So The Court of Owls are pretty much the Illuminati right?

#1 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that Im saying that the Illuminati is real, but when you look at the signatures of The Court of Owls and the Illuminati such as worshiping the Owl of Bohemian Grove, a clandestine organization and immense esoteric secrets the group has, one can only think that they're a fictional illuminati.

#2 Posted by gats_botl (78 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed sir

#3 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope,the Black Glove is more like a fictional Illuminati.Actual devil worshipers with people in top positions.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33019 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when did the Illuminati worship the devil?

#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8814 posts) - - Show Bio

What can be described as illuminati is vague at best because everyone puts it's spin on it. At the simplest it's this:

1-Conspiracy of people in positions of power with a secret collective agenda

2-They manipulate the world/city/universe behind the scenes to get their desired ends

3-the worl/city/universe is like it is now because of them and their enemies trying to counter them

that's all that's all that defines an Illuminati. Everything else is dressing.

#6 Posted by Loki9876 (3004 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody knows that the illuminati were actually scientist in the 16th (i think) century who were hiding for the church because they didn't like their research, the church thangave them a bad name.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33019 posts) - - Show Bio
@Loki9876 said:

Nobody knows that the illuminati were actually scientist in the 16th (i think) century who were hiding for the church because they didn't like their research, the church thangave them a bad name.

Yes, in Germany 
#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8814 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

Yes I know about that, but here we were talking about Illuminati as pop culture defines it.

#9 Posted by Loki9876 (3004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: hah ok but I think lots of people don't know that.

#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
Common misconception. We do not associate ourselves with the worshippers of such comically evil, fictional characters.
#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (14686 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Nope,the Black Glove is more like a fictional Illuminati.Actual devil worshipers with people in top positions.

#12 Edited by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Glove and Court of Owls both share similarities to the Illuminati and they're probably both based on the illuminati in some ways (which would explain the complaints that the two are too similar) the Black Glove is basically the same idea but doesn't have the same secret organization feel to it if you ask me. The Court of Owls is a smaller scale version of the Illuminati, only based in Gotham but has been secretly controlling the city for hundreds of years behind the scenes.

#13 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

I dont think they worship the devil. That's a misconception of the image of Baphomet who is a pagan deity. and I think the devil worship is usually assoctiated with Masons who are actually quite innocent

#14 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@YMCMB said:

Black Glove and Court of Owls both share similarities to the Illuminati and they're probably both based on the illuminati in some ways (which would explain the complaints that the two are too similar) the Black Glove is basically the same idea but doesn't have the same secret organization feel to it if you ask me. The Court of Owls is a smaller scale version of the Illuminati, only based in Gotham but has been secretly controlling the city for hundreds of years behind the scenes.

Actually as of Batman 10 and 11 you find out they span the globe and had assassins before the birth of America

#15 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Bruce said the Court was bigger than he thought but I dont see where it says that they span the globe?

#16 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Since when did they have a fetish for owls? I dont even believe this conspiracy theory.Just saying that the Black Glove was a representation of the Illuminati misconception.

#17 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6637 posts) - - Show Bio

it is kinda same

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.