Follow

Cowboy Ninja Viking

Character » Cowboy Ninja Viking appears in 11 issues.

A former Multiple Personality Disorder patient recruited to a counter-intelligence unit called the Triplets.

Early Review: Cowboy Ninja Viking #5

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    The final issue of the first arc is about to descend upon us. The solicit points out comics that "change everything" and that does happen here. This is what it's all been coming down to. Will we get some answers? Who will live and who will die? What shocking twists will we see and how will this lead into the next arc beginning in issue #6?

The Good:

Perhaps the question should be what wasn't good? I've been a fan of the the series since the beginning. I still like the idea of a trained killer with the personalities of a cowboy, a ninja and a viking. We are seeing a conclusion to the arc. Things will be settled and we can expect some changes in the next issue.

The art continues to amaze. From panel to panel, you appreciate the oversized pages when the Triplets' personalities talk or argue amongst themselves. It's still surprising how well the story works with the minimal use of colors. The panels vary from appearing simple to complex and each tells so much.

The Bad:

As I mentioned, there isn't really a lot that's bad here. If anything, I would have to mention the shipping schedule. Unfortunately the unforeseen shipping felt as if it interrupted the flow of the story. This is a book that will read well when the trade comes out next month. The ending is a bit of a bold step. I like where it could be going but there might be some that would question the direction the book appears to be headed.

The Verdict:

I can't get enough Cowboy Ninja Viking. The comic delivers something different. It's not your typical super hero comic. You get action, violence, profanity, humor along with a great story and art. If you've been reading the series, you're going to want to read this to see what happens and what could be happening in the next arc. If you haven't been reading the series (what's wrong with you?), you might be a little lost. Try picking up the back issues or wait until the trade comes out. This is definitely a series worth checking out. I'd give issue #5 a solid 4.5 out of 5. Look for it this Wednesday.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Branagin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Branagin77
    @G-Man:  Are you sure about that release date?

According to previews this issues is not coming out this Wednesday   :(
    Zniperking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Zniperking

do you know when they are going to make a trade of cowboy ninja viking

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Branagin77: There was confusion over the release date. Both A.J. Lieberman and Image confirmed this week. 

@Zniperking:
    The trade will be out in April (exact date still coming) with the following (according to Lieberman):
    • 160 pages of material, 
    • over 30 of them new & never before seen 
    • including the original candy colored pitch, 
    • an alt script, 
    • pin ups, 
    • unused cover art, 
    • and super sweet black-on-black-on-orange spot gloss cover  
    • and special appearance of CNV on the back cover talking straight to the fans.
    Xion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xion

Nice!!!  I cant wait to read how the arc ends!!! This series is awesome :D

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

G-Man's such a show-off, getting all these issues of Cowboy Ninja Viking before the rest of us ;)    
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @xerox-kitty: I could brag some more and say that I read it at the beginning of March. I just want to point out that the book has been completed on time each month. There were just other factors that caused the delays.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @G-Man: Each time you post about it, it builds my anticipation.  I didn't read the last issue though... gonna go through them from scratch when I get my mits on issue 5.

You're still a show-off, though ;)
    _brandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _brandon

According to Diamond, Mid-town comics and other sites it isn't shipping this week and Diamond doesn't have it on the items for 4/7 either. 

Any updates? At this point I can't imagine it in stores if Diamond hasn't listed it, no? 

Gots to have it!
    Zniperking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Zniperking
    @G-Man: Thank you G-Man, I must give you something for this information
    Catastrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Catastrophic

The trade is still not here in Malaysia yet.. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.