Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Who do you think was the best writer for Colossus?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Which writer of the X-Men comics did you think did the best job at writing Colossus' character? 

I personally enjoyed Chris Claremont's interpretation of Colossus as he was always written to be passionate and heroic and that was something I have always enjoyed about Colossus. 

I also liked Joss Whedon's interpretation of Colossus as he is soft hearted and he is just as heroic as he was when Chris Claremont wrote him. 

Ed Brubaker's interpretation of Colossus was pretty good in Divided we Stand as Colossus does morn for Kitty, but I loved his close relationship with Wolverine and Nightcrawler in that comic.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Whedon.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blood1991

Claremont, He created the frame for him, and while some writers have tried to destroy that frame, I believe many X-Men reader will always see Colossus as the "little brother" of the X-Men.
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Blood1991 said:

Claremont, He created the frame for him, and while some writers have tried to destroy that frame, I believe many X-Men reader will always see Colossus as the "little brother" of the X-Men.

Was Colossus named the "little brother" of the X-Men because he was the youngest member at the time?
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PYH000

@Blood1991 said:

Why would some writers tried to destroy it? the "gentle giant" aspect was quite moving for his character.

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

Was Colossus named the "little brother" of the X-Men because he was the youngest member at the time?

Storm did addressed him as "little brother" from time to time.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Blood1991 said:

How did the other writers tried to destroy Colossus' character? I only read a few of the newer comics, so I'm not sure what direction they are going for him.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Claremont

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.