Why Is He Bald ?

• 104 results
#51 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

"It's magic, we don't have to explain it!"

#52 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a better question after yesterdays issue.

Why is he turning into some sort of demon?

I know the "reason"...just not the point.

#54 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: I've no idea. Cain never got this warped. Gillien is on record saying that there's more coming about Colossus in the next couple months. I imagine we'll get some sort of explanation. I actually kind of liked the different appearance...aside from the things coming out of his shoulders.

#55 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

@papad1992: Guy and Gal! Forgive me?!

I wouldn't say he's been lost as a favorite of mine. I tend to gravitate toward more calmer/collected characters in the marvel universe. Colossus, Emma, Scott and Kitty tend to fit that bill perfectly for me. They'll get back together...perhaps?!

It was awfully silly that they split Colossus and Kitty up. He kind of saved the day by making Kuurth pick up his ball and take it home.

Let me sum it up for ya from the beginning of this roller coaster relationship... It's like they were together then Colossus injected himself with the Legacy cure... then Kitty was lonesome, Astonishing X-Men kicked in and she joined and on a mission saw Colossus alive and well!! They got back together... then on another mission Kitty sacrificed herself and saved the world by becoming part of this space bullet pointed towards earth... she was lost and he was lost without her, then she came hurtling back from left field by Magneto (...ehhh) she was alive and he was happy but she was stuck in a permanent phased form! She was placed in a chamber at first then a space suit to sustain her! He was depressed and she couldn't touch him after all this time apart! Then she gained her solid self back again only for Colossus to go and become the newest "Juggernaut" to stop the old one... he became bald and a little cold, while she felt depressed and angry! Then Schism happened and she chose to go to the school while Colossus felt it unsafe for him to be around kids (excuse) and decided to stay on the prison rock, so the split!! And here we are....

And that's how Marvel ruins a relationship!! By constantly inflicting problems and pain into their lives!!!

I agree with all this!! Why can't Marvel just leave these two alone and let them stay together? These two are like one of the most popular couples in the X-Universe, next to Rogue and Gambit (which I am still upset about Marvel breaking these two up). I really hope that Kitty and Colossus get back together soon, I miss them being together...

Preach to me!! Rogue and Gambit, Kitty and Colossus, etc... I know writers want to put their own stamp on their work, but seriously... having a couple (who's meant to be together) constantly be away from each other is hurting us readers!! I mean who takes Rogue and Magneto together seriously?? Or what about that kiss Kitty and Iceman shared?? Stop forcing relationships and let the chips fall where they may be!

Exactly! I really can't stand it whenever they have to force another relationship to happen when it is obvious that the last relationship isn't even over yet! If Kitty is away for Colossus and vice versa, what is wrong with them being single for awhile and figure out what they really want out of a relationship? Forcing them to be with other people isn't going to make things better for the characters.

OMG!!! Ur speaking my language!! I mean take Havok and Polaris for example... that's a couple that has been together since basically they were created! And their relationship is one that I take seriously in the Marvel universe. It has had it's bumps and break-ups but they stay strong and together nonetheless!

Exactly! Why can't the other X-Men relationships be like Havok and Polaris'? I would really like for 3 or 4 couples in the X-Men to stay together no matter what!
#56 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

I wouldn't say he's been lost as a favorite of mine. I tend to gravitate toward more calmer/collected characters in the marvel universe. Colossus, Emma, Scott and Kitty tend to fit that bill perfectly for me. They'll get back together...perhaps?!

It was awfully silly that they split Colossus and Kitty up. He kind of saved the day by making Kuurth pick up his ball and take it home.

Let me sum it up for ya from the beginning of this roller coaster relationship... It's like they were together then Colossus injected himself with the Legacy cure... then Kitty was lonesome, Astonishing X-Men kicked in and she joined and on a mission saw Colossus alive and well!! They got back together... then on another mission Kitty sacrificed herself and saved the world by becoming part of this space bullet pointed towards earth... she was lost and he was lost without her, then she came hurtling back from left field by Magneto (...ehhh) she was alive and he was happy but she was stuck in a permanent phased form! She was placed in a chamber at first then a space suit to sustain her! He was depressed and she couldn't touch him after all this time apart! Then she gained her solid self back again only for Colossus to go and become the newest "Juggernaut" to stop the old one... he became bald and a little cold, while she felt depressed and angry! Then Schism happened and she chose to go to the school while Colossus felt it unsafe for him to be around kids (excuse) and decided to stay on the prison rock, so the split!! And here we are....

And that's how Marvel ruins a relationship!! By constantly inflicting problems and pain into their lives!!!

I agree with all this!! Why can't Marvel just leave these two alone and let them stay together? These two are like one of the most popular couples in the X-Universe, next to Rogue and Gambit (which I am still upset about Marvel breaking these two up). I really hope that Kitty and Colossus get back together soon, I miss them being together...

Preach to me!! Rogue and Gambit, Kitty and Colossus, etc... I know writers want to put their own stamp on their work, but seriously... having a couple (who's meant to be together) constantly be away from each other is hurting us readers!! I mean who takes Rogue and Magneto together seriously?? Or what about that kiss Kitty and Iceman shared?? Stop forcing relationships and let the chips fall where they may be!

Exactly! I really can't stand it whenever they have to force another relationship to happen when it is obvious that the last relationship isn't even over yet! If Kitty is away for Colossus and vice versa, what is wrong with them being single for awhile and figure out what they really want out of a relationship? Forcing them to be with other people isn't going to make things better for the characters.

OMG!!! Ur speaking my language!! I mean take Havok and Polaris for example... that's a couple that has been together since basically they were created! And their relationship is one that I take seriously in the Marvel universe. It has had it's bumps and break-ups but they stay strong and together nonetheless!

Exactly! Why can't the other X-Men relationships be like Havok and Polaris'? I would really like for 3 or 4 couples in the X-Men to stay together no matter what!

True... but where's the fun in that!! If everybody was happy all the time then it would become boring!! Because we as humans like pain and hardship!! But still, we need a happy ending once in awhile!!

#57 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

True... but where's the fun in that!! If everybody was happy all the time then it would become boring!! Because we as humans like pain and hardship!! But still, we need a happy ending once in awhile!!

Yeah, I will admit that I do like to have some problems in the relationships since it would be too unrealistic if there aren't any problems in the relationship. I really liked what Joss Whedon did with Kitty and Colossus' relationship in his "Astonishing X-Men" run. It was intense yet they were still happy with each other in the end.
#58 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Yeah, I will admit that I do like to have some problems in the relationships since it would be too unrealistic if there aren't any problems in the relationship. I really liked what Joss Whedon did with Kitty and Colossus' relationship in his "Astonishing X-Men" run. It was intense yet they were still happy with each other in the end.

I love Whedon's take on Kitty and Colossus... one of Marvel's finest!!

#59 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: @papad1992: @Rabbitearsblog: Maybe his hair fell out because Kitty left him at the worst possible time and is now hooking up with Bobby? Part of me wants Piotr to 'surprise' Kitty at the mansion and blow his stack! It seems that no one gets crapped on more than Colossus in the X-men universe. The whole idea of Kitty leaving Colossus after the transformation bothered me. The only equivalent I can find would be a significant other was diagnosed with an illness and is left by their partner because they didn't want to deal with it. Don't like how the writers are handling Kitty.

Shame on you, Kitty! Shame!!!!!!!!

#60 Posted by TheGremlin (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Destro been taking steroids again? Cobra Commanders gonna be so pissed of he fails the company drug test again.

#61 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: @papad1992: @Rabbitearsblog: Maybe his hair fell out because Kitty left him at the worst possible time and is now hooking up with Bobby? Part of me wants Piotr to 'surprise' Kitty at the mansion and blow his stack! It seems that no one gets crapped on more than Colossus in the X-men universe. The whole idea of Kitty leaving Colossus after the transformation bothered me. The only equivalent I can find would be a significant other was diagnosed with an illness and is left by their partner because they didn't want to deal with it. Don't like how the writers are handling Kitty.

As much as I want to talk about the horrible Kitty and Iceman hook-up... What I want to know is what kind of tree is that? And where can I buy one? What an easy financial fix... Just ask the ground for some diamonds!!!

#62 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Oh it's cool now, but they're going to destroy the diamond market! They'll be worthless!!!

#63 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: HAHA... Talk about suspicious!!

#64 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

As much as I want to talk about the horrible Kitty and Iceman hook-up... What I want to know is what kind of tree is that? 
And where can I buy one? What an easy financial fix... Just ask the ground for some diamonds!!!

Disappointing...Is Kitty even being written well in this series?  And how long do you think this relationship will last?
#65 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: She's not had a great deal of lines, but the actions she's been taking are odd to say the least. She's changed from a mature headmistress into some mid-life crisis mode. I am not a fan of this sudden change.

I'd half expect Piotr to show up, but he seems to have a great deal on his plate. Red Hulk, Thing, Phoenix Force. He can't go slapping some sense into Kitty at this time!

@papad1992: Krakoa is a weird dude. I wonder what else he can grow.

#66 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

Hmmmm.... isn't Krakoa apart of the Earth? If so, then how and the hell can diamonds grow on trees!? My parents always said that money doesn't grow on tress... well they didn't say anything about diamonds :P

#67 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: She's not had a great deal of lines, but the actions she's been taking are odd to say the least. She's changed from a mature headmistress into some mid-life crisis mode. I am not a fan of this sudden change.

I'd half expect Piotr to show up, but he seems to have a great deal on his plate. Red Hulk, Thing, Phoenix Force. He can't go slapping some sense into Kitty at this time!

That's too bad. Why didn't they just let her stay as a strong headmaster instead of suddenly switching her personality at the last second? Did this mid life crisis happened after the Brood incident?
#68 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: She thought she was pregnant. So she panicked and called Piotr. She told Bobby that she was relieved and didn't want to grow up. Then she proceeded to kiss him.

#69 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: She thought she was pregnant. So she panicked and called Piotr. She told Bobby that she was relieved and didn't want to grow up. Then she proceeded to kiss him.

Couldn't Kitty just hug Bobby or something and what did she mean by she didn't want to grow up? Are they trying to undo her maturity over the years?
#70 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Who knows. I do think that both kisses came off as awkward and forced. It didn't really work for me! It makes me wonder if they're going to have the pair date others for a while. The only person on Utopia that's available and his age range would be...Dazzler? I know she had a thing for him in the ultimate universe.

#71 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

what happens when you use steroids! or ancient powers...

#72 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Because...He doesn't have hair?

#73 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

Because...He doesn't have hair?

He did ! ... Before Cytorrak !

#74 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Tigerstriper said:

@papad1992 said:

Marvel Comics....

We hate long-term relationships!

Is that their new moto?? :P

It should be. XD

#75 Posted by SlackerGuy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

When he had hair and turned metal, did his hair also turn metal? Colorist in the past have colored his hair as if it had a metalic shine to it.

Maybe since he now has a helment he has no need for metalic hair.

#76 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlackerGuy said:

When he had hair and turned metal, did his hair also turn metal? Colorist in the past have colored his hair as if it had a metalic shine to it.

But the thing is, the helmet isn't a cosntant thing, it only morphs into action when he needs it.
#77 Edited by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer said:

@papad1992 said:

@Tigerstriper said:

@papad1992 said:

Marvel Comics....

We hate long-term relationships!

Is that their new moto?? :P

It should be. XD

By now it is for sure!

#78 Posted by SlackerGuy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@SlackerGuy said:

But the thing is, the helmet isn't a cosntant thing, it only morphs into action when he needs it.

Maybe he liked the look of the helment and wanted his head to look the same.

Or maybe magneto pulled out his metal hair as a prank since they're on the same team now.

#79 Posted by Dernman (14975 posts) - - Show Bio

He forgot to dry his hair before shifting and it rusted.

#80 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

He did say he hasn't turned back into human form since he became Colossolnaut so maybe that has something to do with it.

#81 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefilim927 said:

He did say he hasn't turned back into human form since he became Colossolnaut so maybe that has something to do with it.

The same thing happened with Colossus needing to stay in metal form a while back, but that didn't affect his hair. >.>
#82 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Well there goes that I guess lol

#83 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

His follicles were given to Cytorak as a sacrificial offering.

#84 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

His follicles were given to Cytorak as a sacrificial offering.

Oh, wow. 
#85 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Well, according to Gillien, his hair was seared away in the magical fire of the Crimson Cosmos. He hasn't transformed back to his human form since then and I guess his hair doesn't grow when he's armored up. Guess that explains it.

#86 Posted by gwilburn12 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see Colossus just go on a damn rampage

#87 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@gwilburn12: That happens daily whenever it's lunchtime and that was pre-cyttorak.

#88 Posted by HellionVulcan (3741 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his look just wish Cyttorak's power had like a burning effect all over his body & thats why he had no hair .

#89 Posted by Grey56 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

On the cover of Wolverine and the X-Men (or whatever its called) where he's approaching Kitty it looks as if it has returned again. Without adding any humour - is there any explanation I'm missing by not reading the elevedy billion tie ins ?

#90 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grey56: I guess he wanted it to grow back? He'd never left his armored form after taking the gem as he felt it gave him better control over the destructive impulses he had. So his hair never grew. All he needed to do was will himself hair?

#91 Posted by Grey56 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Maybe so - at least it's back I suppose.

#92 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grey56: Yup. The uptown fade is back.

#93 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: It was a good four issue run, but he's bald again. I had to say it guys, but it wasn't even real hair. He was wearing a toupee. Also...how in gods name did Spiderman survive after getting his face caved in and the massive explosion that followed?

#94 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: It was a good four issue run, but he's bald again. I had to say it guys, but it wasn't even real hair. He was wearing a toupee. Also...how in gods name did Spiderman survive after getting his face caved in and the massive explosion that followed?

Silly noob. He's got a hairline, at least, under Lopez he does...?

Blank Generation
Blank Generation
#95 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Ha. My attempt at a joke failed. I will say that I like the Colossus with a hairline as opposed to chrome dome. What's the deal with Colossus essentially saying things would be better if he would have stayed dead?

#96 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: Ha. My attempt at a joke failed. I will say that I like the Colossus with a hairline as opposed to chrome dome. What's the deal with Colossus essentially saying things would be better if he would have stayed dead?

LOL *bursts Rick's bubble of flatulance* You usually have good jokes, anways.

He looks hot with a hairline, the way Lopez draws him. He looks like an idiot when he's bald, hence the creation of this thread.

Also, i'm not sure ? I guess it's the fact that he's been through a lot and he never got to save Ister or his Sister ? (what a coincidence, that rhymes!)

(Unless i'm misunderstanding your point ?)

#97 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Well he told her in a panel or two after the on you uploaded that he's sorry that the girl was brought back to life. He knows something of that type of pain and that no one deserves it. It kind of gives me the impression that he feels it would have been easier if Ord never brought him back in the first place.

I feel bad for the guy. He doesn't have anyone close to him now that Kitty bailed. I have to admit that it's pretty good writing thusfar. Piotr and Storm are actually developing more as characters in this book. I do believe this will be my favorite book after Uncanny is finished.

#98 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: Well he told her in a panel or two after the on you uploaded that he's sorry that the girl was brought back to life. He knows something of that type of pain and that no one deserves it. It kind of gives me the impression that he feels it would have been easier if Ord never brought him back in the first place.

I feel bad for the guy. He doesn't have anyone close to him now that Kitty bailed. I have to admit that it's pretty good writing thusfar. Piotr and Storm are actually developing more as characters in this book. I do believe this will be my favorite book after Uncanny is finished.

Hmm. I'm trying to subsequently conjure up a paragraph to piggy-back off of that, but i'm failing, so i'll move to the second point. Keep in mind, i agree.

LOL @ Kitty. Aaron obviously wasn't a fan of the relationship anyways, which is quite a shame. Wood, which wasn't much of a suprise, has done wonders with the characters in this book, even Domino, he's not giving the same, he's bringing something new (in a sense), though with that forboding cover we've all seen, this recent heart-to-heart moment, as you described, was bitter-sweet. I especially like the concerns he had for Psylocke...(not furthering that.)

At first i was all for Colossus leaving and pursuing his "own agenda" but Wood has made me like the character again and i actually don't want him to leave.

Also, it looks like this is the ONLY title where Colossus isn't written like a sadistic idiot high on urine and acrylic acid, or the possesed bald guy who shouts "Tovarisch!" anytime he apprehends the antagonist.

#99 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry said:

Hmm. I'm trying to subsequently conjure up a paragraph to piggy-back off of that, but i'm failing, so i'll move to the second point. Keep in mind, i agree.

LOL @ Kitty. Aaron obviously wasn't a fan of the relationship anyways, which is quite a shame. Wood, which wasn't much of a suprise, has done wonders with the characters in this book, even Domino, he's not giving the same, he's bringing something new (in a sense), though with that forboding cover we've all seen, this recent heart-to-heart moment, as you described, was bitter-sweet. I especially like the concerns he had for Psylocke...(not furthering that.)

At first i was all for Colossus leaving and pursuing his "own agenda" but Wood has made me like the character again and i actually don't want him to leave.

Also, it looks like this is the ONLY title where Colossus isn't written like a sadistic idiot high on urine and acrylic acid, or the possesed bald guy who shouts "Tovarisch!" anytime he apprehends the antagonist.

I loved Kitty and Colossus being together, so it's a shame that we won't be seeing them together for awhile as long as Aaron's writing her.

#100 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I agree on pretty much everything you said. The Colossus we see here is a great deal more thoughtful than we've seen in some time. I always wonder why it's so difficult for people to write a good Piotr. He's obviously one of the most popular X-men and he's the only brick character that seems to have stuck over the years. How hard is it to write the guy decently?! Glad that Wood is giving him and Storm (Who I grew to dislike over the past year or two) a chance to TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES! Gillien also writes a good Colossus, but AvX has seriously cut into his ability to do his characters justice.

I do hope Colossus sticks around as well. I wonder what his own agenda even is anyway? He seems to be on board with Storm for the time being. Part of me thinks it's going to be Cyttorak related if Scott is really going to space jail.

@Rabbitearsblog: I read an interview with Aaron that said he's going to cut people from the comic and add at least one high profile person. The dopplegangers will also be showing up at the school as well. So I'm rather glad he's not at the school. It's going to get crowded soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.