Ultimate Colossus?

#1 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know what happened to Ultimate Colossus? Last time I saw him was in Ultimate Comics X-Men #10, did he get killed somewhere that I missed or did he take President Cap's Cure?

#2 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@RaggedScarecrow said:

Does anyone know what happened to Ultimate Colossus? Last time I saw him was in Ultimate Comics X-Men #10, did he get killed somewhere that I missed or did he take President Cap's Cure?

It was strongly hinted that Colossus has been roped into becoming one of the four horsemen of Apocalypse. His fate is tied with Havok it would seem. Besides he wouldn't take the cure. He used to take stuff to enhance his mutation. He wouldn't just get rid of it.

#3 Posted by Crackdown (610 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@RaggedScarecrow said:

It was strongly hinted that Colossus has been roped into becoming one of the four horsemen of Apocalypse. His fate is tied with Havok it would seem. Besides he wouldn't take the cure. He used to take stuff to enhance his mutation. He wouldn't just get rid of it.

I believe he took Banshee not to enhance his mutation, but rather to help with it. His metal arms were too heavy for him to move, the Banshee gave him the super-strength he needed to move

#4 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crackdown said:

@Rickbarry said:

@RaggedScarecrow said:

I believe he took Banshee not to enhance his mutation, but rather to help with it. His metal arms were too heavy for him to move, the Banshee gave him the super-strength he needed to move

True, but I believe it was stated that he no longer needed the drug. So he continued taking it whenever he needed an extra lil boost. Defeating Alpha Flight, Sub rescue etc.

#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Comics X-Men #23 will feature a one-shot story centered around Storm and her endeavors after the Camp Angel disaster, which should also include Colossus to some extent. Written by Brian Wood, the only guy since Whedon to write Colossus with a fully functioning brain.

#6 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Ultimate Comics X-Men #23 will feature a one-shot story centered around Storm and her endeavors after the Camp Angel disaster, which should also include Colossus to some extent. Written by Brian Wood, the only guy since Whedon to write Colossus with a fully functioning brain.

No kidding? I'm happy to hear that he might make an appearance as his absence was odd. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up dead/brought back to sinister. I do love Wood, but his Kitty centered arc here is grinding my gears.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: I like to imagine he's doing the same thing in his Adjectiveless run but in full throttle, having the story focus around a lead-female. It probably wasn't as evident during that run because it lasted for only 8 issues, but you get the gist. I don't mind it, even though he has only been focusing on Kitty since like the beginning of his run, at least he's managed to give other characters and guest-stars appropriate panel time, as opposed to what Rogue was in Legacy. Wait it out.

#8 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry: I like to imagine he's doing the same thing in his Adjectiveless run but in full throttle, having the story focus around a lead-female. It probably wasn't as evident during that run because it lasted for only 8 issues, but you get the gist. I don't mind it, even though he has only been focusing on Kitty since like the beginning of his run, at least he's managed to give other characters and guest-stars appropriate panel time, as opposed to what Rogue was in Legacy. Wait it out.

I'm certainly not against a female lead, but there's just something about the camp storyline that isn't working for me. I've no idea if it's the complete and utter focus on Kitty (she's good in the book...aside from the Jimmy romance. Wolverine clone=meh). Hopefully it'll branch out sooner than later so we can enjoy some of the other core characters here. Rogue actually interests me in this universe.

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Whale Legs!

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Ultimate Colossus will ever show up in the stories again...

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

He will probably going to be a villain somewhere down the road though.

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Probably, if they ever get back to that storyline...

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm sure he will. Wood seems to be in this for the long run and seems to be lining stories within stories similar to the way Claremont used to.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm sure he will. Wood seems to be in this for the long run and seems to be lining stories within stories similar to the way Claremont used to.

That's great to hear!!!

#15 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

That's great to hear!!!

I've enjoyed how he has stories lying in wake it really brings back a classic X-Men feel to it ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.