What do you think will happen to Colossus after AvX?

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think might happen to Colossus after AvX is over with? Do you think he will die or do you think he will be punished for his time as a Phoenix Force host?

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Colossus will be the least blamed out of the five. Out of them he has been the least evil and only really showed any signs of corruption in WATX. I also think he is the only one of the PF 5 to realize how dangerous they are.

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

I think Colossus will be the least blamed out of the five. Out of them he has been the least evil and only really showed any signs of corruption in WATX. I also think he is the only one of the PF 5 to realize how dangerous they are.

I agree that Colossus might be the one that everyone will go the easiest on (well, everyone's always going easy on him) so it would be interesting to see what he would do after this whole event. I would definitely like to see Colossus have his own series along with Magik just to see if they could develop his character better after this event.
#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

I agree that Colossus might be the one that everyone will go the easiest on (well, everyone's always going easy on him) so it would be interesting to see what he would do after this whole event. I would definitely like to see Colossus have his own series along with Magik just to see if they could develop his character better after this event.

I would read a Colossus and Magik series, but I see a mini being more probable. I think Colossus may turn on the PF 5 as well, because he seemed to be having some serious inner conflict at the end of WATX. I'm not sure where je will go after all of this, but I'm sure he will be fine.

#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

I would read a Colossus and Magik series, but I see a mini being more probable. I think Colossus may turn on the PF 5 as well, because he seemed to be having some serious inner conflict at the end of WATX. I'm not sure where je will go after all of this, but I'm sure he will be fine.

Yeah, I can't really see Marvel actually getting rid of Colossus like that since he's pretty popular with the fans. Not to mention, he still has the Cyttorak issue to deal with.  By the way, what did you think about the current issue of WATX?
#6 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

I think Colossus will be the least blamed out of the five.

I agree that Colossus might be the one that everyone will go the easiest on (well, everyone's always going easy on him)

Anyone else find it ironically funny that the one guy who is LITERALLY made of steel is also the guy everyone goes easy on?

#7 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

Fighting Storm by the Looks of It

X-MEN #37

BRIAN WOOD (W) • DAVID LOPEZ (A/C)

• Meet the last living Proto-Mutant!

• The Storm-Cyclops divide widens as the team starts to unravel

• Colossus has his own agenda…will he leave the team to pursue it?

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonSmith said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

I agree that Colossus might be the one that everyone will go the easiest on (well, everyone's always going easy on him)

Anyone else find it ironically funny that the one guy who is LITERALLY made of steel is also the guy everyone goes easy on?

I know right?! I mean, Colossus is made out of steel and that would be enough to scare anyone, but I guess because of his gentle nature most of the time, everyone just lets him off easy.
#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber said:

X-MEN #37

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Not AVX related, but he was teasered for that

@JonSmith said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

Awww how can you stay mad at Colossus?

@Rabbitearsblog: He does, I just want to know if he will stay on X-men "I hope so He, Storm, and Psylocke are three of my all time favorites".I think they ade him kinda creepy, but he didn't blow up the school which I am positive would have been Namors reaction. Emma would make them all her slaves, and Magik would torture them in limbo. I think Pete had shown some incredible will to maintain both the gem and PF, even if he did have an outburst.

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

@TheCheeseStabber said:

X-MEN #37

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Not AVX related, but he was teasered for that

@JonSmith said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

Awww how can you stay mad at Colossus?

@Rabbitearsblog: He does, I just want to know if he will stay on X-men "I hope so He, Storm, and Psylocke are three of my all time favorites".I think they ade him kinda creepy, but he didn't blow up the school which I am positive would have been Namors reaction. Emma would make them all her slaves, and Magik would torture them in limbo. I think Pete had shown some incredible will to maintain both the gem and PF, even if he did have an outburst.

Yeah, the part where he threatened to kill Kitty was really creepy...
#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: yes, yes it was. So was his face when he was going to propose....

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: yes, yes it was. So was his face when he was going to propose....

It makes me wonder about if Kitty and Colossus will ever get back together after all this. Sure, I can see her dating Iceman for awhile, but there's no way she would be completely over Colossus.
#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

It makes me wonder about if Kitty and Colossus will ever get back together after all this. Sure, I can see her dating Iceman for awhile, but there's no way she would be completely over Colossus.

For awhile I see them apart, but I doubt they will be apart for more than five years.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

For awhile I see them apart, but I doubt they will be apart for more than five years.

I agree. Some other writer will come along and bring them back together again.
#15 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they continue to push for Iceman and Kitty.

I doubt after what happened between them in this latest issue of WATMX we will be seeing them on speaking terms anytime soon.

#16 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the sudden pull for Iceman and Kitty? Is it because there was an interest in the movie or that one random issue (maybe) in the Ultimate verse? The two have nothing in common and it seems that it's mostly Bobby fans that want him to get some spotlight, lol. 616 Kitty gravitates towards more serious/mature male characters and that eliminates Bobby right off the bat. As for what happens to Colosuss...I don't think he's going to be a player in Uncanny Avengers. It'll be entirely too much friction to have any member of the p5 on the active roster. They were at each others throat before they were even transformed. It'd be god awful writing if they are suddenly happy to be a part of the team.

Also...isn't there supposed to be a reason why these five were chosen to be avatars? I remember them saying it went back a year prior to the event and each character was chosen for a reason. I've yet to see this reason.

I also believe it's rumored that someone significant switches sides toward the end. It very well could be Colossus if Scott/Emma do something to Illyana for her piece of the force.

#17 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

What's the sudden pull for Iceman and Kitty? Is it because there was an interest in the movie or that one random issue (maybe) in the Ultimate verse? The two have nothing in common and it seems that it's mostly Bobby fans that want him to get some spotlight, lol. 616 Kitty gravitates towards more serious/mature male characters and that eliminates Bobby right off the bat. As for what happens to Colosuss...I don't think he's going to be a player in Uncanny Avengers. It'll be entirely too much friction to have any member of the p5 on the active roster. They were at each others throat before they were even transformed. It'd be god awful writing if they are suddenly happy to be a part of the team.

Also...isn't there supposed to be a reason why these five were chosen to be avatars? I remember them saying it went back a year prior to the event and each character was chosen for a reason. I've yet to see this reason.

I also believe it's rumored that someone significant switches sides toward the end. It very well could be Colossus if Scott/Emma do something to Illyana for her piece of the force.

I find this kind of awkward too, since there wasn't any interest in Bobby and Kitty getting together before this event.  Also, I agree that Colossus might switch sides too since he's seeing what the Phoenix Force is doing to everyone.
#18 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

he will get a steel wool afro

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

Stays as the Juggernaut.

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

Stays as the Juggernaut.

I can see him staying as Juggernaut for awhile since it would be a dumb idea to just let him lose his powers when he hadn't done much with it yet.
#21 Posted by awesomex (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Becoming the new leader of the X-Men.

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (15060 posts) - - Show Bio

He will still be Juggernaut.

#23 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

All things considered I think he did pretty well when the force took over. Namor killed thousands. Piotr broke a statue and gave a couple X-men sleepy time punches.

#24 Posted by Walker696 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

If he keeps his Juggernaut powers then I think they need to start arc where he goes on a journey to discover himself and along the way he can tangle with a few powerhouses and while fighting them he gets a more aggressive attitude. I want to see him with some tude because he's been to easy going and care free. It makes me angry because he is one of my fav bricks and my only issue with has been him being so kind hearted. I want him to give in to his new powers and rampage a bit, maybe solo Thor (since every seems to be doing that now a days lol).

#25 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696 said:

If he keeps his Juggernaut powers then I think they need to start arc where he goes on a journey to discover himself and along the way he can tangle with a few powerhouses and while fighting them he gets a more aggressive attitude. I want to see him with some tude because he's been to easy going and care free. It makes me angry because he is one of my fav bricks and my only issue with has been him being so kind hearted. I want him to give in to his new powers and rampage a bit, maybe solo Thor (since every seems to be doing that now a days lol).

I agree. I was hoping that Marvel would give Colossus his own miniseries that details his powers with the Juggernaut and how he has to struggle with the new powers while trying to stay true to himself. It would be a really great storyline for his character if they did this.

#26 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog:Well now would be the time to launch a mini with the whole marvel lineup being revamped. I think if they paired him with his sister it'd be a decent seller. Also, I dig the new Colossus av. Cassady (sp?) was awesome on that run. You get the sense that the guy is huge, but they didn't make him overly huge like some artists do as of late.

I've a scan somewhere where he kicks one of the breakworld soldiers through a steel train. I'll stick it up if I find it.

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog:Well now would be the time to launch a mini with the whole marvel lineup being revamped. I think if they paired him with his sister it'd be a decent seller. Also, I dig the new Colossus av. Cassady (sp?) was awesome on that run. You get the sense that the guy is huge, but they didn't make him overly huge like some artists do as of late.

I've a scan somewhere where he kicks one of the breakworld soldiers through a steel train. I'll stick it up if I find it.

Yeah! I would definitely love to see a Colossus/Magik miniseries in the new relaunch! Thanks! I really loved the way that John Cassaday drew Colossus in his run of "Astonishing X-Men!" It clearly defined Colossus' physique.

#28 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: The only small saving grace for Uncanny Avengers is Cassaday's artwork. It's still not going to make me but it, but I suppose I could appreciate other folks when they upload the scans on the webbiesite.

#29 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw what happened to Colossus and Magik in the current AvX story?

#30 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, i'm kinda hoping he stays in Wood's title. (if the title is still up and running Post-Marvel NO!)

#31 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping for certain reasons.

#32 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: What evil reasons are causing you to bump these threads?! Tell me!

@Rabbitearsblog: I surely did. I think there's more to the Colossus possibly leaving the recon team. I just read an interview with Marvel's Editor-in-chief that said we should keep our ears peeled on Colossus. Why keep him on your radar if he's staying put?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40276

#33 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

.....Well....he'll probably cry because he lost his girlfriend.

#34 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: Psh, he's upgraded himself considering how Kitty has been written over the past year or so. Annoying school teacher/headmistress doesn't work for me.

#35 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry:

True....Kitty used to be cute.

#36 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

are Kitty and Iceman dating?

#37 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus needs to seek out Bruce Banner so help him channel and suppress his inner demon lol

#38 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure, but probably not reconcile with Kitty and possibly fully embrace the Juggernaut and go villain again.

#39 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

Colossus needs to seek out Bruce Banner so help him channel and suppress his inner demon lol

Yeah, it would be interesting to see what Bruce Banner can do with Colossus' dark side!

#40 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18679 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't what will happen to him but i'm sure that he screwed up his relationship with kitty....big time

#41 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: He's better off for it as a character. The Colossus that was with Kitty was way too much of a background character. I've not been this into Colossus since he came back in 2005. Besides, They practically said that they pair both still love each other in the latest issue of WATX. She'll date Bobby and eventually hook back up with Piotr. At least that's what I assume as I feel zero chemistry between Bobby and Kitty. Toad and Husk had more panel chemistry in that darn book.

@Rabbitearsblog: @DEGRAAF: I think he's doing pretty darn well holding it in check. It was only when Rulk committed the eye gouge party foul that he went full blow Juggy.

#42 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@TheAcidSkull: He's better off for it as a character. The Colossus that was with Kitty was way too much of a background character. I've not been this into Colossus since he came back in 2005. Besides, They practically said that they pair both still love each other in the latest issue of WATX. She'll date Bobby and eventually hook back up with Piotr. At least that's what I assume as I feel zero chemistry between Bobby and Kitty. Toad and Husk had more panel chemistry in that darn book.

@Rabbitearsblog: @DEGRAAF: I think he's doing pretty darn well holding it in check. It was only when Rulk committed the eye gouge party foul that he went full blow Juggy.

Is this true?

#43 Edited by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Pretty much. Colossus said they he can see that she still loves him and Kitty said you may say you're still the man I loved, but the man she loved wouldn't lock up the Avengers like common criminals. The Phoenix has changed him and whatnot. Colossus throws a fit and Kitty stays at the school. I've no idea what will happen with Bobby and Kitty. I can only assume they're going to put them together for the time being.

I think it makes Kitty look bad as she's supporting Logan who is still stabbing folks and leaving them in unmarked graves, but somehow Colossus is evil. So he put some crab legs on whales. Big deal. haha.

#44 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Pretty much. Colossus said they he can see that she still loves him and Kitty said you may say you're still the man I loved, but the man she loved wouldn't lock up the Avengers like common criminals. The Phoenix has changed him and whatnot. Colossus throws a fit and Kitty stays at the school. I've no idea what will happen with Bobby and Kitty. I can only assume they're going to put them together for the time being.

I think it makes Kitty look bad as she's supporting Logan who is still stabbing folks and leaving them in unmarked graves, but somehow Colossus is evil. So he put some crab legs on whales. Big deal. haha.

It would be interesting to see where the writers will take their relationship in the future.

#45 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: It's kind of a mystery what's going to happen to Colossus at the moment. He might have a big move or a new series that he's going to in the near future.

#46 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: It's kind of a mystery what's going to happen to Colossus at the moment. He might have a big move or a new series that he's going to in the near future.

I would love it if Colossus had his own series. He really needs some serious character development. Maybe if he was in a series where he becomes a vigilante after his actions in AvX.

#47 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Well I read an interview a day or so ago and the editor-in-chief at marvel used the same term for Colossus's future as well as upcoming solo titles that haven't been revealed. I'm hoping that's a slip and it involves Petey.

#48 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Yea but they have mentioned that it is getting easier for him to fall to that side and he has been jumping to becoming juggernaut when it wasn't necessarily needed.

Idk why so few approve of the Bobby and Kitty matching. I like that matching and hope it lasts a while.

#49 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: I think a lot of people, granted they either dislike Kitty or are Colossus fans, don't enjoy seeing her jump into someone elses lap as a rebound almost immediately after she bailed on him. We're unreasonable fanboys/girls! lol

@Rabbitearsblog: On a side note I did read that the last two issues of Uncanny's run are going to focus on Colossus. Nick Lowe or someone said that it's some pretty dark and chilling stuff. I think at the end of the comic, unless they do something crazy like kill him off, we're going to see Colossus reborn as a type of villian or at the very least a vigilante type character.

#50 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Yeai i am a fan of all 3 character ans i guess im just looking for Iceman to get some love.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.