The Unstoppable Colossus

#1 Posted by TheFallenOne (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

So the word was right . Juggy losses his power (at least his Cyttorak's powers). I hope that Cyttorak finally get pissed of his avatar becoming Kuurth and strips him of his power, but maybe Kuurth done somthing which enraged both Cyttorak and Serpent, and Cyttorak stripped him from his Ruby. 

All credit for this scan goes to user -K-M- from KMC forums
#2 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Oy. The teaser art was much better than this.

#3 Edited by awesomex (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree the teaser was much better.
#4 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

" I'm the Juggernaut, Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukaaaaa!!!!!! "

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (84155 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus with the Power of Cytorrak?

How strong would that make him?

This could be interesting.

#6 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@awesomex said:

Agree the teaser was much better.
Ugh, Leave Juggy alone already.
#7 Posted by nadral (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like this is going to have a connection to whatever Loki's been up to in Journey into Mystery. The whole 'do what needs to be done' is pretty much on the same line of thought, and we've seen colossus do crazy things to get shit done before.

Also has anyone else ever had a whole arc as the juggernaut before? Because I don't think anyone has.

#8 Posted by awesomex (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Men Series Ends
#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@awesomex
yea i saw, i think this will be interesting but that was my favorite x-men comic. Im not going to pick up two different ones. 

As for Colossus taking over where Juggs left. Im very excited and cant wait to read this
#10 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing can stop the Juggernaut...........except Vodka.

#11 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the Juggernaut, biz-Nietzsche! 

Yeah, I know, Nietzsche was German, not Russian...

#12 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Kitty be pleased?
#13 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@madrid_san: hopefully she'll resolidify in time that she can rub his helmet- his JUGGERNAUT helmet, of course!
#14 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy said:
@madrid_san: hopefully she'll resolidify in time that she can rub his helmet- his JUGGERNAUT helmet, of course!

U mean she's gonna rub his JUGGS....??
#15 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

Colossus with the Power of Cytorrak?

How strong would that make him?

This could be interesting.

Good question!    According to the Mavel database Colussus has class 75 strength (able to life/press up to 75 tons.)  I thought he was stronger, but oh well.  They don't say what class strength The Juggernaut has but it's always been implied that he's nearly as strong as The Hulk (not the enraged Hulk) so he has to be close to class 100 strength...

So, if Colossus is granted the power of the Juggernaut, do their strengths add?  do they multiply?  (That would be INSANELY powerful...)

What I'm wondering is, does this mean Colossus is turning evil?  Cyttorak grants the power of the Juggernaut to 'the one' who will serve him by being a ruthless force of chaos...  So...What's up with that?
#16 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

actually Colossus is a 100 tonner.
#17 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@madrid_san said:
I thought so too, but I actually looked it up in Marvel's data base before I posted that last comment...  Can you find something that states that he's class 100?  He certainly SHOULD be!!!
#18 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@madrid_san said:
I thought so too, but I actually looked it up in Marvel's data base before I posted that last comment...  Can you find something that states that he's class 100?  He certainly SHOULD be!!!
Colossus was a 70 tonner more when he was a teenager.  
I don't think he has been considered being that low since he was upgraded by Magneto. 
Marvel has Colossus officially as in the Class 100 category.
#19 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
@Timandm said:
@madrid_san said:
Colossus was a 70 tonner more when he was a teenager.  I don't think he has been considered being that low since he was upgraded by Magneto. Marvel has Colossus officially as in the Class 100 category.
Yep, you're right!  I just looked it up again... Don't know what I was reading.  This time I double checked to make sure it was the MARVEL data base...   Thanks!

Strength level

Class 100 strength, currently Piotr is strong enough to and has been shown to lift in excess of 100 tons. As a teenager he was not as strong and could lift about 70 tons. Also even without transforming into his metal form Piotr possesses the strength of a human of similar age and build who engages in regular extensive exercise, as a result he can lift up to twice his body weight . Piotr can press lift 700 lbs in his normal form.
#20 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Hulk would take a rematch? Let's see who bends who now.

#21 Posted by fedykin87 (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@Kallarkz said:
@Timandm said:
@madrid_san said:
Colossus was a 70 tonner more when he was a teenager.  I don't think he has been considered being that low since he was upgraded by Magneto. Marvel has Colossus officially as in the Class 100 category.
Yep, you're right!  I just looked it up again... Don't know what I was reading.  This time I double checked to make sure it was the MARVEL data base...   Thanks!

Strength level

Class 100 strength, currently Piotr is strong enough to and has been shown to lift in excess of 100 tons. As a teenager he was not as strong and could lift about 70 tons. Also even without transforming into his metal form Piotr possesses the strength of a human of similar age and build who engages in regular extensive exercise, as a result he can lift up to twice his body weight . Piotr can press lift 700 lbs in his normal form.
The 70 tons as a teenager thing cracks me up whenever I actually remember those issues. I remember him armwrestling and going one to one with Thing back then which was the same time Thing and Hulk had all kinds of fights and the whole 'whose stronger' thing was  in full flare which would mean he was as strong as Thing even then. Also through in that he went all out with Gladiator during the Dark Phoenix bits and was pretty dead even with him too haha. About time though that marvel finally did put him in class 100 officially he's been doing feats in that range for years and years even up to now.
#22 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@fedykin87 said:
@Timandm said:
@Kallarkz said:
@Timandm said:
@madrid_san said:

Strength level

The 70 tons as a teenager thing cracks me up whenever I actually remember those issues. I remember him armwrestling and going one to one with Thing back then which was the same time Thing and Hulk had all kinds of fights and the whole 'whose stronger' thing was  in full flare which would mean he was as strong as Thing even then. Also through in that he went all out with Gladiator during the Dark Phoenix bits and was pretty dead even with him too haha. About time though that marvel finally did put him in class 100 officially he's been doing feats in that range for years and years even up to now.
70 tons for him as a teenager actually makes a good deal of sense...  If he were class 100 as a teenager how strong would he be now?

When Ben Grimm first became The Thing he was actually very weak compared to how he is today.  I believe he was only capable of lifting FIVE FREAKING TONS...  Now, this was back in the sixties... A LONG time ago.  Even in the 80s (the timeframe when Peter was a teenager) The Thing still wasn't in the same Class as The Hulk but he was getting much closer.  Sure he used to fight The Hulk, but never won.  Colossus did go all out with the Gladiator, and although it destroyed everything around them, it wasn't that difficult a victory for Gladiator.  It was sad seeing Gladiator carry Colossus unconscious body from the rubble.

Even though Marvel has officially stated that Colossus has class 100 strength, I feel they still don't write him that way often enough.  I'd like to see him used for more than just throwing Wolverine (although I do enjoy that.)  Perhaps, we're finally about to see Colossus as a real powerhouse...
#23 Posted by crazy8504 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see it, but my question is does he need the juggernaut attire?  I know it prevents psionic attacks but couldn't cyttorak alter colossus's organic metal to do the same thing as the helmet. That would be an interesting twist making it harder to subdue the new juggernaut. since it would be an extension of colossus.

#24 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@crazy8504 said:
I can't wait to see it, but my question is does he need the juggernaut attire?  I know it prevents psionic attacks but couldn't cyttorak alter colossus's organic metal to do the same thing as the helmet. That would be an interesting twist making it harder to subdue the new juggernaut. since it would be an extension of colossus.
eh..as far as Juggernaut dress code goes..."it's Cytoraks world, your just living it"
#25 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus jumped a few notches in the power rankings in MU. I'm so excited for this I love Colossus & Juggernaut so the two becoming 1 is cool as hell
#26 Posted by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

The power of the Juggernaut is just getting trvialized to holy hell everywhere I look.  In Fear Itself, the Juggernaut is upgraded into...The Juggernaut.  Now Collossus has to become the new Juggernaut because the old Juggernaut decided to become The Juggernaut instead.  Even in Shattered Dimensions, it's the same thing.  The Juggernaut gets a mystical artifact and gets upgraded into...the regular Juggernaut. 

I mean good lord, this is just ridiculous.  Even classic Juggernaut was more powerful than this Kurth thing, so what's the big freaking deal? 

Anyways, point being, why do we need a new juggernaut?  Hopefully this is just temporary until Cain gets the hammer taken away from him so he turns back into the juggernaut minus a hammer.

#27 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio
@Degalon
Cyttorak is getting tossed around more than a hot potatoe
#28 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope this isn't temporary. I want it to last for a while.

#29 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

this is going to be AWESOME!!! PLUS the possibility of HULK VS UC? OH YEAH

#30 Posted by GLforHIRE (453 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion
right now hulk has a hammer and is getting roughed up by thor 

my question is, how does cain still have a hammer without his powers? how is he still considered worthy to weild the hammer when he should just be a normal guy now
#31 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

can I just say that I thoroughly dislike the Cyttorak armor on Piotr. the rusty panels clash with his sleek, steel skin.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.