What do you think of Colossus in the newer X-Men comics?

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think of how Colossus is being shown now in the newer X-Men comics? Do you think that he's better than he was when he was first introduced or do you think that his character has suffered a lot?
#2 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh... what's different other than he's 20XXing it up with Kitty?

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@labarith

Oh I meant that did Colossus' personality ever changed in the newer comics and if it had, do you like his personality better now or back when he was first introduced. A lot of people said that Colossus is a bit too whiny nowandays whenever his sister is involved.
#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he was awesome when he was in Whedon's Astonishing run, but after that he hasn't really done anything up until now... And I really don't like that he's the new Juggernaut. Piotr is one of my favorite X-Men characters and I hope this change isn't permanent. 

#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
I thought he was awesome when he was in Whedon's Astonishing run, but after that he hasn't really done anything up until now... And I really don't like that he's the new Juggernaut. Piotr is one of my favorite X-Men characters and I hope this change isn't permanent. 

I totally agree with you! I think that Joss Whedon did an excellent job at writing Colossus's character and it's a shame that after Whedon's run, Colossus was never shown doing anything spectacular like he did a dozen times in Whedon's run. I also don't like the direction of Colossus being the new Juggernaut because it might lead to him being killed in some way or he would eventually resort to the evil side unless they do something about that armor soon.
#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#7 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- He is just as boring as he has always been, now just overpowered and boring.

- It's nice they are trying to give him something to do for once, but I have just never been able to get into the character.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- He is just as boring as he has always been, now just overpowered and boring.

- It's nice they are trying to give him something to do for once, but I have just never been able to get into the character.

I really like his character to be honest. :D It's just that lately, none of the writers have been able to write him as an interesting character like Joss Whedon and Chris Claremont did. The whole Juggernaut thing was a nice boost for him, but I wonder where the writers are going to take him with this.

#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.