Follow

Cosplay

Concept » Cosplay appears in 67 issues.

Better known as "Cosplay", Costumed Roleplaying is a custom of dressing like fictional characters.

Suggestions? Color Contents For Shadow Cosplay

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sammo21

So my Shadow cosplay is about 98% finished. All I need to do is get new shoulder holsters (I have one but I don't care for the design), get a different pair of dress shoes, and finally decide on what to do for my eye color. In terms of inspiration I will say that's its pretty hard to use any of the current Dynamite Comics stuff as a source. The "easiest" place to look for inspiration is the Alec Baldwin film which had some really stupid parts in it but is still really fun and enjoyable.

When Lamont Cranston is running around as The Shadow and is using his psychic abilities his eyes becoming reflective:

Close up shot of Alec Baldwin as The Shadow
    Close up shot of Alec Baldwin as The Shadow

Another example:

Movie still from The Shadow
    Movie still from The Shadow

Reflective contacts are relatively expensive and I can't think of another cosplay I'll be doing that would call for them so I feel like I am steering away from that option, at least right now. The logo/poster for The Shadow film shows The Shadow with green eyes. Lamont Cranston, in the film, has blue eyes so I'm not really sure about the thinking behind the logo.

Marketing used for The Shadow film including posters
    Marketing used for The Shadow film including posters
    Still of Alec Baldwin as Lamont Cranston in The Shadow
    Still of Alec Baldwin as Lamont Cranston in The Shadow

The eye color isn't the biggest deal breaker of course, but I just thought I would get some suggestions and thoughts from fellow members of Comic Vine. Thanks ahead of time. Here is a photo of the cosplay as it currently stands:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.