What would happened if Colossus lost control of his powers?

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think will happen to Colossus if he lost control of his new Juggernaut powers? Do you think that the X-Men will have to kill him to save the world or do you think that there might be another alternative? Personally, I don't want to see Colossus get killed again. One time was enough, especially if his death risks going through the whole "Jean Grey Death Cycle" where he gets kill, but is revived back again. If Colossus does get to that point, hopefully, the other X-Men might try to go to the Cyttorak and ask it to control Colossus' new powers, or maybe Colossus should have the will power to control it himself.

#2 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

bump.

#3 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be like dealing with the Juggernaut they would use one of their plans for him like knock off his helmet and hit him with a psychic

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son_of_Magnus said:

It would be like dealing with the Juggernaut they would use one of their plans for him like knock off his helmet and hit him with a psychic

Oh yeah! I forgot that Juggernaut is weakened whenever they knock off his helmet. So hopefully they won't have to kill Colossus if they can just get at his helmet, at least I hope that the current writers remember this.

#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son_of_Magnus said:

I believe Colossus is immune to telepathy and psionics when in his steel form

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@Son_of_Magnus said:

So if his helmet came off, would Colossus still be a rampaging maniac or would he revert back to his gentle self?

#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Son_of_Magnus said:

So if his helmet came off, would Colossus still be a rampaging maniac or would he revert back to his gentle self?

I saw him in the preview for the next Uncanny X-men issue putting his helmet on and he was still in his Juggernaut form. So to me it doesn't seem like removing the helmet would strip him of his Juggernaut powers.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Son_of_Magnus said:

I saw him in the preview for the next Uncanny X-men issue putting his helmet on and he was still in his Juggernaut form. So to me it doesn't seem like removing the helmet would strip him of his Juggernaut powers.

Oh. I wonder how the X-Men will deal with him at this moment...

#9 Posted by GLforHIRE (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: the whole knocking off the helmet plan wouldnt work anymore. colossus IS juggernaut, so he doesnt have to put on the suit, it comes right out his skin the way his normal powers do except it looks more like a symbiote. in the lastest xmen comic him and storm are about to fight war machine and colossus pretty much flexed and the juggernuat costume started to just form over his normal skin like ooze...so i really doubt anyone can just people his helmet off without him just keeping it formed.

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE said:

@Rabbitearsblog: the whole knocking off the helmet plan wouldnt work anymore. colossus IS juggernaut, so he doesnt have to put on the suit, it comes right out his skin the way his normal powers do except it looks more like a symbiote. in the lastest xmen comic him and storm are about to fight war machine and colossus pretty much flexed and the juggernuat costume started to just form over his normal skin like ooze...so i really doubt anyone can just people his helmet off without him just keeping it formed.

Oh, it's going to be hard to defeat him now without killing him...

#11 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

what will happen a xmen story event would happen 7 part event

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1 said:

what will happen a xmen story event would happen 7 part event

Oh no! I hope Marvel doesn't think about making another event out of this!

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it they're kinda turning Colossus into something more like the Hulk. Not that that's a bad thing. Just that he has this darkness within him and it is tempting to use that strength to solve situations making him stronger but it corrupts him and makes him more violent and more likely to hurt his friends if he allows himself to tap into that power.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

The way I see it they're kinda turning Colossus into something more like the Hulk. Not that that's a bad thing. Just that he has this darkness within him and it is tempting to use that strength to solve situations making him stronger but it corrupts him and makes him more violent and more likely to hurt his friends if he allows himself to tap into that power.

I agree that Colossus is becoming like the Hulk with his new Juggernaut powers as he is struggling with the rage that the powers give him and it would be interesting to see what would happen if his powers go out of control and how he might hurt his friends and loved ones.

#15 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be awesome

#16 Posted by batkevin74 (10423 posts) - - Show Bio

Lost control of his Juggernaut powers would mean what...he's just even more invulnerable & unstoppable?

Trying to stop Colosernaut or Juggerosus or whatever they're naming him is going to be virtually impossible. Look back at Juggernauts encounters and prety much physically you can't stop him! Knock the helmet off and you need a psychic. No psychic then you need Thor to throw him into space, Kitty Pryde to phase him into the Earth, Dr Strange to transport him to a planet of marshmellows or Onslaught to beat him to a pulp.

The current X-Men who are split into Cyclops & Wolverine teams would need to unite, call in the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, Ghost Rider, Captain Britain and probably the Exiles (who have slid in to prevent 616 killing Peter) may be able to do it.

Also Leech could remove his powers in a heartbeat...what they do after is up to Marvel

#17 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

Lost control of his Juggernaut powers would mean what...he's just even more invulnerable & unstoppable?

Trying to stop Colosernaut or Juggerosus or whatever they're naming him is going to be virtually impossible. Look back at Juggernauts encounters and prety much physically you can't stop him! Knock the helmet off and you need a psychic. No psychic then you need Thor to throw him into space, Kitty Pryde to phase him into the Earth, Dr Strange to transport him to a planet of marshmellows or Onslaught to beat him to a pulp.

The current X-Men who are split into Cyclops & Wolverine teams would need to unite, call in the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, Ghost Rider, Captain Britain and probably the Exiles (who have slid in to prevent 616 killing Peter) may be able to do it.

Also Leech could remove his powers in a heartbeat...what they do after is up to Marvel

I agree that it would take almost everyone from the Marvel universe to stop the powers of the Juggernaut. Maybe this event might unite the X-Men afterward, although that would mean that Colossus would be dead, again.

#18 Posted by tensor (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate this colossus juggernaut power

#19 Posted by batkevin74 (10423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: The X-Men reunite, Peter hands the gem back to Cain who becomes a good guy for a while and they all have a cup of tea.

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: The X-Men reunite, Peter hands the gem back to Cain who becomes a good guy for a while and they all have a cup of tea.

LOL! Although I wouldn't be surprised if that happened!

#21 Edited by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: one word...magneto, magneto can manipulate the metal in his metal form and put an end to it, he could never do it before because of the mystical properties in the juggernauts armor but peter is always in his metal form when he takes on the juggernaut persona so that should be no problem for magneto. The hulk can take down juggy, he's done it before and he can do it again. also im pretty sure the x-men would figure out a way since its been done so many times before. @PrinceIMC said:

@PrinceIMC: well look at what the big guy has gone through, he's lost his parents and lots of friends, he's got a son he doesn't know about, he thought he lost his sister...twice and when they find her shes a complete and total b**ch. plus nightcrawler just recently died and he peter and wolvie were best friends

#22 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Powerzone789 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@PrinceIMC: well look at what the big guy has gone through, he's lost his parents and lots of friends, he's got a son he doesn't know about, he thought he lost his sister...twice and when they find her shes a complete and total b**ch. plus nightcrawler just recently died and he peter and wolvie were best friends

Yeah, I really feel sorry for Colossus at this point. Hope he finds a way to get through his turmoil soon.

#23 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is a walking metal man; Juggernaut powers or not. The X-men have Magneto. I think they'll be able to at least subdue him for a while.

#24 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Tho Juggernaut power means he cannot be held, people couldn't hold the Juggernaut with any kind of power or technology if he fought against it. Just because he's made of metal doesn't nullify this. That's like saying Magneto in the past could have covered Juggernaut in metal and held him....no way folks.

#25 Posted by batkevin74 (10423 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter smashes away Iron Man & Captain America like gnats. Wolverine flies in via a Magneto fastball special only to go splat on Peter's chest. Ghost Rider tries to choke Peter but ends up becoming Peter's new weapon to take out Ms Marvel. Thing, Luke Cage & Spider Man triple team but Peter is too strong. Reed tries to hit him with a super-laser-sonic-doohickey but to no avail! Dr Strange uses Kitty to get into Peter's head and she convinces him via the astral plain that this isn't the way. While his body fights the two have a chat and he symbollically gives her the gem. As Peter comes too in his body, Thor drives him into the ground like a tent peg to make sure. He apologizes to the assembled and his armour crumbles off him like an eggshell. They all go back to the Avengers Mansion for tea & biscuits much to Jarvis' disgust!

#26 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

Peter smashes away Iron Man & Captain America like gnats. Wolverine flies in via a Magneto fastball special only to go splat on Peter's chest. Ghost Rider tries to choke Peter but ends up becoming Peter's new weapon to take out Ms Marvel. Thing, Luke Cage & Spider Man triple team but Peter is too strong. Reed tries to hit him with a super-laser-sonic-doohickey but to no avail! Dr Strange uses Kitty to get into Peter's head and she convinces him via the astral plain that this isn't the way. While his body fights the two have a chat and he symbollically gives her the gem. As Peter comes too in his body, Thor drives him into the ground like a tent peg to make sure. He apologizes to the assembled and his armour crumbles off him like an eggshell. They all go back to the Avengers Mansion for tea & biscuits much to Jarvis' disgust!

LOL! Yeah I can see the X-Men sitting down having tea and pretending that this incident never happened!

#27 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Yeah, but the Juggeranut with no ground means a nullified Juggeranut. He has to have a bearing to be able to start his "unstoppable" gimmick. Unlike Cain, Piotr is a giant piece of metal for Magneto to toss into mid air.

#28 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@yumyumbubblegum said:

@PrinceIMC: Yeah, but the Juggeranut with no ground means a nullified Juggeranut. He has to have a bearing to be able to start his "unstoppable" gimmick. Unlike Cain, Piotr is a giant piece of metal for Magneto to toss into mid air.

Untrue. Jean Grey and other telekinetics have tried that by levitating him but his power applies to not being held, even in the air. The same thing happened when the Exemplars tried to contain Juggernaut. Stonecutter the Exemplar of technology built a device to hold him but it was only temporary.
#29 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Hey, Skaar was able to do it using his Old Power and eventually knock Juggernaut (Cain Marko) into orbit. I don' t see why Magneto can't temporarily throw Colossus into orbit either. If it's not possible to lift the Juggernaut (Piotr), by using direct magnetic manipulation of his metallic body, Magneto could just lift the ground below his feet via the ferrous content in the earth.

#30 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@yumyumbubblegum said:

@PrinceIMC: Hey, Skaar was able to do it using his Old Power and eventually knock Juggernaut (Cain Marko) into orbit. I don' t see why Magneto can't temporarily throw Colossus into orbit either. If it's not possible to lift the Juggernaut (Piotr), by using direct magnetic manipulation of his metallic body, Magneto could just lift the ground below his feet via the ferrous content in the earth.

By the time Skaar was introduced Juggernaut was so depowered he was barely any stronger than Colossus anyway. I'm not saying someone can't lift Juggernaut or Juggernaut powered Colossus, I'm saying nobody can hold them.
#31 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: The battle between Juggernaut and Skaar happened in Incredible Hulk #602 which was published months before the Juggernaut received the Uni-power in Amazing Spider-Man #629, after which he became depowered. So as far as I can tell, the Juggeranut was at the same level he was during WWH when he was fighting Skaar.

#32 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@yumyumbubblegum said:

@PrinceIMC: The battle between Juggernaut and Skaar happened in Incredible Hulk #602 which was published months before the Juggernaut received the Uni-power in Amazing Spider-Man #629, after which he became depowered. So as far as I can tell, the Juggeranut was at the same level he was during WWH when he was fighting Skaar.

Juggernaut had been consistently losing power for 10 years. Black Tom almost killed him with plants and he nearly drowned until Squid Boy saved him. Then he joined the X-Men and was essentially just a replacement for Colossus who was dead at the time. Yes he supposedly got his powers back before WWH but it was always meant to be brief and wasn't close to his past showings.
#33 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Classic Juggernaut and the Juggernaut from WWH are pretty much the same. The only difference is that while Cain retained his full power in between WWH and Amazing Spider-Man #629 he never fought anyone on the same power level as Thor (the Captain universe fight was p.i.s), hence the few testimonies of his strength. All past showings in comics in general, are rather ludicrous compared to the modern day "down to earth style".

#34 Edited by The Impersonator (5067 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Colossus should learn to control the powers of the Juggernaut at it's true potential. So that it's powers may not control him. It's like Naruto has to control his Nine-tailed demon fox before it takes over his body. Well, it did happen a couple of times though. But there are certain risks to developing new powers and it depends on the level of control which the character is using.

#35 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

I think Colossus should learn to control the powers of the Juggernaut at it's true potential. So that it's powers may not control him. It's like Naruto has to control his Nine-tailed demon fox before it takes over his body. Well, it did happen a couple of times though. But there are certain risks to developing new powers and it depends on the level of control which the character is using.

I agree! I think that as long as Colossus can control all of the powers of the Cyttorak, he would be able to remain the kind hearted man he is without worrying about going on a rage when he taps into his Cyttorak powers.

#36 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto can stop him easily

#37 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: Yeah I think that Magneto might be able to stop him. By the way, did Magneto ever defeated Juggernaut before?

#38 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: I was reading an one of x-men's early comic but I can't remember which issue. I think magneto was mad at the x-men for being turned into a baby and magneto challenged the x-men and e beats colossus by throwing him into an ocean.

#39 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I was reading an one of x-men's early comic but I can't remember which issue. I think magneto was mad at the x-men for being turned into a baby and magneto challenged the x-men and e beats colossus by throwing him into an ocean.

Oh yeah! Colossus can't swim in his steel form, right?

#40 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: *Nope* he was too heavy

#41 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: Oh.

#42 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

magneto can stop him easily

Magneto wasn't able to stop Juggernaut during fear itself. I doubt his abilities could affect his body at the moment. There's a reason he tends to keep going forward when he charges. Unstoppable!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.