Was Colossus ever scary?

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I've posted this before, but it must have gotten deleted somehow... anyway, what moments do you think that Colossus was really frightening whenever he gets mad. Here are two moments that I remembered Colossus being scary:

1. Colossus beating up Ord

2. Colossus snapping Riptide's neck

#2 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7480 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing scary is the artwork of Colossus' face when he yells 'of RAGE!'

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Yeah! I actually thought that the scene where he beats up Ord was awesome, but his facial expression in beating him up makes him look so scary.

#4 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7480 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Yeah! I actually thought that the scene where he beats up Ord was awesome, but his facial expression in beating him up makes him look so scary.

Well actually I meant........ah, nevermind.

#5 Edited by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

In a very early story arc after being introduced—X-Men #124Colossus was brainwashed into turning against the X-Men as a part of his duty to Soviet Russia. It was actually Arcade or something, not the Soviets, but he donned the suit of the "Proletarian" and attacked everyone. Here's the cover:

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Well actually I meant........ah, nevermind.

Oh what did you meant?

#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

wasn't he teamed with Apocalypse at one point?

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

I remembered that he teamed up with Magneto once, but I'm not sure about Apocalypse.

#9 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Kallarkz said:

I remembered that he teamed up with Magneto once, but I'm not sure about Apocalypse.

Colossus was once an Acolyte.

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Kallarkz said:

Colossus was once an Acolyte.

Yep.

#11 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

The artwork looks like he's making a guest appearance on Ren and Stimpy.

#12 Edited by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O Um he recently grabbed sinister's head and squashed it like a grape and didn't think twice lol

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

AoA he was pretty scary.

AoA Earth 295
#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

The artwork looks like he's making a guest appearance on Ren and Stimpy.

LOL!!

#15 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Id say the moment where he snapped riptide's neck. Colossus has some unexplored problems. Actually surprised that Prof X hasn't psyche evaluated him

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@lectriccolossus said:

Id say the moment where he snapped riptide's neck. Colossus has some unexplored problems. Actually surprised that Prof X hasn't psyche evaluated him

I've wondered if any of the writers ever explored more into Colossus' rage problems? It seems like a huge part of his personality and yet, it was never explored fully as I would like.

#17 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't really a huge part of his personality. Considering his size and strength he was actually pretty calm for most of his life. He was the stable one in the X-Men most of the time Even when he was an Acolyte he didn't get angry often. Everyone gets angry sometimes.

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

It isn't really a huge part of his personality. Considering his size and strength he was actually pretty calm for most of his life. He was the stable one in the X-Men most of the time Even when he was an Acolyte he didn't get angry often. Everyone gets angry sometimes.

Oh yeah, he is always the gentle one in the group and the only times I see him get angry is if his loved ones are harmed, which is not bad, especially if you were in that situation.

#19 Posted by CATPANEXE (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember the issue just this moment, long night. But it was in Excaliber. This was right around where Kurt and Amanda were an item, as well Pete Wisdom just came into the fold as a character and things were brewing between him and Kitty. So around the Onslaught give or take. Colossus shows up enraged and he takes some damage and beats up Pete very badly. The issue depicted him to look and act like an enraged Frankensteins monster. I'd read him a bit as a character with issues, but the way they portrayed and how childishly unjustified he was in this issue came off as very scary.

- Omission: used the power of Google, it was Excaliber #92 that I'm talking about.

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

I don't remember the issue just this moment, long night. But it was in Excaliber. This was right around where Kurt and Amanda were an item, as well Pete Wisdom just came into the fold as a character and things were brewing between him and Kitty. So around the Onslaught give or take. Colossus shows up enraged and he takes some damage and beats up Pete very badly. The issue depicted him to look and act like an enraged Frankensteins monster. I'd read him a bit as a character with issues, but the way they portrayed and how childishly unjustified he was in this issue came off as very scary.

- Omission: used the power of Google, it was Excaliber #92 that I'm talking about.

Oh yeah, that scene was really scary. They made him seem so out of character in that issue, but then again, they stated he was sick, so I'm not sure.

#21 Posted by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo! We all know Colossus got an upgrade and is now the new Colossernaut. Does this mean his Juggernaut powers are in addition to his original mutant power? If yes, does this mean he can kick the crap out of Jesus and the Queen of England?

For the former, Yes. For the latter, to be disclosed in the forthcoming COLOSSUS VERSUS JESUS AND THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND mini.

He is supposed to be scary now. It's confirmed, he has Cain's power + his own cl 100 power. He is supposed to be one of the most powerful individuals on the planet. I hope we get to see that soon.

#22 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

Yo! We all know Colossus got an upgrade and is now the new Colossernaut. Does this mean his Juggernaut powers are in addition to his original mutant power? If yes, does this mean he can kick the crap out of Jesus and the Queen of England?

For the former, Yes. For the latter, to be disclosed in the forthcoming COLOSSUS VERSUS JESUS AND THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND mini.

He is supposed to be scary now. It's confirmed, he has Cain's power + his own cl 100 power. He is supposed to be one of the most powerful individuals on the planet. I hope we get to see that soon.

Yeah! I wonder what he will be like once he lets loose with his Juggernaut powers?

#23 Posted by D3athstroke (3905 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes in ultimate verse

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke said:

Yes in ultimate verse

You mean ultimate colossus?

#25 Posted by D3athstroke (3905 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@D3athstroke said:

Yes in ultimate verse

Yep

#26 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@D3athstroke said:

Yes in ultimate verse

Yep

Oh yeah, he was definitely tougher in that universe.

#27 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus has always been a gentle giant. He only gets scary when someone hurts someone he loves.

#28 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beerhappy said:

Colossus has always been a gentle giant. He only gets scary when someone hurts someone he loves.

Yeah, especially when it concerns Illyana, he can get pretty intense about that.

#29 Posted by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction confirms that Thor is alive and up to "cosmic colossal shenanigans" during Avengers vs. X-Men. I wonder is this means a Colossus vs Thor fight is in the works.

#30 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

He was scary in Ultimate when he was gay and all over Wolverine.

Hehe, sorry, had to do it. The mutant massacre Colossus comes to mind. AoA Colossus was also more menacing.

#31 Posted by shorttyler (1 posts) - - Show Bio

These are all the pictures of the Shadow King compelling Colossus to attack Xavier and Stevie during the Muir Island Saga. Pretty scary stuff, especially since he was on fire and just as resourceful and courageous in his attack as his fair-minded X-Men trained counterpart.

#32 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@shorttyler said:

These are all the pictures of the Shadow King compelling Colossus to attack Xavier and Stevie during the Muir Island Saga. Pretty scary stuff, especially since he was on fire and just as resourceful and courageous in his attack as his fair-minded X-Men trained counterpart.

Man...Colossus does look scary in those images!
#33 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah! The moment where Colossus smashes a general's head in Ultimate X-Men 10 was pretty intense.

#34 Posted by gwilburn12 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: What issue is this where Colossus beats up Ord?

#35 Posted by cbishop (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, Colossus killing Riptide in Mutant Massacre is the defining moment of him being scary. That was the shock moment, because he had not been the killer up to that point. Later, Wolverine even thinks that it shouldn't have been Peter, because killing is usually up to him or Storm. To me, Colossus killing Riptide was the moment that showed just how serious the Mutant Massacre was. The phrase wasn't around then, but it was like, "Sh*t just got real." lol

#36 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@gwilburn12 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: What issue is this where Colossus beats up Ord?

It was in Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men" in the Gifted arc. I think it was either issue 5 or 6 of the Gifted arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.