gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    This the final part of the three issue story. Will Conan be changed after the events here?

The Good

Right away the color and art just knocks you back. The first page alone makes you feel like you're truly reading a classic Conan story. It looks and feels old but not in an old stuffy way.

Last issue I complained that there wasn't as much violence as I would have expected. We do get more. Blood flowing, heads getting cleaved by swords, limbs flying, it's all here.

The Bad

As the final part in a three-issue arc, obviously this isn't a good jumping on point. We do get a solid ending to the arc but it almost felt like it was an abrupt ending. The action picks up again and then the issue is left with three panels to give it all closure.

The Verdict - 4/5

Conan is a badass, no doubt. This series shows that Conan can still be a great and fun read among today's other comics. With a Conan comic, you expect certain things. It's great to be able to get them. This issue also shows that the outcome may not be as predictable as you might think. Conan is defeated. What will happen before the story ends?
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FoxxFireArt

You ever get the feeling that they are just making Conan stories up just so they can add new subtitles to it? Next it will be the Conan the Librarian, or maybe Conan the Episcopalian.

I don't think this series would make my list, but that's me. I'm more geared toward mystery, suspense, and action. Something that gets the gray matter working. Conan is more about getting the blood and testosterone flowing.
    This comic does look to have what one should suspect in a Conan book. So, what more can a person ask for.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.