What is the fate of Colossus?

  • 57 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

 

Ever since the events “Fear Itself” and “Schism,” everything has changed for the X-Men and some has affected many of the members in negative ways.   One of the X-Men members who were affected the most was Colossus, who takes on the powers of the Cyttorak and becomes the next Juggernaut.   So, now that the popular gentle Russian giant now possesses an evil power, what will become of him in the future?

 So far, it is shown that Colossus has full control of his new powers, while his new powers is making him much stronger than ever.   However, because the powers that Colossus possesses are very destructive, Colossus is now becoming more aggressive whenever he digs into his new powers, although he still tries to hold on to his true self as best as he can.   So with the current state of his new powers, what would happen to Colossus if he lost control of his powers and he goes on a rampage?

 

One possibility is that he might take his own life to save the people he cares about if his powers go out of control.   This had happened before when Colossus sacrificed his own life to save the mutant race from the legacy virus after his sister Magik died from the virus early on.   If Colossus discovers that his powers are becoming so destructive that he can’t control his powers at all, then it’s a possibility that he might take his own life to save everyone from the destructive powers he has possessed, just like Jean Grey had done when she couldn't control her Dark Phoenix powers and decided to sacrifice herself to save the world from her destructive powers.
 

HOWEVER, there is another option though and it might be a long shot, but maybe Colossus doesn’t have to die if he lost control of his powers.   Maybe the conclusion of the story could be set up where Colossus fights the powers of the Cyttorak and gains an upper hand over his powers, however, he still needs more training with his powers, so  he would need to be with someone who knows how to handle the darker side of any kind of power. Probably the best solution in having Colossus deal with his new powers is through a  miniseries about Colossus and his sister Magik going away from the X-Men for awhile and train Colossus in honing his new powers. This would be a great way to generate more stories about Colossus and we would be able to get a much deeper characterization of his character when he is dealing with these new powers such as how the powers affect him emotionally and how he might possibly grow as a character through this ordeal.  As long as there are good writers such as Joss Whedon, Rick Remender, Grant Morrison and other good writers that can take this character seriously and go into depth with his inner struggles in controlling such a destructive power and develop a more closer relationship with his sister Magik, then a miniseries staring him and his sister Magik would be a great thing for both their characters and the stories involving them
.
So what would be the fate of Colossus in the future? Well, since it’s too early to tell, we can’t really say what’s in store for Colossus or anyone else for that matter, but I personally hope that Marvel would allow Colossus to have his own miniseries that has him dealing with his new powers rather than kill him off if his powers go out of control because in killing him, the deeper characterization of Colossus might be lost since he might go through the same routine he has been going through his entire life again.  There are so many new opportunities to expand more on Colossus’ character and killing him off again would not do much to change his character or have him learn from his mistakes or actions.  

So what do you think? Do you think that Colossus should die once he loses control of his powers or do you think that there should be more stories of him trying to control his powers?

#1 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

2 Things That I see are going to happen .

His going to split (Hulk style)

or

His going to die .

#2 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@maikkywin said:

2 Things That I see are going to happen .

His going to split (Hulk style)

or

His going to die .

Yeah, unfortunately, I have a feeling that Marvel going to let him die because there's already been too many great characters recently that are dying (Nightcrawler!) .
#3 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

He's f*cked. I don't know how he's going to get out of this to be honest.

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

He's f*cked. I don't know how he's going to get out of this to be honest.

Me neither. Either way, it's not going to be good for him, unless the writers have it set up where he actually controls the powers.
#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

He will not be keeping the juggernaut powers. Hell have them for a time but sooner than later they will take them away. I would be surprised if he still had them by the end of the year

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
He will not be keeping the juggernaut powers. Hell have them for a time but sooner than later they will take them away. I would be surprised if he still had them by the end of the year
I wonder how they will cause the Juggernaut powers to disappear...
#7 Posted by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's more likely that he'll either disappear for a set amount of time as opposed to being killed. He's already sacrificed himself and there's zero he could do that would top that. Plus I don't even think it's possible to kill himself while imbued with the powers of Cytorrak. He'll just regen himself whether it's conscious or not.

As far as the powers go? He might keep the power as I don't see how Cytorrak will give them back to Cain. The dude chose to run with another god and it seems like these immortal beings tend to hold a grudge. So, I think he'll have the powers for quite a while. Hell most mutants around the planet are still depowered.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

I think it's more likely that he'll either disappear for a set amount of time as opposed to being killed. He's already sacrificed himself and there's zero he could do that would top that. Plus I don't even think it's possible to kill himself while imbued with the powers of Cytorrak. He'll just regen himself whether it's conscious or not.

As far as the powers go? He might keep the power as I don't see how Cytorrak will give them back to Cain. The dude chose to run with another god and it seems like these immortal beings tend to hold a grudge. So, I think he'll have the powers for quite a while. Hell most mutants around the planet are still depowered.

Yeah, I wonder if they will ever re powered the mutants, even though Scarlett Witch is working on that.
#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to make Cain the Juggernaut again

#11 Posted by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

They need to make Cain the Juggernaut again

Why? Cain was a bully and pretty one dimensional character. At the very least someone else having the power of Cytorrak will be an interesting read.

#12 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@joshmightbe said:

They need to make Cain the Juggernaut again

Why? Cain was a bully and pretty one dimensional character. At the very least someone else having the power of Cytorrak will be an interesting read.

I agree that since Colossus took on the powers, we sort of learned a bit more about the Cyttorak, so hopefully with Colossus having the Cyttorak powers, there might be more exploration on the Cyttorak itself. But I do want Colossus to return back to his gentle self again someday.

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Juggernaut is supposed to be a bully, thats the whole point of the character

#14 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Collosuggernaut stays for a long while. Mostly because I love typing that.

#15 Edited by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I'm talking more about Cain than whomever possesses the ability to become Juggernaut. Depowered or not Cain has little going for him in terms of the ability to make an intriguing story.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: So am I, he was always intended to be a bully, that was his purpose for existing. Cain was an abused child who took out his anger one those less powerful than himself, and Cyttorak is a demon of chaos, destruction and death. The thought of using his power for good is ridiculous and goes against everything about the character that has been set up since his creation. Cain should've never tried to go good in the first place

#17 Posted by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I'm sure they'll give Cain the power again eventually, but for now I'm happy that someone else is getting the chance to use the power. Can Cytorrak actually create another Juggernaut or can their only be one? 'Course just saying that I realise having two would be retarded. There are like five hulks now in the marvel universe and no one really gives a crap.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: The limits of Cyttorack's power has never been shown so it is with in the realm of possibility that he could create an army of them if he felt like it

#19 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@joshmightbe: I'm sure they'll give Cain the power again eventually, but for now I'm happy that someone else is getting the chance to use the power. Can Cytorrak actually create another Juggernaut or can their only be one? 'Course just saying that I realise having two would be retarded. There are like five hulks now in the marvel universe and no one really gives a crap.

I'm actually glad that someone else has Cytorrak's powers also. I was always wondering what it would be like if someone with a pure heart like Colossus would take on the powers of the Cyttorak? Would they be corrupted or would they try to control the powers? I guess we'll see what direction this goes in the future.
#20 Edited by frozenedge (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

They've already killed Colossus once I'd assumed they wouldn't want to kill him off again. My guess is that he'll either learn to control Cytorrak's powers to a certain degree or Ctorrak will find somebody more suited to wield the powers. Besides if they kill Colossus off, who's Wolverine gonna have drink with when this Schism stuff ends and the X-Men rejoin since Kurt's dead.

#21 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@frozenedge said:

They've already killed Colossus once I'd assumed they wouldn't want to kill him off again. My guess is that he'll either learn to control Cytorrak's powers to a certain degree or Ctorrak will find somebody more suited to wield the powers. Besides if they kill Colossus off, who's Wolverine gonna have drink with when this Schism stuff ends and the X-Men rejoin since Kurt's dead.

Yeah! Wolverine would lose his drinking buddy if Colossus dies!
#22 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#23 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Um I don't see him dying 'again' but rather fighting off the force and being banished from it much like Cain tried to do at times.

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enosisik said:
Um I don't see him dying 'again' but rather fighting off the force and being banished from it much like Cain tried to do at times.
Yeah, I would really love to see if Colossus fights against the Cyttorak's powers if it gets out of control.
#25 Posted by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really sure what's going to happen with the powers, but I saw another interview with the writing team and they had interesting things to say about Colossus.-- "Plus, in the middle of it all we've got a really big Juggernaut versus Red Hulk fight which I also use as a way to move the Juggernaut/Colossus-Magick plot to the next stage. Some big things are going to happen to Colossus in the next few issues; especially when he goes to find his sister in this current arc and after he confronts the aliens and UNIT in the next one. So he's not in a great position when he goes up against Red Hulk, which means while this fight is both spectacular and punchy it's also a really emotional thing for Colossus. I'm trying to embrace both spectacle and emotion." -- It doesn't sound like he's losing the power if they're calling it the 'next stage'. It sounds like he's fed up fighting the power and it all comes to a head once Red Hulk shows up. I say let him cut loose! What's the point of him having all this power if he won't use it?

Entire article can be found here. Has some AvX info in it as well. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37227

#26 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

I'm not really sure what's going to happen with the powers, but I saw another interview with the writing team and they had interesting things to say about Colossus.-- "Plus, in the middle of it all we've got a really big Juggernaut versus Red Hulk fight which I also use as a way to move the Juggernaut/Colossus-Magick plot to the next stage. Some big things are going to happen to Colossus in the next few issues; especially when he goes to find his sister in this current arc and after he confronts the aliens and UNIT in the next one. So he's not in a great position when he goes up against Red Hulk, which means while this fight is both spectacular and punchy it's also a really emotional thing for Colossus. I'm trying to embrace both spectacle and emotion." -- It doesn't sound like he's losing the power if they're calling it the 'next stage'. It sounds like he's fed up fighting the power and it all comes to a head once Red Hulk shows up. I say let him cut loose! What's the point of him having all this power if he won't use it?

Entire article can be found here. Has some AvX info in it as well. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37227

This sounds a bit interesting. I wonder what will become of the Red Hulk battle...
#27 Posted by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: No clue. Red Hulk is no joke and if he absorbs an energy source he's usually coming out on top of a battle. He's beaten Hulk, Thor, Abomination, A-bomb and others. So I'm not entirely sure how the fight is going to go, but it's a safe bet the ground is going to shake a tad. :)

#28 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: No clue. Red Hulk is no joke and if he absorbs an energy source he's usually coming out on top of a battle. He's beaten Hulk, Thor, Abomination, A-bomb and others. So I'm not entirely sure how the fight is going to go, but it's a safe bet the ground is going to shake a tad. :)

It would be interesting to see what Red Hulk would do with the powers of the Cyttorak. Probably total destruction.
#29 Posted by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: He might be able to leech the powers to increase his strength, but it's a double edged sword. From what I understand that more Rulk uses his power absorbtion the less like it is he can revert to his human form. I'm not even sure what would happen if he leeched from Colossus. Colossus would still have the blessing and the unstoppable nature. He'd likely just get a strength boost.

#30 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: He might be able to leech the powers to increase his strength, but it's a double edged sword. From what I understand that more Rulk uses his power absorbtion the less like it is he can revert to his human form. I'm not even sure what would happen if he leeched from Colossus. Colossus would still have the blessing and the unstoppable nature. He'd likely just get a strength boost.

Hmm... that does sound plausible...
#31 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

not quite sure if Rulk can suck magic from people. That would be kind of a stretch. He's done with with the Power Cosmic though so who knows. <<<<<<< Which was lame

#32 Posted by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Was he actually able to use the power cosmic or just bleed the surfer down to a level would he could beat him?

#33 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

I would definitely like to see what Colossus would do after Avengers vs. X-Men is over with.

#34 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea he might die. I loved how Magik beat Dr. Strange in AvX, I thought she was a goner.

#35 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@KDarkholme said:

Yea he might die. I loved how Magik beat Dr. Strange in AvX, I thought she was a goner.

That's what I didn't like about Colossus being the next Juggernaut is the fact that he might die because he turned evil and the only way to stop him is to kill him it seems. I'm just glad that one of the X-Men finally defeated a Avenger!

#36 Posted by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a Rasputin famliy throwdown in the next AvX vs issue. Magik vs Black Widow and Colossus vs Thing. Magik should win easily and Colossus should as well, but I noticed Rulk joins in with Thing against Colossus in the issue and it's written by Loeb. Loeb force with Rulk is strong.

#37 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

It's a Rasputin famliy throwdown in the next AvX vs issue. Magik vs Black Widow and Colossus vs Thing. Magik should win easily and Colossus should as well, but I noticed Rulk joins in with Thing against Colossus in the issue and it's written by Loeb. Loeb force with Rulk is strong.

I hope that Colossus actually wins this round because I was so mad when Colossus didn't win the last fight since he had the power of the Cyttorak on his hands!
#38 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@KDarkholme said:

Yea he might die. I loved how Magik beat Dr. Strange in AvX, I thought she was a goner.

I hated that issue. Magik should be human again after regaining the rest of her soul. She refuses to return to Limbo and rule it again as she vehemently told to her wold-be demonic liberators from New Mutants #28 series #3. Sounds like Jason Aaron didn't get the memo about her recent developments.

#39 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@244 said:

@KDarkholme said:

Yea he might die. I loved how Magik beat Dr. Strange in AvX, I thought she was a goner.

I hated that issue. Magik should be human again after regaining the rest of her soul. She refuses to return to Limbo and rule it again as she vehemently told to her wold-be demonic liberators from New Mutants #28 series #3. Sounds like Jason Aaron didn't get the memo about her recent developments.

It seems like so many writers don't seem to know what to do with Magik since her powers are constantly changing from one writer to the next and even I'm confused about Magik's real powers or where she stands as to whether or not she got her soul back. I wish that the writers would just stick to whether or not Magik keeps her soul since that would make things easier to understand.

#40 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@244 said:

@KDarkholme said:

Yea he might die. I loved how Magik beat Dr. Strange in AvX, I thought she was a goner.

I hated that issue. Magik should be human again after regaining the rest of her soul. She refuses to return to Limbo and rule it again as she vehemently told to her wold-be demonic liberators from New Mutants #28 series #3. Sounds like Jason Aaron didn't get the memo about her recent developments.

It seems like so many writers don't seem to know what to do with Magik since her powers are constantly changing from one writer to the next and even I'm confused about Magik's real powers or where she stands as to whether or not she got her soul back. I wish that the writers would just stick to whether or not Magik keeps her soul since that would make things easier to understand.

Here here!

#41 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@244 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@244 said:

@KDarkholme said:

Yea he might die. I loved how Magik beat Dr. Strange in AvX, I thought she was a goner.

I hated that issue. Magik should be human again after regaining the rest of her soul. She refuses to return to Limbo and rule it again as she vehemently told to her wold-be demonic liberators from New Mutants #28 series #3. Sounds like Jason Aaron didn't get the memo about her recent developments.

It seems like so many writers don't seem to know what to do with Magik since her powers are constantly changing from one writer to the next and even I'm confused about Magik's real powers or where she stands as to whether or not she got her soul back. I wish that the writers would just stick to whether or not Magik keeps her soul since that would make things easier to understand.

Here here!

I totally agree with you guys, lack of communication seems like it to me.

#42 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@KDarkholme said:

@244 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@244 said:

@KDarkholme said:

Yea he might die. I loved how Magik beat Dr. Strange in AvX, I thought she was a goner.

I hated that issue. Magik should be human again after regaining the rest of her soul. She refuses to return to Limbo and rule it again as she vehemently told to her wold-be demonic liberators from New Mutants #28 series #3. Sounds like Jason Aaron didn't get the memo about her recent developments.

It seems like so many writers don't seem to know what to do with Magik since her powers are constantly changing from one writer to the next and even I'm confused about Magik's real powers or where she stands as to whether or not she got her soul back. I wish that the writers would just stick to whether or not Magik keeps her soul since that would make things easier to understand.

Here here!

I totally agree with you guys, lack of communication seems like it to me.

Yeah, I think the writers should at least try to talk to each other about what to decide to do with Magik's character so that way things wouldn't seem so out of place every time she is featured.

#43 Posted by Rickbarry (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik has admitted that her soul is forever stained from her time in Limbo. She even tried to take the Cyttorak power for herself until Colossus stepped forward to save her. So while it was interesting that she took Strange to limbo it wasn't a surprise. Her personality is closer to Emma these days and she really only lets her guard down around Piotr.

#44 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

Magik has admitted that her soul is forever stained from her time in Limbo. She even tried to take the Cyttorak power for herself until Colossus stepped forward to save her. So while it was interesting that she took Strange to limbo it wasn't a surprise. Her personality is closer to Emma these days and she really only lets her guard down around Piotr.

I wonder if that is the permanent direction that is going for Magik or will they alter her personality again in the future?

#45 Edited by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

Magik has admitted that her soul is forever stained from her time in Limbo. She even tried to take the Cyttorak power for herself until Colossus stepped forward to save her. So while it was interesting that she took Strange to limbo it wasn't a surprise. Her personality is closer to Emma these days and she really only lets her guard down around Piotr.

"Was" soot black for so long as she said it. It's past tense. Her demeanor is soft from UXN. I read from Kieron Gillen's formspring that Magik has gotten back the rest of her soul means a different person. If she still remains demonic, even to her brother, she would still behave a bit harsh and critical towards him and Zeb Wells' New Mutants #7 and Nation X #1 shows it.

This is what he said about her:

"I was just really interested in her current status quo. She was a reconstruct of someone. She did something that was incredibly, incredibly dangerous for purely selfish reasons. She got most of her soul back. So... who is she now? By definition, she isn't the same person who did that thing. Who is she now *really*? How can we be sure? That's all kinds of dramatically interesting."

#46 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@244 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Magik has admitted that her soul is forever stained from her time in Limbo. She even tried to take the Cyttorak power for herself until Colossus stepped forward to save her. So while it was interesting that she took Strange to limbo it wasn't a surprise. Her personality is closer to Emma these days and she really only lets her guard down around Piotr.

"Was" soot black for so long as she said it. It's past tense. Her demeanor is soft from UXN. I read from Kieron Gillen's formspring that Magik has gotten back the rest of her soul means a different person. If she still remains demonic, even to her brother, she would still behave a bit harsh and critical towards him and Zeb Wells' New Mutants #7 and Nation X #1 shows it.

This is what he said about her:

"I was just really interested in her current status quo. She was a reconstruct of someone. She did something that was incredibly, incredibly dangerous for purely selfish reasons. She got most of her soul back. So... who is she now? By definition, she isn't the same person who did that thing. Who is she now *really*? How can we be sure? That's all kinds of dramatically interesting."

To be honest, sometimes I get so annoyed whenever writers state what they are going to do with the characters like this because it's like I want to know what is exactly going on and yet I don't want so much spoiled for me.

#47 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@244 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Magik has admitted that her soul is forever stained from her time in Limbo. She even tried to take the Cyttorak power for herself until Colossus stepped forward to save her. So while it was interesting that she took Strange to limbo it wasn't a surprise. Her personality is closer to Emma these days and she really only lets her guard down around Piotr.

"Was" soot black for so long as she said it. It's past tense. Her demeanor is soft from UXN. I read from Kieron Gillen's formspring that Magik has gotten back the rest of her soul means a different person. If she still remains demonic, even to her brother, she would still behave a bit harsh and critical towards him and Zeb Wells' New Mutants #7 and Nation X #1 shows it.

This is what he said about her:

"I was just really interested in her current status quo. She was a reconstruct of someone. She did something that was incredibly, incredibly dangerous for purely selfish reasons. She got most of her soul back. So... who is she now? By definition, she isn't the same person who did that thing. Who is she now *really*? How can we be sure? That's all kinds of dramatically interesting."

To be honest, sometimes I get so annoyed whenever writers state what they are going to do with the characters like this because it's like I want to know what is exactly going on and yet I don't want so much spoiled for me.

But he hasn't said anything about what he's going to do with her. He's only saying where she's currently at is a really interesting place and holds so much potential, story-wise.

#48 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging on some current photos of Colossus seeming to possess the Phoenix Force, what do you think will become of him afterwards?

#49 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Judging on some current photos of Colossus seeming to possess the Phoenix Force, what do you think will become of him afterwards?

I'm sure it's going to be temporary for the duration of AvsX. Colossus still has that Juggernaut subplot as well as his sister's incarceration subplot.

#50 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@244 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Judging on some current photos of Colossus seeming to possess the Phoenix Force, what do you think will become of him afterwards?

I'm sure it's going to be temporary for the duration of AvsX. Colossus still has that Juggernaut subplot as well as his sister's incarceration subplot.

Yeah, I hope they touch on that after this event is over.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.