A Good Way To Store Comics?

#1 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

I have limited space and my girlfriend always complains about the stack of comics and graphic novels I have on the dresser, anybody have recommendations on a good way to store my comics safely so they don't get damaged? All the single issues are already boarded and bagged.

#2 Posted by Erik (32286 posts) - - Show Bio

Sell them and go digital. 

#3 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I use comic boxes - easy storage and you can keep everything in order.

#4 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

i use shoe boxes

#5 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" Sell them and go digital.  "
You're joking, right?
#6 Posted by Erik (32286 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird said:
" @erik said:
" Sell them and go digital.  "
You're joking, right? "
No. 
#7 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord, I have the same problem. Mine are currently sitting flat on top of my computer hard drive (which I don't think is too healthy for the computer and eventually I'm going to run out of room).
I take it you want to keep them in mint condition? Because if not, having them bound is a really good idea. Saves space because they fit on a bookshelf and it's the convenience of having them all in once place for you to read.
Otherwise, I'd go for boxes.

#8 Posted by GothamBat (644 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm running out of room too. Though that's expected when you have 1,400 comic books like me. I have too long boxes and a ton of other smaller boxes full that i keep under my bed. plus i have a shelf that has a bunch on there. I haven't got around to putting them in boxes yet.
#9 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

i use shoe boxes and definitely use comic covers soft covers

#10 Posted by Erik (32286 posts) - - Show Bio

I have trades and singles in boxes. Soon the digital comics will replace even those. 

#11 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7681 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird:  I will trade you 2 used comic box's for your woman, what say you?
#12 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I use filing cabinets with a system that seperates by publisher and alphabetical and my CGC books are displayed on shelves

#13 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay said:
" @G Bird:  I will trade you 2 used comic box's for your woman, what say you? "
Well... are the boxes filled? LOL!
#14 Posted by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio

I have plastic bins-two stacks of drawers for my singles, and one large bin for trades. I keep different series' together, except for my one-shots and dropped titles, which are in one drawer.

#15 Posted by xXLukeCageXx (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I put all my comic's in plastic's and then put them in shoe boxes.

#16 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Stackable boxes work well, and don't take up too much space.  I recently built a shelf system in one room of my house that can hold 6 of the 50 book boxes neatly together.

Ultimately, how you store them is going to be determined by how easily you want to have access to them.  If you don't mind them being a little harder to get to, you've got a lot more options.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.