Follow

Condiment King

Character » Condiment King appears in 59 issues.

Condiment King is a comedic bat villain who uses various condiments to commit crimes.

How would you make Condiment King cool?

Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hush20

Disclaimer: This is part 3 of a series of topics I am going to post (One for each day this week) about how to make "lame" Batman villains cool. I seriously need some feedback from you for a Batman project I'm working on. All ideas have to be totally original. No comic book rip offs.

Holy crap, I'm late with this post! I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting, but Comicvine was down since Wednesday. But don't worry, I'm making up for lost time! Today I will have three posts out, including this one, Zebra Man, and Dr. Double X. Tomorrow's will be: Tweedledee and Tweedledum (yes both at once, because having them separate would just be lazy).

As for why Condiment King is lame, do I even need to say it? The name, costume, and modus operandi command no fear or respect. With that (obvious) fact said, let the ideas cometh!

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Horseradish. It has to burn worse than mustard or ketchup.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Golden Cod

Wasn't he intended to be a joke character from the start?   I think the only way to make use of the character is to play up the Joker-induced psychosis to the point that he's a man living in his own world, unaware of how un-threatening he is.

Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hush20
    @Golden Cod:

That would be an interesting twist. But I do think he should be able to cause some problems for Batman, not just as an annoyance, but as someone with dangerous psychological issues. I also think Joker should be involved somehow.
    Murasame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Murasame

Condiment King... The natural concept would be food-related crimes, poison the citizens of gotham and the food supply at large. He could be a former chemist turned organic food activist gone mad. He can make good use of various artificial toxins and chemicals in battle.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Golden Cod

If you broke from his animated origin of a comedian brainwashed by the Joker, you could definitely do more with him.   A former chemist like Murasame said would make more sense and you could tie it into Joker's supposed chemist origin at Ace Chemicals.   Someone that slighted Joker pre-transformation?   A chemist friend who wanted to help the Joker but Joker decided instead to "help" him?

Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hush20
    @Murasame:

That's a pretty awesome idea. It tweaks the entire character, but not so much so that he loses his basic concept. Also, the mass panic and chaos that he could cause would cement his place as a legitimate threat to Gotham.
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Martian
    @Golden Cod said:
    " Wasn't he intended to be a joke character from the start?   I think the only way to make use of the character is to play up the Joker-induced psychosis to the point that he's a man living in his own world, unaware of how un-threatening he is. "
    @Murasame said:
    " Condiment King... The natural concept would be food-related crimes, poison the citizens of gotham and the food supply at large. He could be a former chemist turned organic food activist gone mad. He can make good use of various artificial toxins and chemicals in battle. "
    I agree with these ^
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Eyz

Condiment King's already a pretty cool character. Think about it. NO. I said THINK about it XD

If you need to GRITTY-him up, then the problem's on your side :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.