Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4755 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

What are some good Conan trades?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I been a fan of Conan for a long time, I have collected almost all of the Savage Sword Of Conan trades and now I am looking too read more of his newer stuff.. What are some good trades that you guys suggest me getting? Or just some Conan stories in general..?

Thanks,

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

Dark Horse's first couple Conan trades are excellent.

Vol. 0 Conan: Born on the Battlefield

Vol. 1 Conan: The Frost Giant's Daughter and Other Tales

(not in wiki but here's a link to my review of an issue that's in the trade)

I've reviewed a number of the issues in the series here on CV.

The series continues to be good for a while after that too - but those two ought to get you started.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@etragedy:

Yeah I was looking at those on ebay, thinking about getting The Frost Giants Daughter, Tower of the Elephant, and God in the Bowl.

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

@etragedy:

Yeah I was looking at those on ebay, thinking about getting The Frost Giants Daughter, Tower of the Elephant, and God in the Bowl.

All good. I recommend getting Born on the Battlefield too if you can find it. The issues weren't originally in this order (BotB was a flashback, but best read first). These trades if read in order form a chronological 'history' of Conan's life. Kurt Busiek and Greg Rucka really took pains to create a linear Conan progression that was as faithful an adaptation of Howard's version of Conan as possible in Comic form.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.