Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

will colossus ever be given his control back

moclab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

though his outfit does look nice in CATXF i feel like they have made him a wind up toy when will marvel stop jerking around BigC

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moclab said:

though his outfit does look nice in CATXF i feel like they have made him a wind up toy when will marvel stop jerking around BigC

From the look of the newest Cable & X-force preview he doesn't seem to need the suit to control his transformation.

moclab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

It's the same thing with Scott, Emma, and Magik. His powers are broken and this how they have made him deal with it. At least he has been given control. At least he isn't projecting his thoughts uncontrollably, completely decimating everything in sight when he opens his eyes and getting exhausted in doing so, or randomly combusting into flames and now has an entire dimension residing in him. As far as I'm concerned, Colossus got off on easy street. I don't see this as Marvel jerking him around. Aside from the Juggernaut amp that lasted barely over a year, he wasn't doing much anyway for awhile anyway. I'm not sure how that constitutes to as jerking him around.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rickbarry

It's the same thing with Scott, Emma, and Magik. His powers are broken and this how they have made him deal with it. At least he has been given control. At least he isn't projecting his thoughts uncontrollably, completely decimating everything in sight when he opens his eyes and getting exhausted in doing so, or randomly combusting into flames and now has an entire dimension residing in him. As far as I'm concerned, Colossus got off on easy street. I don't see this as Marvel jerking him around. Aside from the Juggernaut amp that lasted barely over a year, he wasn't doing much anyway for awhile anyway. I'm not sure how that constitutes to as jerking him around.

I think Illyana got off light personally. She deserved far worse! Although, yeah, I think Colossus is doing well all things considered. Granted being constantly vulnerable when you're supposed to get punched in the face or shot. What has been happening in Uncanny as of late? I haven't picked up an issue since they got teleported to Limbo.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: Spoilers, so read at your own risk.

The team realizes they are not ready for battle. Triage can't do much of anything (the healer) and Benjamin Deeds and his chameleon ability based on proximity of the closest person is useless. Magneto resorted to using nails to attack the Mindless Ones. Emma was fine in her diamond form. Magik was held up the entire arc. Cyclops went HAM and hurt Dormammu but almost passed out. They hold out for a bit, but like I said, can't do much. Magik ends up breaking Dormammu's hold and absorbs the entire dimension inside of her and it was suggested she killed Dormammu. Magik also decided to go back in time and seek out Dr. Strange before he became an Avenger and he gives her help. Aside from that, Fabio leaves the team and gets kidnapped by SHIELD. They pick up a new mutant that can control vehicles based on mental command over vehicles and they save Fabio. Oh, and I guess Mystique took out Dazzler and is now taking on her form to work with SHIELD. So Mystique is being geared up as a big bad in a few books now.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: Spoilers, so read at your own risk.

The team realizes they are not ready for battle. Triage can't do much of anything (the healer) and Benjamin Deeds and his chameleon ability based on proximity of the closest person is useless. Magneto resorted to using nails to attack the Mindless Ones. Emma was fine in her diamond form. Magik was held up the entire arc. Cyclops went HAM and hurt Dormammu but almost passed out. They hold out for a bit, but like I said, can't do much. Magik ends up breaking Dormammu's hold and absorbs the entire dimension inside of her and it was suggested she killed Dormammu. Magik also decided to go back in time and seek out Dr. Strange before he became an Avenger and he gives her help. Aside from that, Fabio leaves the team and gets kidnapped by SHIELD. They pick up a new mutant that can control vehicles based on mental command over vehicles and they save Fabio. Oh, and I guess Mystique took out Dazzler and is now taking on her form to work with SHIELD. So Mystique is being geared up as a big bad in a few books now.

Good lord. I'm digging the arc potential at the end there. Perhaps I'll jump back in!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: I liked the little mini limbo arc just because it kind of showed how broken the team currently is. We have a bunch of new mutants that are getting coached, but at the same time they can clearly see how worse off their instructors are. Their new mutant Hijack is supposedly pretty powerful, too. I'm not sure if Fabio will stay with them anymore ( I don't necessarily care, but he has added some good comic relief to some of the issues).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: Btw, you read the latest CATXF? Colossus the ladies' man.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rickbarry

@rickbarry: Btw, you read the latest CATXF? Colossus the ladies' man.

Yep. I picked it up. Colossus actually challenging a woman in a relationship? Why I haven't seen this in years! It's nice to see that he's not being written as an omnipotent homicidal idiot or obsessive stalker.

gwilburn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gwilburn12

Does he get any action in the latest issue? Like does he get to throwdown? Last time he fought, Thor thumped him quickly.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does he get any action in the latest issue? Like does he get to throwdown? Last time he fought, Thor thumped him quickly.

He fights plenty and gets detonated on top of everything else. Although it's your casual rumble. Nothing fancy.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 god_spawn  Moderator

@gwilburn12 said:

He fights plenty and gets detonated on top of everything else.

In more ways than one >:D.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry said:

@gwilburn12 said:

He fights plenty and gets detonated on top of everything else.

In more ways than one >:D.

-High fives.-

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back on 8/7, Dennis Hopeless answered a question I gave him about Pete's powers, saying "He's regaining some control. Wearing the vest has helped him reel his powers back in. They aren't fully back to normal just yet."

And for some reason I tend to think his powers are connected to his emotions. When he was all lost and emo they were all over the place, when he's calmer and more focused it seems like he's in control, hence him being all steel when Domino was captured, then losing control when the guards showed up... or am I reading too much into the art? (end of issue 7 and start of issue 8)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.