Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Why is his armor segmented?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

616 Colossus' armor has always been drawn with lines all over it, making it appear segmented? Why is he drawn like that, and why does Ultimate Colossus not follow suit?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Maybe it's just to be different.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

so he can move

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Korg

That's the way his character was designed. It's as simple as that, really.    

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I believe I've seen Ultimate Colossus with lines before

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

& if it wasn't he would look somthing like this: 

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

not segmented, creased. hence why his face isnt creased as theres not much movement there.

the funky thing to me was always his hair. his fingernails dont appear when he's changed.
    also it remains black, and doesnt change over with the rest of his body (im thinking to give him a Frankenstein-esque look?). a friend and i had an interesting conversation about him actually growing out his hair and changing his style, to the point of weaponizing it in armored form.
    imagine big heavy metal dreads...with spikes all over them

fedykin87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fedykin87

Think it was just to be different and a smooth colossus does look better to me then a segmented one. Over all though it has nothing to do with his mobility or anything else its just how he is drawn.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Precise
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " not segmented, creased. hence why his face isnt creased as theres not much movement there.  the funky thing to me was always his hair. his fingernails dont appear when he's changed. also it remains black, and doesnt change over with the rest of his body (im thinking to give him a Frankenstein-esque look?). a friend and i had an interesting conversation about him actually growing out his hair and changing his style, to the point of weaponizing it in armored form. imagine big heavy metal dreads...with spikes all over them "
    If you think that's weird you should check out Exiles Mimic. His hair was always blonde even in metal form, yet when he stood in the middle of a fire his hair didn't burn off.... go figure.
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Power NeXus
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "not segmented, creased. hence why his face isnt creased as theres not much movement there.  the funky thing to me was always his hair. his fingernails dont appear when he's changed. also it remains black, and doesnt change over with the rest of his body (im thinking to give him a Frankenstein-esque look?). a friend and i had an interesting conversation about him actually growing out his hair and changing his style, to the point of weaponizing it in armored form. imagine big heavy metal dreads...with spikes all over them "

Yeah, I've thought about that too. If he grew a 'fro, could he bend over and use his head as a battering ram?
    Juggman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Juggman

In 616, his armor is actually segmented, his face isn't though. In Ultimates, his armor is smooth.

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they first made him they probably made him that way to show how he could move around and in 1610 they just decided to go without.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Korg said:
    " That's the way his character was designed. It's as simple as that, really.     "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.