Long Beach Comic Con 2011 Cosplay Gallery

• 76 results
Posted by G-Man (18922 posts) - - Show Bio

This year Long Beach Comic Con was only two days. In the past, it would begin Friday afternoon. With two days to do everything, the time flew by. There were a lot of zombies walking around as there was a zombie walk set for the evening. In between talking to creators and doing some filming, there were cosplay pics to be taken.

Being Halloween weekend, you'd think there'd be plenty of people dressed up, right? You'll soon find out. There was a mixture of very well made cosplay pics along with some people dressed in what appeared to be store bought Halloween costumes. I did my best to avoid those.

Click to enlarge.

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Krypto! Well, now you defiantly blew his secret identity of being a real dog cosplaying as Krypto with you posting this.

#2 Posted by G-Man (18922 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520: The humans with him actually accidentally revealed his secret identity name. That I will not share out of respect for his privacy.

#3 Edited by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: At least you have some ethics. Maybe we can make you the next Lois Lane or Vicki Vale yet.

#4 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3404 posts) - - Show Bio

The Jubilee girl looks cute, and I don't even like Jubilee. That Baroness was looking nice. Little disappointed no new Wonder Woman costume. I remember seeing a costume picture from an online store of the pants costume. How sad is it that a costume shop made a better version than the ill-fated TV series?

Wonder Twins were adorable. Thought with their ears and that hair they made me think of Hobbit Wonder Twins. I don't been that in a negative way. It adds to the cuteness.

I wonder if Iron Man 2 the movie knew what it would start with those Iron Man Dancers from the start of the film?

Dog playing Krypto, FTW. Bonus points for looking the role. Thanks for the pictures!!

#5 Posted by Halle Romanova (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Krypto is by far the best.

#6 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Only 2 or 3 decent ones this time around.

#7 Posted by Txman210 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

The Jubilee, Two-Face, and Ghostbusters ones are awesome.

#8 Edited by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, the girl dressed as Black Widow not only is quite attractive, but she pulls off the skin-tight suit very well without looking like a stripper.

#9 Edited by Grim (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: everyone thought those Wonder Twin kids were epic. And im glad you got that WW. she had big... her... she was hot.

Lol and that Riddler/Peter Pan/Scarecrow trio is a group people i know from the LB City College theater department. Lol i never saw them at the show.

#10 Posted by Hot_Karl (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the Long Beach Comic Con. I went the first year they started the entire shindig (back in 09) and had a great time.

Anyone who went this year, how did it go? Anything that was worth checking out?

#11 Posted by Utandi (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Krypto for the win! :D

#12 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

There's gonna be a lot of Catwoman cosplays around.

Krypto!!! <3

#13 Posted by AmoralBatman (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Are you referring to Black Canary?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2064382-dsc_0524_icon.jpg

#14 Posted by spider-man 2996 (659 posts) - - Show Bio

Krypto!!!

#15 Edited by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably the only one but I loved seeing The Creeper among the Cosplay pictures. The Jubilee is spot on, as are the dudes as Flash and Jack Skellington. Wonder Twins' powers...defecate! *joke* Too cute for words. Krypto rocks. Shoot..forgot to mention the Dalek. That is dedication.

#16 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

One day I hope to see a Sentry. If I ever went to a comic con.....

#17 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@AmoralBatman said:

@RainEffect: Are you referring to Black Canary?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2064382-dsc_0524_icon.jpg

Nah mate. In the first batch, 2nd row, 2nd from the left. She's standing next to Spiderman and dressed as the Black Widow. 

Unless that was a joke I missed, hah!
#18 Posted by Mbecks14 (2029 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Props to:

Little Dark Phoenix and Little Deadpool. Captain Marvel. Superman. Creeper. Catwoman/Batman. Little Zan/Jayna. Thor. Two Face. Batwoman. Zatanna. Flash and Aquaman. Penguin. Comedienne and Rorschach-girl. Robin. Krypto. and Black Canary.

Great work!

#19 Posted by Jake Fury (19265 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people torture animals by putting them in costumes?

#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Now those look pretty decent!

#21 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

The 1% Boba Fett was a pretty sweet idea. Also I think the Snowtrooper is in the wrong spot, he should have been up here in the north east. Also a good job on the Number 21.

#22 Posted by ArkhamInmate (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Jack Skellington in the end...I liked the Riddler too...

And that EPIC Krypto-cosplay dog deserves a movie ;)

#23 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

The krypto was awesome And thanks to Catwoman #1 I can't help but wonder if there were some Catwoman & Batman costumed hook-ups in some of the bathrooms haha

#24 Posted by sinful (149 posts) - - Show Bio

So anyone here besides me just clicked on the photos that only had Females in it? :P

#25 Posted by moviegeek17 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio

krypto was adorable and the ash cosplay was awesome! he actually looked bit like bruce campbell in a weird way

#26 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Krypto ever!

#27 Posted by Larkin1388 (1733 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Whiplash girl.

#28 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

Best Krypto ever!

QFT

#29 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Halle Romanova said:

Krypto is by far the best.

Agree!!!

#30 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

FUN! The puppy did it right though.

#31 Posted by Saren (25133 posts) - - Show Bio

Every time someone dons the Halle Berry Catwoman outfit, a little part of me dies.

#32 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Every time someone dons the Halle Berry Catwoman outfit, a little part of me dies.

Agreed.

#33 Edited by inferiorego (28313 posts) - - Show Bio

heeeeeeeyyyyy

That Guy Gardner stood behind me in line for like 3 hours at SDCC 2011

Proof:

Also THUMBS DOWN to sexy Freddy Kruger.

Staff
#34 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Twin powers! Activate!!! :)

#35 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god, that second Spider-Man costume is so realistic it's ridiculous. Did he like...inherit that from Tobey Maguire? WHERE DO YOU GET THAT. The Clone trooper costume looks freakin official too! Was he, like, an extra in Attack of the Clones?

#36 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

I really, really liked Zatanna!

#37 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

Kid Deadpool and Kid Phoenix FTW!!!!

#38 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

like more than half are decent

#39 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool pics!

#40 Posted by ravisher (695 posts) - - Show Bio

gross

#41 Posted by umbrafeline (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

them ghostbusters look familiar. too bad i cant enlarge the photos :-(

but how come all the big cons get noticed and the smaller ones are left in the dust? its a conspiracy

#42 Posted by BirdsOfPlay (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the pics! The Black Canary and Poison Ivy on the bottom row are Diamond Dove and Phoenix of the Birds Of 'Play. We've got more pictures on our fb page: http://www.facebook.com/birdsofplay

#43 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

and the biggest boobs award goes to, hands down....

spangler! lmao or babcock rather :P

#44 Posted by Daggerman (12 posts) - - Show Bio

So what's harder to walk around in? a costume or making your skin green and wearing a shirt over? Discuss!

#45 Posted by GraveSp (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe that someone dressed as The Creeper. Thats awesome.

#46 Edited by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio

Even in an ironic fashion I think that Catwoman costume sucks and I find it disheartening someone actually wore it. All that does is make me think that she doesn't really read comics lol.

Seeing the Avengers movie inspired Cap costume above reminds me I need to get an updated Cap costume for the Avengers movie...

#47 Posted by kartron (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosplay photos that I really liked in the above list: 
1) Thor+Catwoman 
2) Catwoman solo 
3) Wonder woman solo 
4) catwoman + batman 
5) Batwoman 
6) Zatanna solo
7) Electra solo

#48 Posted by Lifestrike (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Once again, this confirms my single, overriding cosplay principle:

All Ghostbusters cosplayers look like REAL Ghostbusters.

No matter what you do, if you dress up as a Ghostbuster, you'll look like a Ghostbuster. End of story.

#49 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio

who is the guy with the chain saw?

#50 Posted by Lady_Deathgasm (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Kid Phoenix is downright gorgeous... uncomfortably so >.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.