Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7581 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

What do you think about Colossus being a vigilante after AvX?

• 83 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I was thinking that maybe there should be a solo series for Colossus (even though I've brought up this point so many times before) and in this series, he should be a vigilante after the events of AvX and the reason why he would become a vigilante is because he would probably feel bad about what he had done when he was possessed by the Phoenix Force and to redeem himself, he would try to protect both mutants and humans from any threat. Yeah, this sounds a lot like Batman , but it would be an interesting character development for Colossus since he's been written pretty stale lately and he wouldn't have to be the bad guy to make him more interesting. Also, this series would deal with him trying to control the Cyttorak powers and possibly, he might meet up with Cain Marko and they would fight over the Cyttorak powers.

Also, this is my idea for Colossus' vigilante costume:

Yeah, this is from Age of Apocalypse, but I want him to wear that headband and change his outfit a bit.
    Yeah, this is from Age of Apocalypse, but I want him to wear that headband and change his outfit a bit.

So what do you think about this? Do you like this idea or do you hate it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Based on his past and personality, he is about the last person I could picture turning solo vigilante. Too much the quiet soldier and follower to go in this direction IMO.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I can't see it to be honest. I think Colossus is too much of a sweetheart to actually become a vigilante of sorts. And I don't think he has been written pretty stale as of late (not counting AvX). What I have seen of Wood's take he has shown to be a pretty intelligent guy and Gillen has done a good job at making him suffer with the Juggernaut powers. And if he dresses up like Teenage Mutant Ninjalossus to be a vigilante he would look too much like Random

Random
    Random

If Colossus did anything anything after the X-Men it would be painting IMO. When was the last time he sat down and actually did it? Aside making water colors with Rulk's blood and face goo I can't think of anything.

OO OO I know. He should up a protein powder bakery. Call it Colossu-cookies.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@god_spawn said:

I can't see it to be honest. I think Colossus is too much of a sweetheart to actually become a vigilante of sorts. And I don't think he has been written pretty stale as of late (not counting AvX). What I have seen of Wood's take he has shown to be a pretty intelligent guy and Gillen has done a good job at making him suffer with the Juggernaut powers. And if he dresses up like Teenage Mutant Ninjalossus to be a vigilante he would look too much like Random

Random
    Random

If Colossus did anything anything after the X-Men it would be painting IMO. When was the last time he sat down and actually did it? Aside making water colors with Rulk's blood and face goo I can't think of anything.

OO OO I know. He should up a protein powder bakery. Call it Colossu-cookies.

I actually do miss Colossus painting. I wonder if the writers will ever go back to that hobby of his?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rabbitearsblog: Maybe after AvX settles and everyone's angst towards each other is gone for the most part.

If he does become a vigilante he should call himself the Russian Renegade or just....Rusk. >:D Badass.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

Ew, no.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@god_spawn said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Maybe after AvX settles and everyone's angst towards each other is gone for the most part.

If he does become a vigilante he should call himself the Russian Renegade or just....Rusk. >:D Badass.

That's a great name!!!! I was thinking Red Steel.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twentyfive

I don't like my vigilates with super powers. Takes the fun out of the comic.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dernman

Nah I don't feel him getting a solo. Maybe a mini were Cain comes back in a bid to take the powers and succeeds.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Dernman said:

Nah I don't feel him getting a solo. Maybe a mini were Cain comes back in a bid to take the powers and succeeds.

I would definitely like to see a storyline where Cain Marko gets the Cyttorak powers back.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

He would go back to calling himself the Proletarian and wearing that goofy hat.....I would read it.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@cattlebattle said:

He would go back to calling himself the Proletarian and wearing that goofy hat.....I would read it.

Oh yeah! The Proletarian costume!

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

Teenage Mutant Ninjalossus

LMAO.

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By JohnnyWalker

please god no. i dont know how many hits character can take.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By fodigg

@JohnnyWalker said:

please god no. i dont know how many hits character can take.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: I think people would buy a Colossus comic. I want to say I saw a recent status poll over the past few months of the more popular mutants and Colossus and Magik were pushing the top five. They're pretty recognizable and enjoyed by most anyone that gets a marvel comic. Why not mash them together for an ongoing series? It's not like they'll be working with the Avengers or other X-men anytime soon. Most of the people at Utopia/JGS aren't their biggest fans. They alienated themselves hardcore.

Stick them together in some type of demon rumbling duo. Have characters from Limbo/wherever come to earth and they deal with it. I'd at least give that a shot. Or have them go Dark X-men route with Magneto, Emma, Colossus, Magik and Danger. It's strange that we haven't seen any of these characters showing up after AvX. There's no way they're all dying. I'm willing to bet they're going to a title we don't know about yet.

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RScottH08

I like Colossus, and he'll always be a favorite of mine, I just don't think he would be to good in a solo. I'm already distanced from the character in general as is, cause I really don't like him as Juggs.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry: Meh, I can see the idea in theory could work but isn't something on paper that I would like to see executed. Colossus and Magik are already a ridiculously powerful combo, however, they just aren't people I can see working on their own for an extended series. I mean they can have a mini or something like protecting Russia from threats or as you said some Limbo demon/zombie whatever. But I can't see them working for extended periods. It would be like.

• Colossus broods, Magik talks.
    • Cue Limbo demon or Russian supervillain
    • Juggs out, duo beats them.
    • Broods some more.
    • Reset story next issue or 2.

Colossus is likable, however, I don't see many dynamics they can utilize with the two and his personality to me would just get stale after awhile. I've always considered him like the Hulk, I like them better on teams. I don't mind Hulk, I like him a bit but the core story hasn't really changed for the character for like 50 years and look at how they managed to have Hulk survive. 50 years and he has a dozen personalities, finally has kids, faced most of the same icons over and over. The Hulk is just such an icon he can survive on that, Colossus and Magik could not. They are likable but just lack that it factor. I could say the same thing for me and Cyclops. I love Cyke, he is my favorite character, but can I see a sustained series with him? Nope. Minis probably but not a series. They aren't Wolverine or Gambit when it comes to that type of thing.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: I see your point on how things could get stale, but we'd have to assume the writers could do it properly in order to make it sustainable, right? At least I would hope they'd be capable of putting a product out that would sell. So, I'll have to hope for a new team book involving members of the P5/Extinction team. Either that or keep him on Wood's book, but I have no idea if that's even going to be around.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @RScottH08 said:

I like Colossus, and he'll always be a favorite of mine, I just don't think he would be to good in a solo. I'm already distanced from the character in general as is, cause I really don't like him as Juggs.

I also don't care for him as Juggs either since he's pretty much taking another identity from a character who had the Cyttorak powers for a long time.  If Marvel wanted to make Colossus more interesting, then they could have amp up his personality and character a bit.
    LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LoganX360

I could see it , Colossus indeed is the Real ironman , as for cyttorak , be kewl if the phoenix force cracks open cyttorak free & cyt becomes an actual being outside of the crystal & goes fetch villains trapped hidden in earth no one knew about . & that could probably set the real ironman Colossus to his own spin-off or recruitment to another X-men team but not in san fran i dont wanna see Xmen in pink uniforms .

moclab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By moclab

@LoganX360: agreed no pink

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @LoganX360 said:

I could see it , Colossus indeed is the Real ironman , as for cyttorak , be kewl if the phoenix force cracks open cyttorak free & cyt becomes an actual being outside of the crystal & goes fetch villains trapped hidden in earth no one knew about . & that could probably set the real ironman Colossus to his own spin-off or recruitment to another X-men team but not in san fran i dont wanna see Xmen in pink uniforms .

This is a great idea!!! I would definitely love to see Cyttorak actually become an actual being that causes chaos on Earth and only Colossus and Magik could try to stop them! Also, it would be interesting to see them in another X-Men team.
    allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By allthatsgeek

: Way to be forward thinking there buddy.

On topic: I don't really see Colossus striking out as a vigilante, he's just never been that type. He's always been a familial, teamwork type.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rickbarry

Well, he could very well be changing his tune in regards to having his own thing to do. The solicits a month or so ago has him following his own agenda and possibly leaving that team to do his own thing.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

Well, he could very well be changing his tune in regards to having his own thing to do. The solicits a month or so ago has him following his own agenda and possibly leaving that team to do his own thing.

I wonder what Colossus will do afterwards?
    allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By allthatsgeek

@Rickbarry: Yaknow, you do raise a good point there. Truth be told, solo-or team, I'm just hoping that he's IN the Marvel U post AvX

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @allthatsgeek said:

@Rickbarry: Yaknow, you do raise a good point there. Truth be told, solo-or team, I'm just hoping that he's IN the Marvel U post AvX

Me too.
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rickbarry

I haven't a clue, but I think I put an interview out that one should keep their ears peeled for Colossus. That seems to suggest that he's doing something significant. It's probably related to what happens at the end of Uncanny or adjectiveless X-men.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By allthatsgeek

"SJNeal offered up a challenge asking, "In 3 words or less, can you give us any clues as to the NOW! status of the following characters?: Wonder Man, Mockingbird, Dr. Strange and Colossus.

Alonso: Challenge accepted, SJNeal:

Wonder Man: (1) Joins, (2) Big, (3) Team.

Mockingbird: (1) Less, (2) Face, (3) Time.

Dr. Strange: (1) Believe, (2) In, (3) Magic.

Colossus: (1) Keep, (2) Ears, (3) Peeled."

AND THEN:

In a broad sense, Prince Of Orphans wanted to know, "Will the Marvel NOW! initiative give us any solo titles not currently ongoing?"

Alonso: But of course. Keep you ears peeled.

Could this be a case of re-using the same buzz-words to skirt the issue? OR could AA have been dropping a major hint? OR: Aliens.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rickbarry

I'm watching Knowing. It's a horrible movie that involves aliens. I'm going with Aliens.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@allthatsgeek: Axel has been spoiling some things for post-AvX. So it might have merit to it. Or yeah, it is just a rehashing of words.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Okay, now I'm getting interested...

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: Axel is the same guy that spoiled the upcoming Uncanny X-force arc, right? He posted pics of Genesis in Apoc gear. Bahahaha.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry: No idea. Remender generally handles all X-Force stuff from what I know.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Mercy_

@LoganX360 said:

not in san fran i dont wanna see Xmen in pink uniforms .

What does this even mean?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: It might have been Remender. Either way they spoiled their next arc totally. He looked rather lame in the gear.

@Mercy_: The only thing I can think of is he thinks San Fran is a feminie type town? It never seemed that way when I visited. Although it's colder than what you'd think.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mercy_: He's saying San Francisco is a fruity town. Which I find ironic with his pink costume comment since they have been living outside of San Fran and have visited the city plenty of times in the last 3-4 years since moving to Utopia and the most pink seen is Pixie's hair.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Rabbitearsblog: add a cape too, just like when he became an Acolyte

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@jhazzroucher said:

@Rabbitearsblog: add a cape too, just like when he became an Acolyte

Hmmm...a cape...

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By AgeofHurricane

If Colossus gets a series, let Wood write it.

Peace.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@AgeofHurricane said:

If Colossus gets a series, let Wood write it.

Peace.

Definitely!

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By allthatsgeek

@jhazzroucher: This. The Acolyte uniform was a damn cool look for him IMO.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rickbarry

Are we sure there are more titles coming down the pipe? Are we hoping for a title when they're not even releasing one? These images of All-New X-men as well as the latest issue of AvX were horrible.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By allthatsgeek

@Rickbarry: I concur. This series has been one long downward spiral. Also, I'm REALLY not sold on the state of the X-folk in Marvel NOW!.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Rickbarry

@allthatsgeek: The X-men are suffering over the past couple years. Some of my favorite characters have either disappeared or died. Kurt biting the big one stunk and whomever dies at the end of AvX is likely one of my favorites as well. Now some of these mutants are missing from the previews for the upcoming relaunch. Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Colossus and Magik. This is literally my list of likable characters in the X-verse...Bishop as well, but he's MIA at the moment. It's to the point where I might follow writers instead of these new rosters in Marvel Now. I'm sure Gillen will do awesome on Iron Man. It's in my cross hairs.

On an unrelated noted I found this psych ward article on Colossus. They have many other mutants/characters on there as well. Give it a peek. http://marvel.com/news/story/18877/psych_ward_colossus_revisited

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @allthatsgeek said:

@Rickbarry: I concur. This series has been one long downward spiral. Also, I'm REALLY not sold on the state of the X-folk in Marvel NOW!.

Me either. I think I will give up on all X-Titles after AvX and just stick to the older stories for now on until they get better again.
    moclab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By moclab

the only way i see colossus going vigilante is if they did like with Nightcrawler and pulled an alternate version over like either AoA who is sadly dead or the Colossus from Reborn both have the issues to become vigilantes but i don't see them doing so

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By allthatsgeek

Defenders is ending.....Doc Strange should be available....Colossus needs some help with magical beings....

A Dr. Strange/Colossus/Magik book would be AWESOME. Could we maybe be getting a magic based team book? Wishful thinking?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @allthatsgeek said:

Defenders is ending.....Doc Strange should be available....Colossus needs some help with magical beings....

A Dr. Strange/Colossus/Magik book would be AWESOME. Could we maybe be getting a magic based team book? Wishful thinking?

That would be a great idea! I like to see more magic series in the future!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.