of-control deputy in line. Or maybe as the town mayor? Most likely, he'll be an older military man in charge of the battle against the aliens, although I'd seriously love to see him as a sheriff. "Get off my plane... I mean Get outta my town." If (when) this is announced, we'll hopefully know his role within the film. We'll keep you updated!

What kind of role would you like to see Harrison Ford play in Cowboys and Aliens?
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Angry old Han Solo on a horse, I'm in for that

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NightFang3

This could be a cool movie.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By Moomin123

This could be good I guess. But if Harrison Ford wears a cowboy hat, then that'll sort of be a little wierd, not that anyone is gonna get confused with Indiana Jones. 
    But who knows.
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Omega Ray Jay said:
    " Angry old Han Solo on a horse, I'm in for that "
    seconded
    jlat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#5  Edited By jlat89
    @lazystudent said:
    " @Omega Ray Jay said:
    " Angry old Han Solo on a horse, I'm in for that "
    seconded "
    agreed
    Riezner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Riezner

That comic book was terrible. Really hesitant about a film adaptation.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Theodore

That'd be awesome

Quest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Quest

that sounds cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.