Follow

Court of Owls

Team » Court of Owls appears in 270 issues.

A secret society of Gotham's wealthiest and most influential people, controlling the city since its founding and burying its existence in fairy tales and urban legends.

Court of Owls: What's Their Motive?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The Court of Owls has always lurked in the shadows and existed as nothing more than a scary myth for many residents of Gotham, but now they're conducting a massive offensive against all of the big players in Gotham City and I have one question: why? 

Perhaps I'm forgetting a line, but I don't recall any specific reason behind this huge assault on the city.  Batman escaped their custody so their cover is partially blown, but how does that warrant a response of "kill every big name in Gotham?"  Are they planning on replacing these top official positions with individuals loyal to their organization, or do they just think Batman will spill the beans about them and they want to eliminate anyone he could inform?  Do they want to reveal they exist and are indeed the most dangerous force in the city?  Or, do they just think it's time Gotham needs a new 52 reboot regarding officials and the power players in the massive city? 

Regardless of this minor question, I'm absolutely loving "Court of Owls" so far and think quite a few "big events" should take notes on how it's being handled. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

.....anyone?

Pauldro952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3  Edited By Pauldro952

I think they will just take over Gotham. They will have all the power and wealth in Gotham. If they kill everybody on the list, there will be a power vacuum in the Government, so the Court's members or people with the court's influence will assume these positions. Maybe they just want to take over and burn Gotham to the ground.

Or they will somehow take advantage of it by having Lincoln as a White Knight.

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Solarflare32

Lincolns dead i suspect with batmans escape and bruce waynes plans for reconstruction they fear they will be exposed and thus wish to assume power by force.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.