Follow

Comic Book Care

Concept » Comic Book Care appears in 52 issues.

Advice from other collectors on how to care for and store your books.

Alternate methods for storing/preserving comics?

BraveKnight99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I live in Dubai which has no 'local comic book store' (or any comic book dedicated store actually), so I can't get my comics bagged or boarded or buy comic book boxes. I also can not, due to circumstances, purchase any of the previously mentioned online. So, are there any methods to effectively store/preserve comic books with household items or materials? Are there items and materials that can be bought at other stores that can be used?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Veshark

I live in Dubai which has no 'local comic book store' (or any comic book dedicated store actually), so I can't get my comics bagged or boarded or buy comic book boxes. I also can not, due to circumstances, purchase any of the previously mentioned online. So, are there any methods to effectively store/preserve comic books with household items or materials? Are there items and materials that can be bought at other stores that can be used?

You can improvise with plastic sleeves (like those used in folders to store papers) and cardboard backing - though for long-term use, you should ensure that these are acid-free. Keep them in cool environments, away from sunlight too.

BraveKnight99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BraveKnight99

@veshark: That is a brilliant idea! Thank you so much for your help! I will get on that immediately.

Anyone else got brilliant ideas? The more the merrier!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veshark: That is a brilliant idea! Thank you so much for your help! I will get on that immediately.

Anyone else got brilliant ideas? The more the merrier!

Yeah, I come from a country where comic-book stores are rare, so I've learned to improvise ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.