Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7593 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Should Colossus keep his Juggernaut powers?

• 56 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Hopefully, more character development will come for Colossus if he kept the powers. Maybe having his own miniseries about this event would help.

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Tigerstriper

Colossus becoming Juggernaut deserves a new Yakov Smirnoff joke.

In Soviet Russia, Colossus is the Juggernaut b!%#&

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By butterflykyss

@The Stegman said:

@TheCrowbar:

The power he got was a thirst for destruction and being unstoppable it's actually explicit in Fear Itself that he doesn't get stronger. I think he should keep the powers just because Colossus has been shatted on for awhile now, I think it's time he reached his tipping point and blew some stuff up.

I honestly think giving Colosus this power is just Marvel's way of making him relevant again, it feels cheap to me

I agree with this, he seemed to just be an after thought, but with this upgrade (which I like) it makes his character a little more interesting.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Soulstealer
    No Caption Provided

I'm sorry folks, but I have to disagree. I love the helm when it's drawn right.

The recent depictions in Uncanny are awesome to me especially seeing as it seems this artist at least takes into account that Colossus could potentially start being effected by the crimson gem physically.

I guess what I'm saying is that I support huge Pete!

He just makes that group look amazing and you get the full impact of the X-tinction team from the above panel.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Kallarkz said:

I believe that they will allow him to keep these powers for a while. Although Colossus was powerful without the Juggernaut boosting him, he would look rather...small compared to the other members of this current team if he were to lose them. Their whole premise of "this team could look Gods in the eye and make them blink" suggest that the writers are really into building up the power side of this team as a whole. They have been smart though in not making Colossus as powerful as Cain Marko was though as we have seen him get injured. Also the idea of making him have to will himself to access the Juggernauts power was a good addition. Colossus might become a threat later on but I do not seen them resolving the situation by killing off his character. (hopefully). He adds a lot to the book and without him at the moment their own melee fighter would be Namor o.O.

As long as the writing is good, I'm good. Although I am waiting till issue 5 to put this book on my official pull list. I want to ensure the consistency of the writing before I commit to a Marvel book these days.

I agree! As long as the writing is really good, then I'll buy into this. I really hope that they don't plan to kill him off if he loses control of the powers. There's so many good stories to be told about him after this that they should keep in mind.

Avatar image for marve1captaincarnage
    Marve1CaptainCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Rabbitearsblog: yeah that would be really bad ass

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.