What do you want to happen to Colossus?

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

What are some things you wish that the writers should explore more with Colossus?  I was thinking about Colossus having his own series for awhile, so that way his character would grow a bit more and have his story told the same way that Joss Whedon told Kitty Pryde's story as we would see the world through Colossus' point of view.

#2 Posted by Rickbarry (1857 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd enjoy seeing Colossus switch things up with his current team alignment. The only thing, I believe, that's keeping him on Utopia is Illyana. If she were to leave he would do the same. I'd like to see him as an Acolyte once again. He showed a compassion toward Magneto during that short run that most of his followers weren't capable of doing. So...yeah, Acolyte Colossus. His costume was awesome as well.

#3 Posted by God_Spawn (38398 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think you would need a solid writer to write a solo series for Colossus. I think maybe a 1-2 would be much better as I don't see Colossus ever being a main event guy. He just lacks that personality for it. He's got as much charisma as a rake really. I think it's good he has these Juggernaut powers cause it adds some much needed depth to Peter IMO. I think that 1 shot or a 2 issue mini would be much better cause it could very well explain Colossus' POV but won't drag out a story too long to where his lack of personality or brooding causes it to tank.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Rickbarry (1857 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I thought David Hine did a pretty good job with his Bloodline series, but that was only five issues. You're right on the need of a cut and dry ending for Colossus during a five or six issue run.

#5 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder who would be a great writer for Colossus?  I'm thinking that Joss Whedon should do it, but that's wishful thinking.
 @god_spawn said:

I personally think you would need a solid writer to write a solo series for Colossus. I think maybe a 1-2 would be much better as I don't see Colossus ever being a main event guy. He just lacks that personality for it. He's got as much charisma as a rake really. I think it's good he has these Juggernaut powers cause it adds some much needed depth to Peter IMO. I think that 1 shot or a 2 issue mini would be much better cause it could very well explain Colossus' POV but won't drag out a story too long to where his lack of personality or brooding causes it to tank.

I agree that lately, Colossus' personality has been lacking. In future stories, I want Colossus to be written the way he was when Chris Claremont and Joss Whedon wrote him as the friendly giant who can fight you with everything's he's got!
#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykopis said:

I actually don't like how Colossus is being portrayed right now. The attempt to make him angsty (oooh - watch out, he needs to control his anger...oooh...) just fails.

Either he goes completely bad, or he just gets over this and heads out to the Jean Grey Institute to get Kitty back. He's a teddy bear, an extremely powerful one. The double sibling going "evil" is falling flat.. Give him some real dialogue, some real depth - it's a good attempt to make him the new avatar of the Cyttorak to shake things up for the character, but not giving it some real focus is disappointing.

I agree with all of this. It just feels like Colossus is still the background character, even though he's got the powers of the Cyttorak, which should be a huge part of the stories.  I want to see them do more with his character other than being apart of the Extinction Team.
#7 Edited by Rickbarry (1857 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: @lykopis: Well...Colossus has merge with the Phoenix along with Cyclops, Emma, Illyana and Namor. What's it mean? I dunno, but he's got hair again.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: @lykopis: Well...Colossus has merge with the Phoenix along with Cyclops, Emma, Illyana and Namor. What's it mean? I dunno, but he's got hair again.

I do worry about what will become of Colossus after AvX, especially after hearing that Uncanny X-Men will be cancelled. So, where would Colossus go after this?

#9 Posted by Rickbarry (1857 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Well, if you go by solicits, he might leave the X-men team all together. The other thread about punching someone in the face has further details! If he actually does leave I've no idea where he'll end up.

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Well, if you go by solicits, he might leave the X-men team all together. The other thread about punching someone in the face has further details! If he actually does leave I've no idea where he'll end up.

If Colossus does leave the X-Men, I hope he gets his own miniseries so that way, they would expand on his character some more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.