Why Is He Bald ?

• 104 results
#1 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been bothering me, and I'm sure, some others since it's shocking revelation. I just don't get it, so he's got the powers of Cytorrak now, was complete hair loss the price he had to pay for power too ? Like, Cain didn't lose all of his hair while he had it's power so what the hell gives for Pete ? I've managed to put up with this new transformation of his for some time now but the baldness is so off-putting it's not even funny. 

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to admit, his baldness is a bit off-putting...

#3 Posted by _slim_ (14092 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't why he's bald, but I kinda like the look.

#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes him look like a cue-ball from pokemon.

#5 Posted by _slim_ (14092 posts) - - Show Bio

<----- :D

Haters gonna hate.

#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
@_slim_ said:

<----- :D

Haters gonna hate.

LOL.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like him bald he looks like a metal penis.

#8 Posted by _slim_ (14092 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by Ms. Omega (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Lmao yea he does

#10 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Bald colossus looks bad (Bad as in horrible).

#11 Posted by DATNIGGA (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess he cant be Juggs & keep his hair too lol

#12 Posted by cattlebattle (13369 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyttoraks power is so ridiculous it makes your hair fall out

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't like his bald look...

#14 Edited by Rickbarry (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually prefer his bald look to the way they had been drawing his hair. The only explanation I can give is that the new look is supposed show a significant change in the character we've become familiar with over a period of years.

@Vance Astro: If you remember the famous line from Team America, you'll know it's far better to be a penis than the other two options!

#15 Edited by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

That's horrifying because that same metal penis can either charge at you or level a building.

...But then again, a metal penis that can throw buses is kind of amazing when you think about it.

Either way, I hope you all enjoy the mental images I just put in your heads.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24734 posts) - - Show Bio

Now he exemplifies the term chrome dome

#17 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, hair is for the weak

#18 Posted by SamRevlon (134 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to rub a bald man's head every now and then, spontaneously too. Maybe it had to do with wearing that large helmet? Didn't let his follicles breathe. ]: It looks alright to me.

#19 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

He reminds of Krillin from Dragon Ball, especially with that shiny scalp.

#20 Posted by God_Spawn (38317 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

I was gonna say metal cancer patient but yours works too.

#21 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since his transformation he's lost his iconic look and personality!! He was always the big softy that could pummel your ass but still be lovable!! Now he's sooo ugly with this new look and he's become a uninteresting character!!!

#22 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

Ever since his transformation he's lost his iconic look and personality!! He was always the big softy that could pummel your ass but still be lovable!! Now he's sooo ugly with this new look and he's become a uninteresting character!!!

I agree! I miss the old Colossus...hopefully they will bring him back!
#23 Posted by 244 (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

About the personality, whenever he experienced something that puts him in emotional turmoil, he tends to lock his heart and emotions, and that was evident after the death of his sister Illyana from UXN #304. Now that he's corrupted, he's afraid on what destruction he may unleash and is afraid of himself.

#24 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: @244:

It's just that Colossus was always a favorite of mine but now he seems to just be another muscle!! Disappointing at best!! And as for his personality... that was the death of his sister it's expected from him a little denial or breakdown. This was just a horrible power upgrade and his sister was there with him, I just think that it's a terrible mess!! Hopefully he'll untangle himself soon!! And grow so freaking hair!!!

#25 Posted by Rickbarry (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: @Rabbitearsblog: You gals are crazy! You can't bash the guy just because he's bald when he had a flat top once he was transformed! Haha. They're both weird hair styles.

As far as him being muscle I think he's getting some stage time soon. So we'll get ol petey back in some way or another. Once he's finished tunnel punching and rescues Illyana!

#26 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@papad1992: @Rabbitearsblog: You gals are crazy! You can't bash the guy just because he's bald when he had a flat top once he was transformed! Haha. They're both weird hair styles.

As far as him being muscle I think he's getting some stage time soon. So we'll get ol petey back in some way or another. Once he's finished tunnel punching and rescues Illyana!

1. I'm a guy... tough!!

2. Colossus has been lost as a favorite of mine ever since writers decided to split Kitty and him up yet again!!

#27 Posted by Rickbarry (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Guy and Gal! Forgive me?!

I wouldn't say he's been lost as a favorite of mine. I tend to gravitate toward more calmer/collected characters in the marvel universe. Colossus, Emma, Scott and Kitty tend to fit that bill perfectly for me. They'll get back together...perhaps?!

It was awfully silly that they split Colossus and Kitty up. He kind of saved the day by making Kuurth pick up his ball and take it home.

#28 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

I wouldn't say he's been lost as a favorite of mine. I tend to gravitate toward more calmer/collected characters in the marvel universe. Colossus, Emma, Scott and Kitty tend to fit that bill perfectly for me. They'll get back together...perhaps?!

It was awfully silly that they split Colossus and Kitty up. He kind of saved the day by making Kuurth pick up his ball and take it home.

Let me sum it up for ya from the beginning of this roller coaster relationship... It's like they were together then Colossus injected himself with the Legacy cure... then Kitty was lonesome, Astonishing X-Men kicked in and she joined and on a mission saw Colossus alive and well!! They got back together... then on another mission Kitty sacrificed herself and saved the world by becoming part of this space bullet pointed towards earth... she was lost and he was lost without her, then she came hurtling back from left field by Magneto (...ehhh) she was alive and he was happy but she was stuck in a permanent phased form! She was placed in a chamber at first then a space suit to sustain her! He was depressed and she couldn't touch him after all this time apart! Then she gained her solid self back again only for Colossus to go and become the newest "Juggernaut" to stop the old one... he became bald and a little cold, while she felt depressed and angry! Then Schism happened and she chose to go to the school while Colossus felt it unsafe for him to be around kids (excuse) and decided to stay on the prison rock, so the split!! And here we are....

And that's how Marvel ruins a relationship!! By constantly inflicting problems and pain into their lives!!!

#29 Edited by Rickbarry (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: I've the answer! Piotr is a Rasputin. They're family is doomed to terrible things happening to them. Mikhail went MIA after the whole Apocalypse. Magik's soul has been dragged through fire. Now Colossus, being Mr. Good guy, has an evil demon encouraging him to destroy things! I think Sinister wiped out all of his extended family as well a few years ago. It's overly difficult to find a jewish ninja that just so happens to be a mutant. She's a catch!

I just want the guy to take out his frustration on Rulk and go back to westchester to get Kitty back.

#30 Posted by Tigerstriper (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

And that's how Marvel ruins a relationship!! By constantly inflicting problems and pain into their lives!!!

Marvel Comics....

We hate long-term relationships!

#31 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@papad1992: I've the answer! Piotr is a Rasputin. They're family is doomed to terrible things happening to them. Mikhail went MIA after the whole Apocalypse. Magik's soul has been dragged through fire. Now Colossus, being Mr. Good guy, has an evil demon encouraging him to destroy things! I think Sinister wiped out all of his extended family as well a few years ago. It's overly difficult to find a jewish ninja that just so happens to be a mutant. She's a catch!

I just want the guy to take out his frustration on Rulk and go back to westchester to get Kitty back.

Out of ur whole comment the thing that really caught my eye was u describing Kitty as a jewish mutant ninja!! Who else thinks that would make an awesome movie!? U just became my friend...

#32 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tigerstriper said:

@papad1992 said:

Marvel Comics....

We hate long-term relationships!

Is that their new moto?? :P

#33 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Let me sum it up for ya from the beginning of this roller coaster relationship... It's like they were together then Colossus injected himself with the Legacy cure... then Kitty was lonesome, Astonishing X-Men kicked in and she joined and on a mission saw Colossus alive and well!! They got back together... then on another mission Kitty sacrificed herself and saved the world by becoming part of this space bullet pointed towards earth... she was lost and he was lost without her, then she came hurtling back from left field by Magneto (...ehhh) she was alive and he was happy but she was stuck in a permanent phased form! She was placed in a chamber at first then a space suit to sustain her! He was depressed and she couldn't touch him after all this time apart! Then she gained her solid self back again only for Colossus to go and become the newest "Juggernaut" to stop the old one... he became bald and a little cold, while she felt depressed and angry! Then Schism happened and she chose to go to the school while Colossus felt it unsafe for him to be around kids (excuse) and decided to stay on the prison rock, so the split!! And here we are....

I agree with all this!! Why can't Marvel just leave these two alone and let them stay together?  These two are like one of the most popular couples in the X-Universe, next to Rogue and Gambit (which I am still upset about Marvel breaking these two up). I really hope that Kitty and Colossus get back together soon, I miss them being together...
#34 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether he looks better bald or not I don't care.

Why is he now bald?

That's the question.

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

Why is he now bald?

That's the question.

He doesn't look better bald...He looks awful.His head is shaped weird.He needs to get his box cut back.
#36 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
Cyttoraks power is so ridiculous it makes your hair fall out
Maybe his powers Radioactiveand gives off a form of Chemo? 

Though saying this was Colossus hair metal when he had it ? O.o
#37 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@PowerHerc said:

Why is he now bald?

That's the question.

He doesn't look better bald...He looks awful.His head is shaped weird.He needs to get his box cut back.

I agree, he looks better with his traditional squared-off haircut, but why is he now bald?

#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

I agree, he looks better with his traditional squared-off haircut, but why is he now bald?

For the same reason Beast is a Cat.
#39 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@PowerHerc said:

Okay, I got it; it's just B.S.

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@Vance Astro said:

@PowerHerc said:

Okay, I got it; it's just B.S.

There you go.
#41 Posted by Rickbarry (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when Colossus had that goofy rat tail? I'd rather have him bald than that again.

#42 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

Remember when Colossus had that goofy rat tail? I'd rather have him bald than that again.

At least with the rat tail, he still had a sense of appeal. Now ? Eugh.

#43 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

So people can real zinger innuendo's? (The bald colossus, the bald juggernaut, ect.)

I liked his hairstyle as it reminded me of Frankenstein.

A friend once came up with an idea to have him grow dreads and make little spiked hairbuns on the ends, so when he turned to organic steel he could

use his hair as a weapon. I think that would be cool. I suspect partial laziness and a belief the look would separate him from his previously known character

and now appear to be a more cold and withdrawn person in retrospect (cliche as far as I'm concerned but I kind of see it).

#44 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: LOL... What would Freud say about this?

#45 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE said:

So people can real zinger innuendo's? (The bald colossus, the bald juggernaut, ect.)

I liked his hairstyle as it reminded me of Frankenstein.

A friend once came up with an idea to have him grow dreads and make little spiked hairbuns on the ends, so when he turned to organic steel he could

use his hair as a weapon. I think that would be cool. I suspect partial laziness and a belief the look would separate him from his previously known character

and now appear to be a more cold and withdrawn person in retrospect (cliche as far as I'm concerned but I kind of see it).

That would be awesome!! It would be really interesting to see how Colossus would use his hair as a weapon! I think the writers should have said something about Colossus going bald instead of just making him bald for the life of it.  What I think would be interesting to see is if Colossus ever changes back to a human and he remains bald, then I would love to see him wear different kinds of hats until his hair grows back.
#46 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog:

Isn't it though. I tried to give some more thought after that to his potential. Like for example it seems his fingernails do cover over when he changes. He could grow long nails that would be claws when he turns to metal, ect.

#47 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE said:

@Rabbitearsblog:

Isn't it though. I tried to give some more thought after that to his potential. Like for example it seems his fingernails do cover over when he changes. He could grow long nails that would be claws when he turns to metal, ect.

Yeah, that would be interesting!
#48 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

I agree with all this!! Why can't Marvel just leave these two alone and let them stay together? These two are like one of the most popular couples in the X-Universe, next to Rogue and Gambit (which I am still upset about Marvel breaking these two up). I really hope that Kitty and Colossus get back together soon, I miss them being together...

Preach to me!! Rogue and Gambit, Kitty and Colossus, etc... I know writers want to put their own stamp on their work, but seriously... having a couple (who's meant to be together) constantly be away from each other is hurting us readers!! I mean who takes Rogue and Magneto together seriously?? Or what about that kiss Kitty and Iceman shared?? Stop forcing relationships and let the chips fall where they may be!

#49 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

I agree with all this!! Why can't Marvel just leave these two alone and let them stay together? These two are like one of the most popular couples in the X-Universe, next to Rogue and Gambit (which I am still upset about Marvel breaking these two up). I really hope that Kitty and Colossus get back together soon, I miss them being together...

Preach to me!! Rogue and Gambit, Kitty and Colossus, etc... I know writers want to put their own stamp on their work, but seriously... having a couple (who's meant to be together) constantly be away from each other is hurting us readers!! I mean who takes Rogue and Magneto together seriously?? Or what about that kiss Kitty and Iceman shared?? Stop forcing relationships and let the chips fall where they may be!

Exactly! I really can't stand it whenever they have to force another relationship to happen when it is obvious that the last relationship isn't even over yet!  If Kitty is away for Colossus and vice versa, what is wrong with them being single for awhile and figure out what they really want out of a relationship? Forcing them to be with other people isn't going to make things better for the characters.
#50 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Exactly! I really can't stand it whenever they have to force another relationship to happen when it is obvious that the last relationship isn't even over yet! If Kitty is away for Colossus and vice versa, what is wrong with them being single for awhile and figure out what they really want out of a relationship? Forcing them to be with other people isn't going to make things better for the characters.

OMG!!! Ur speaking my language!! I mean take Havok and Polaris for example... that's a couple that has been together since basically they were created! And their relationship is one that I take seriously in the Marvel universe. It has had it's bumps and break-ups but they stay strong and together nonetheless!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.