Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7581 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Will Colossus ever change back to his human form?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

When Colossus became the new Juggernaut, lately we haven't seen him in his human form for awhile now, so does that mean that because he is the new Juggernaut, he no longer can transform into his human form or does he transform into his human form off screen?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

bump.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CATPANEXE

He shouldn't have his transformation capacity limited by this. I believe it's an artistic choice to solidify to the readers, and the ones coming on board his new status, as well possibly a poetic attempt to show the change in his personality, whereas he has become extremely cold and withdrawn into a shell from those around him. Removed from his place in humanity as it were.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@CATPANEXE said:

He shouldn't have his transformation capacity limited by this. I believe it's an artistic choice to solidify to the readers, and the ones coming on board his new status, as well possibly a poetic attempt to show the change in his personality, whereas he has become extremely cold and withdrawn into a shell from those around him. Removed from his place in humanity as it were.

That's a good point!

awesomex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By awesomex

I sure Colossus can transform back into human form. But he can't control the Juggernaut power in human form yet.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Kallarkz

@awesomex said:

I sure Colossus can transform back into human form. But he can't control the Juggernaut power in human form yet.

he can only access the Juggernaut power when he wills it. I'm doubting he has any Juggernaut abilities while in human form. And if so very little.

awesomex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By awesomex

I don't think that Colossus need to wills himself to the Juggernaut. I think that he concently fighting not to became the Juggernaut.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kallarkz

Ummmmm we have been seeing him having to do it in the actual comic books.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Superskrull86

Yes.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@awesomex said:

I don't think that Colossus need to wills himself to the Juggernaut. I think that he concently fighting not to became the Juggernaut.

I wonder if Colossus is strong enough to fight the effects of the Juggernaut?

awesomex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By awesomex
    No Caption Provided

@Rabbitearsblog: In the preview ( Things to come Uncanny X-Men 2012 ) look like Colossus won't strong enough to control the Juggernaut power and the nature of the Juggernaut take over.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@awesomex said:

No Caption Provided

@Rabbitearsblog: In the preview ( Things to come Uncanny X-Men 2012 ) look like Colossus won't strong enough to control the Juggernaut power and the nature of the Juggernaut take over.

What? Piotr only draws upon the powers of Juggernaut when he deems it necessary, whereas Cain was always the Juggernaut because he embraced destruction. Is Piotr being bold a reference to buddhist monks and their apathy towards desire?

No Caption Provided
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@awesomex said:

No Caption Provided

Uh oh, that's not good. I hope they don't kill him off after that...

Inpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Inpa
    @yumyumbubblegum said:

@awesomex said:

No Caption Provided

What? Piotr only draws upon the powers of Juggernaut when he deems it necessary, whereas Cain was always the Juggernaut because he embraced destruction. Is Piotr being bold a reference to buddhist monks and their apathy towards desire?

No Caption Provided
    Colossus Lossus P is great! He's been climbing his way higher and higher up the "coolest x-men" list for years He's up there, man.
    Inpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Inpa

they better not kill him.

Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

hopefully not!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Inpa said:

they better not kill him.

I hope not either. There's so much potential with his character right now and it would be a big shame if they let it go to waste by killing him.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By butterflykyss

How did he get Juggs power? I know it was from fear itself but how?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Gambit1024

@butterflykyss: Since Cain got that fancy hammer from the Serpent, he started to charge towards Utopia. To weaken him, Colossus, Kitty, and Magik went to Cytorak himself and told him that Cain has a new master he answers to. Cytorak got jealous, so he stripped Cain of the Juggernaut power and wanted to give it to someone new. Magik really only went because she was the one that wanted it, but Colossus was just like "Nyet. I vill not let this heppen to mai little snowflake", and boom, now he's the Juggernaut.

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Steps

@Gambit1024 said:

@butterflykyss: Since Cain got that fancy hammer from the Serpent, he started to charge towards Utopia. To weaken him, Colossus, Kitty, and Magik went to Cytorak himself and told him that Cain has a new master he answers to. Cytorak got jealous, so he stripped Cain of the Juggernaut power and wanted to give it to someone new. Magik really only went because she was the one that wanted it, but Colossus was just like "Nyet. I vill not let this heppen to mai little snowflake", and boom, now he's the Juggernaut.

But Damn could you have imagined Magik with the Juggs helmet

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Gambit1024

@Steps: What a mismatch. Personally, I think the helmet looks stupid in general. Having that huge thing on such a tiny body would look even worse.

...But in retrospect, if Magik were to use Juggernaut powers, wouldn't her body get bigger? It happens to Colossus and he's already huge to begin with.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By butterflykyss

@Gambit1024 said:

Thanks a lot.. didn't know Magik wanted the power for herself. did she resent him for taking the power and has this been expressed to him...

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Steps

@Gambit1024 said:

@Steps: What a mismatch. Personally, I think the helmet looks stupid in general. Having that huge thing on such a tiny body would look even worse.

...But in retrospect, if Magik were to use Juggernaut powers, wouldn't her body get bigger? It happens to Colossus and he's already huge to begin with.

I don't know does Cain Marko get any smaller when he's not the Juggernaut?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @butterflykyss said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Thanks a lot.. didn't know Magik wanted the power for herself. did she resent him for taking the power and has this been expressed to him...

I'm not sure how Magik feels about this, but I don't think she resented him or anything.
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: @Steps: @butterflykyss:

I've been doing some thinking as to why Colossus is always in his armored form. I first thought that perhaps it made him more resistant to the things that Cain was weak against: magic and telepaths. However, I want to say it has to do with him having control over the impulses Cyttorak can project. Sinister gaining control of his mind seemed to debunk that idea.

When Kitty was still floating in space Colossus visited Kurt in his chapel. He explained that things just seemed to hurt less while he was in his steel form. Perhaps being in this form buffers him from the brunt of these impulses?

Or he might just look cooler bald in his armored form as opposed to goofy in the flesh.

Thoughts?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: @Steps: @butterflykyss:

I've been doing some thinking as to why Colossus is always in his armored form. I first thought that perhaps it made him more resistant to the things that Cain was weak against: magic and telepaths. However, I want to say it has to do with him having control over the impulses Cyttorak can project. Sinister gaining control of his mind seemed to debunk that idea.

When Kitty was still floating in space Colossus visited Kurt in his chapel. He explained that things just seemed to hurt less while he was in his steel form. Perhaps being in this form buffers him from the brunt of these impulses?

Or he might just look cooler bald in his armored form as opposed to goofy in the flesh.

Thoughts?

That's an interesting thought. I remembered when Colossus told Kurt about how he doesn't really feel anything when he's in his armored form, so maybe this was a way for Colossus to prevent the Cyttorak's influence from overpowering him.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kallarkz

I guess we got our answer to this in the latest Uncanny X-men.

Colossus says he wont transform back because he would be taken over by Cyttorak in his human form. That a mere man cannot overcome the power of Cyttorak but in his Steel form he is a superhero and he feels stronger to fight off his influence.

This just screamed that they will be taking away Cyttoraks powers far sooner then I thought.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Kallarkz said:

I guess we got our answer to this in the latest Uncanny X-men.

Colossus says he wont transform back because he would be taken over by Cyttorak in his human form. That a mere man cannot overcome the power of Cyttorak but in his Steel form he is a superhero and he feels stronger to fight off his influence.

This just screamed that they will be taking away Cyttoraks powers far sooner then I thought.

Finally! We got a good explanation about why Colossus won't change back into human! Thanks!
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rickbarry

@Kallarkz: What makes you think that they'll take it away sooner than you thought? They've only scratched the surface of how this would affect Piotr and Gillien seems to enjoy giving Colossus a larger role.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kallarkz

@Rickbarry said:

@Kallarkz: What makes you think that they'll take it away sooner than you thought? They've only scratched the surface of how this would affect Piotr and Gillien seems to enjoy giving Colossus a larger role.

They have gotten pretty deep as to how this is affecting him actually they just haven't shown it a lot.

They will be taking these power away soon. Colossus can't transform into a human, he has imprisoned himself because he feels he will lose control and he is slowly getting worse and worse. They are building this up to something that will change his situation radically.

This will not last long.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.