What's your local "Comic Book Guy" like?

• 75 results
#51 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"My comic book guy is actually a couple of cute punk rock girls. They don't really know much about comics.
"
Cute punk rock chicks and comics books = Heaven

My local comic book guy is short and has curly hair..He's a pretty cool dude, always hooks me up with things that I might be interested in
#52 Edited by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

He is basically the Comic book guy from the Simpson's Long hair beard, He has a little Shit zu that could be laying anywhere in the store...so you have to avoid stepping on him. It's a pretty big store so there are 5 or 6 guys. What I hate though is that I know more about the comics coming out than they do......ComicVine has made me too smart. But the owner is this guy:

"Hello, Nick...X-force is a good one. There is a new X title that you might like...oh don't forget you wanted to get War of Kings.

#53 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

two people work in the store
old wrinkle -owner
young and try to dress himself like batman (don't ask)
and his girlfriend- I am not going to mention on what she trying to dress as.

#54 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine are idiots who know hardly anything about the comics. Their people skills are... well lets just say lacking. I know of parents who avoid those shops like the plague because of how horrible and ...strange they are. Glad one of them closed down, maybe the other will get the picture.

#55 Posted by Jet jaguar (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

Dis guy!     sorta creepy lookin up close, specialy with that fake smile. lol

#56 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Slinger said:
"My comic book guy is actually a couple of cute punk rock girls. They don't really know much about comics.
"
I hate you.
"
I seconded it.
#57 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

my's a fire fighter he's super cool

#58 Posted by inferiorego (21111 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"He's cynical, extremely good looking, tattoos, and hilarious...I'm my local comic book guy... but only on Sundays"
He also looks like this:

Man I'm... I mean, he's attractive.

Staff
#59 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I moved so now i have a new one. He's dangerously tall and quite attractive and tried to get me not to buy X-Men: Pixie Strikes Back. Deal Breaker.

Btw, the shop doubles as a place to play Dungeons and Dragons as well as other types of those games.

#60 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: I like your avatar!
#61 Posted by lozer (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I think mine's secretly jesus come back

#62 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Spaced, but cool.
#63 Posted by Ladyspider (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Fat tall cool Black guy named Rob,with a goatee.
#64 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized that the owner of the local comic store looks exactly like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. Except that he wears a backwards cap.

#65 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

My goes by the name of 'Surfer Dave' Cool dude.

#66 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

mine is a dick who hates the general public and regulars alike 
he is generally unfriendly and completely incompetent 

#67 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1: But other than that he's an ok chap?
#68 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay: nope 
he is quite possibly the worst comic book guy possible
#69 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

My comic book guy is tall, has sideburns, kinda bulky, good looking and assertive. he kinda looks like this

There one whose a female she's super nice,helpful,porky, red headed, college student, is about 5'7.

I know a friend who works there personal,he is really tall, he's 6'8 about, is friends with infamous band members like crystal castles ,weighs about 270 (even more i think)

They are all helpful =p

#70 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

My comic book guy is a gay little, middle eastern men, with short black hair and sparkly aring eyes, who used to do some tv and is fun AND funny as hell. He's very cool.

#71 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Some annoying, rude, douchey guys :P

but a woman also works there and she's pretty nice :)

#72 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

in my area, usually they are polite, but i really dont talk to them. usually, i think each comic book person is very seclusive

#73 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Mines friends with Dave Gibbons. So every week when I pick up my comics Dave Gibbons is sometimes there buying his comics too.

#74 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really have one. I buy from a store that has long since turned into a music and offbeat store. Like designer toys and such.

#75 Posted by The_Tree (7063 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine is actually a woman, who's really cool and really nice, who usually likes to talk to me about The Walking Dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.