Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4757 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

Conan the Movie

Warman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Warman

A new movie of Conan is coming up very soon with Jason Momoa as Conan. Jason is a good actor if you ask me but he is to skinny to play Conan. Who would make a better Conan? I myself think Nathan Jones.  

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Momoa has actually beefed up considerably for the role; I've seen some of the production pics and I think he will make a tolerable Conan. In the original stories, Conan WAS described as large and powerful, but he was just as often described as being quick, agile, and "pantherish." The image of Conan as some muscle-bound mutant cow-man really didn't start until Governator Arnold got the part. 

My biggest issue with the film is the screenplay. The synopsis reads like the unholy offspring of Kull the Conqueror and The Scorpion King. Why we can't get a Conan movie based on the original stories (or at least some of the better comics) continually mystifies me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.