Poll: How does everyone store their comics?

#1 Posted by Punchinello (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Sleeves & boards? Ring binders? Clamshell cases? Nothing?

I store my comics in convention clamshell cases, and plastic sleeves + acid free boards in plastic boxes in a cupboard that's just for them.

I'm looking into storing all of my comics in convention/clamshell/etc cases, and interested to hear what others do for storage =)

#2 Posted by Owen_Porter (83268 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahahaha

#3 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

bob99 says:

"UP MY ASS THAT WORKS HALF THE TIME"

you did that to yourself lmao

#4 Posted by g wiz (35 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly, i think protecting comics is an obsession that i want to stay far away from. i will protect my old ones though

#5 Posted by Terry Handson (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

i laminate mine

i stopped by supergirl because a certain sister of mine stole them

#6 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Piles on the floor...

#7 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I throw mine on the floor. I have a carpet of thousands of books, seriously, even collectible ones get destroyed.

#8 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

good ones in plastic sleeves in a paper box. Really good ones in hard plastic. Not so goods ones in the bathroom lol

#9 Posted by Punchinello (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretty much go by exactly what you do, Hawk =)

Good ones in plastic mylar/pro sleeves; the collectible/awesome ones in the Mill Case cases, and the every day/reader's/shite ones in.. nothing, actually!

#10 Posted by conan2099 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

In Bags, on boards in boxes.

#11 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

in a box in a cold damp garage

#12 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

We put them in a deep bunker in the cellar.

#13 Posted by mrsummers (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep mine Bagged/Boarded in a shortbox.

#14 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

Throw them in the closet..

#15 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

bagged boarded in boxes and the kicker find a nice damp corner in the garage.. i like to live dangerously

#16 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

6 long boxes of bagged and boarded comics in my study closet.

#17 Posted by SuperGamera (565 posts) - - Show Bio

in a plastic box under my bed

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

On my pc.

#19 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"On my pc."
Ha....

Mine are bagged and boarded in my dresser drawers.
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"On my pc."
Ha....

Mine are bagged and boarded in my dresser drawers.
"
Well the majority of my comics are digital..but I do purchase alot.The bagged and boarded comics are in boxes and the rare ones are on the wall.
#21 Posted by DeCobray (81 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"On my pc."
*Gasp*

I'm a comic freak, everything must be protected in sleeves (Especially, my Ms. Marvel & Black Panther)
#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio

I throw them all over the floor (the Marvel ones anyway) the Vertigo ones are kept in a special place...away from the prying eyes of thieves gets shifty-eyed and runs to check on his precious children

#23 Posted by Darkchild (40547 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"I throw them all over the floor (the Marvel ones anyway) the Vertigo ones are kept in a special place...away from the prying eyes of thieves gets shifty-eyed and runs to check on his precious children"
 smacks the sh!t out of Aztek

Read ur pms idiot
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
DeCobray said:
"Vance Astro said:
"On my pc."
*Gasp*

I'm a comic freak, everything must be protected in sleeves (Especially, my Ms. Marvel & Black Panther)"

Vance Astro said:
Well the majority of my comics are digital..but I do purchase alot.The bagged and boarded comics are in boxes and the rare ones are on the wall."

#25 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"aztek the lost said:
"I throw them all over the floor (the Marvel ones anyway) the Vertigo ones are kept in a special place...away from the prying eyes of thieves gets shifty-eyed and runs to check on his precious children"
 smacks the sh!t out of Aztek

Read ur pms idiot"
I responded...and posted in your thread :D
#26 Posted by EvilAuthor (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really do anything special. I keep my comics in the plastic sleeves they come in and store them in order in a wooden box under my bed.
I actually read my comics so I don't want them to be too hard to get to when I want them.

#27 Posted by The Jeff (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I board and bag mine, keep them in standard long boxes in my bedroom. I have 7 boxes and hope to have over 10 by the end of the year.

#28 Posted by Fresh Prince (4939 posts) - - Show Bio
I stuff them up in a big box
#29 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
conan2099 said:
"In Bags, on boards in boxes."
ME TOO

#30 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Bag-Board-Box is a good way to go.  Modern paper certainly preserves better than the old newsprint.

They are book, and they are honest works of art, so I try to preserve them as such.

#31 Posted by Kid Deadpool (39 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"I throw mine on the floor. I have a carpet of thousands of books, seriously, even collectible ones get destroyed."
Well, there's a waste of $$$.

I do the bag-board-box thing.
#32 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" in a box in a cold damp garage "
LOL that made me seriously laugh out loud, and scared my girlfriend.
#33 Posted by Count_ZeroOR (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Bagged, boarded, and in short-boxes in the closet - though I should probably find a better storage place for my comics... and I probably should sort them again (or maybe move to long-boxes).

#34 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Where does everybody get short boxes, long boxes, bags, and boards? Is there like comic supply stores or something?

#35 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

in boards sleeves and boxes in my closets
#36 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

a few are in sleeves, if they came that way, they are stack up in a milk crate.

#37 Posted by -Eclipse- (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

I have these big folder/ring binder thingies. Two big blue ones, and three slightly smaller ones, red, green and black. I used to fit all my comics in there, but now I've got too many, lol 

Now I keep some of the older ones I don't read much stuffed into a big box under my bed... xP 

My folders, however, are colour-coded. Big blue ones are old Spider-man, red one is recent Spider-man. Green one is Pet Avengers (formerly Hulk and Immortal Iron Fist) and Black is Batman AND Batman and Robin, lol

#38 Posted by _Cain_ (23371 posts) - - Show Bio

Bagged and Boarded, Arranged inside a custom made box that is Filled with Moisture absorption packets, At room temperature.

#39 Posted by Queso6p4 (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

Bagged and boarded but I may have to grab some silica packets just to be safe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.