I know I'm not the most well read comic fan on this site, but am I alone in thinking that Colossus has had the worst things happen to him over the past 15 or so years in comics? It literally seems like most writers seem fine with the whole idea of 'nice guys finish last' and who better does that apply to than Colossus? I know there are other characters that are dealing with problems. Psylocke comes to mind almost immediately as she's had to deal with what happened to Angel and shortly thereafter Fantomex. So, I'm going to run through the list of what the big guy has gone through some of the more key things that have happened to Piotr. I'll focus mainly on the last fifteen years, but there are a few things that happened before that probably should be listed.
- Parents are murdered by the Russian government
- Illyana contracts the Legacy virus and dies after a prolonged battle with the disease.
- Colossus, distraught over his sister, sacrifices himself in order to create a useable vaccine for the legacy virus.
- Is revived and kept in captivity/tortured by Ord from 2001-2006. (That's gotta be a year or so in the comic timeline, eh?)
- Inadvertently rescued by X-men and reunited with Kitty. Only to have her taken away by being stuck in the huge bullet.
- Entire bloodline is wiped out by Sinister. Zero family.
- Best friend Kurt is killed. (Kurt was the biggest loser here.)
- Kitty returns, but unable to communicate due to whatever was up with her.
- Sacrifices himself to save Utopia/San Fran by becoming Juggs.
- Kitty immediately leaves him and starts relationship with Bobby around two issues later. (Way to make me dislike her, Aaron.)
- Possessed by Phoenix Force and hangs out with whales that happen to have crab legs. (His only friends at the moment.)
- This spot is reserved for whatever happens to him at the end of Uncanny. I'm sure it will be bad.
Did I happen to miss anything? Anyone feel like there's another active X-man/woman that's had it as bad as ol' Petey or even worse?
Note: This curse applies to Illyana as well.