Will the Court of Owls be recurring Villains?

#1 Edited by littleloup (20 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS

------------------

As of Batman #10, a fair amount of them were killed, but it's said their reach is far greater than that one group. Plus there's all the stuff with Thomas Wayne Jr, i'll just call him Owlman since that's who he is, even if he hasn't been named in-comic yet.

1.Will Owlman keep connected to the rest of the court if he survives issue #11, or will he ditch them to focus on his 'revenge'?

2. Will this cabal stay in the comics? How will it interact with high-class characters that already exist like Penguin?

#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84513 posts) - - Show Bio
@littleloup
1. Doubtful. My interpretation was that he didnt hold any allegiance to the Court. They were simply a tool.
2. I hope so. Bruce said there were more members and once they found out what happened (in ish 10) they'd be coming after T. Wayne.
#3 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be shocked if they were not a recurring threat, its rare a villain gets pushed this hard and end up as a one timer. Only way they get tossed aside is if their is a change in the creative team and the new writer wants to move away from it.

#4 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so, I don't think there's a story that could be big enough to bring them back.

I expect there might be a few Cameos of members of the court.

Although, it seems like they'll be in Talon for a while so they'll still be around but maybe not as major Batman villians.

#5 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

I don't think so, I don't think there's a story that could be big enough to bring them back.

I expect there might be a few Cameos of members of the court.

Although, it seems like they'll be in Talon for a while so they'll still be around but maybe not as major Batman villians.

If DC wanted to make them one-time villains in Batman books, they'd make the first or second arc of Talon a big event, with Talon doing something so big that the Court decides to focus all of the other Talons on him, therefore making Batman safe. In the event that Talon is cancelled, the last arc could be a big event where Talon kills (well, not kills... you know) all of the members of the Court.

I can imagine the Talons getting another arc in Batman in a few years, though.

#6 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Thomas will leave them for future revenge if he isnt killed by Batman

The court will be seeking recompense especially Martha Powers

#7 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I think losing a large chunk of their Talons and having a big circle of core members killed by one of their own will at least make them disappear for a while. The Court will still be out there somewhere and maybe their presence will be felt, but they won't be featured as primary villains for at least a few years.

#8 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC making money from it, and fans digging it means we will hear more from them (and him T. Wayne)

#9 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on what happens in Batman #11 it could be awesome to have Owlman as an antagonist in the Talon series, probably unlikely but who else is Talon guy supposed to fight?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.