Should Colossus keep his Juggernaut powers?

• 56 results
#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think that Colossus should keep his new powers as the next Juggernaut? I personally think he should because we would be able to see how he deals with his dark side and there would be more character development with his character. Also, he might possibly get stronger with his new powers.

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

The power he got was a thirst for destruction and being unstoppable it's actually explicit in Fear Itself that he doesn't get stronger. I think he should keep the powers just because Colossus has been shatted on for awhile now, I think it's time he reached his tipping point and blew some stuff up.

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

The power he got was a thirst for destruction and being unstoppable it's actually explicit in Fear Itself that he doesn't get stronger. I think he should keep the powers just because Colossus has been shatted on for awhile now, I think it's time he reached his tipping point and blew some stuff up.

I really want to see Colossus actually get angry for once, but I still want him to retain his gentle nature also so that way, his character hasn't changed completely, but he can still kick butt on a regular basis!

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

it states in fear itself that his strength does not increase at all?? o.O

Where was that?

#5 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him better as plain ol' Colossus. He just needs a Black suit like in the X-men movies because the old underwear/thigh-high boot thing is bad. Very bad.

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:

@TheCrowbar said:

Where was that?

His internal monologue when he's pushing back the Juggernaut.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather if "Juggernaut" didn't exist at all.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess this all depends on how the writers write this situation. If the writers have Colossus keep his powers and still remain the same gentle giant he was well-known for, but has to deal with a destructive power, then I'm for it, but if the writers won't take the time to expand on Colossus' struggles with the new powers and just make him an emotionless character in the long run, then I'm against it.

#9 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm okay with him keeping the internal struggle, but I really wish he'd lose the helmet.

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I'm okay with him keeping the internal struggle, but I really wish he'd lose the helmet.

Me too! That helmet makes him look so weird...

#11 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheCrowbar said:

Where was that?

I lent the comic but I do not recall reading him stating that his strength had not increased. o.O

#12 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I've seen him on covers with the helmets but inside the comics from previews I have seen he is not juggernaut bulk nor does he have the helmet on but he is bald

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I've seen him on covers with the helmets but inside the comics from previews I have seen he is not juggernaut bulk nor does he have the helmet on but he is bald

Hmmm...that's great to hear! I was hoping that he would still look the same, but maybe have red lightning moving around his body so that way it would indicate his new dark powers.

#14 Posted by The Stegman (24429 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar:  

I honestly think giving Colosus this power is just Marvel's way of making him relevant again, it feels cheap to me  
#15 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@TheCrowbar:  

I honestly think giving Colosus this power is just Marvel's way of making him relevant again, it feels cheap to me  
It is and it isn't. The way it's currently being handled is really interesting. Poor Colossus has given so much to mutantkind and he's really never explored how he feels about all that's happened to him. I think this is there way of starting to do that. But when a piss poor writer gets a hold of the series I think we can all agree it's going to become Hulk-lite.
#16 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

Hmmm...that's great to hear! I was hoping that he would still look the same, but maybe have red lightning moving around his body so that way it would indicate his new dark powers.

here are some pics of him in a preview coming up. have to scroll down a bit:

http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/65-3173/preview-x-men-20/92-638935/#30

#17 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@The Stegman said:
@TheCrowbar:

I honestly think giving Colosus this power is just Marvel's way of making him relevant again, it feels cheap to me
It is and it isn't. The way it's currently being handled is really interesting. Poor Colossus has given so much to mutantkind and he's really never explored how he feels about all that's happened to him. I think this is there way of starting to do that. But when a piss poor writer gets a hold of the series I think we can all agree it's going to become Hulk-lite.

I agree! It really depends on who's writing this story and I really do think that this is an interesting way in exploring about Colossus' feelings on the whole experience and how taking on the powers of the Juggernaut will affect him as a character. I also loved the way that Colossus mentioned that he viewed destruction as a work of art since he is an artist and he loves to draw, so that's a great start to developing his feelings on taking on such dangerous powers.

#18 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I've read some things with him in it where he didn't have the helmet on, but none of them were action scenes. When he fought Cain Marko as Kuurth he was wearing the helmet. I'm pretty sure he mystically gains the helmet when he "juggernauts out", but he doesn't gain any bulk. I do like the bald look for him, especially since I usually shave my own head.

#19 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheCrowbar said:

Where was that?

I lent the comic but I do not recall reading him stating that his strength had not increased. o.O

What he actually said was that he wasn't any stronger than Kuurth, but that the reason he was able to overpower him because he was now "unstoppable". So he did definitely gain Juggernaut's power to be unstoppable. Also, since Cain Marko's strength was probably much higher as Kuurth than as Juggernaut, Colossus may have gained considerable physical strength as well. His strength level hasn't really been, though.

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheCrowbar said:

Where was that?

What he actually said was that he wasn't any stronger than Kuurth, but that the reason he was able to overpower him because he was now "unstoppable". So he did definitely gain Juggernaut's power to be unstoppable. Also, since Cain Marko's strength was probably much higher as Kuurth than as Juggernaut, Colossus may have gained considerable physical strength as well. His strength level hasn't really been, though.

To be honest, I don't mind Colossus being bald, it's the helmet that I'm worried about since he looks tacky with it on.

#21 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: He isn't physically big enough to look good with it, it's nearly as wide as his shoulders. If he's going to have it he needs to be Juggernaut sized. I wish he had the knuckle guards too.

#22 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

@Rabbitearsblog: He isn't physically big enough to look good with it, it's nearly as wide as his shoulders. If he's going to have it he needs to be Juggernaut sized. I wish he had the knuckle guards too.

Yeah I agree! Colossus is not as large as Cain Marko was when he was the Juggernaut, so the helmet does look a bit tacky on him since he is not large enough to carry that helmet.

#23 Edited by chiq (1965 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind that he has a helmet on, I just wish they would streamline it more like his AOA version or a helmet similar to Captain Britain w/o the british color scheme of course. I think the new power definitely made him much more interesting. I'm pretty sure more people are talking about him now...

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

I don't mind that he has a helmet on, I just wish they would streamline it more like his AOA version or a helmet similar to Captain Britain w/o the british color scheme of course. I think the new power definitely made him much more interesting. I'm pretty sure more people are talking about him now...

Yeah! I've noticed that Colossus is starting to get a little more popular lately!

#25 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so from what I read in Uncanny X-men #1 today it appears that Colossus does have to "Juggernaut Out" in order to gain Cyttoraks powers (though he is looking buffer than usual).

He got smacked down by a machine with a hole in his chest and stated that he "needed to be the Juggernaut" and transformed. Also there did appear to be some attitude change when he transformed. Seems like he does have to constantly maintain his gentle nature when he is in "juggernaut form".

#26 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

According what Kieron Gillen said from his formspring, Magik would be the one to help her brother go through with his dark side, and she had experiences with the dark side aspect before.

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@244 said:

According what Kieron Gillen said from his formspring, Magik would be the one to help her brother go through with his dark side, and she had experiences with the dark side aspect before.

That's great! I always wanted to see more of a relationship between Magik and Colossus! Hopefully they will give us more relationship scenes between Colossus and Magik in the current comics!

#28 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@244 said:

That's great! I always wanted to see more of a relationship between Magik and Colossus! Hopefully they will give us more relationship scenes between Colossus and Magik in the current comics!

Yeah, I have a soft spot for their relationship.

#29 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@244 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@244 said:

Yeah, I have a soft spot for their relationship.

Me too!

#30 Posted by allpro (23 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so DOPE with colossus and juggernauts powers, the character always had great potential.   But Marvel from time to time has the potential to F-things up. We'll see!

#31 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't like seeing him in that helmet...

#32 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@allpro: Yeah! I hope Marvel doesn't mess this up!

@victoriancuckoo: I don't like see Colossus in that helmet either. I was hoping that he will have white lightning swirling around him.

#33 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Like anything, it won't last forever. I'm a fan of the concept of combining the two... I'm not in the boat of those affectionate towards the appearance... nor am I a fan of the depowerment of Cain Marko... that said, I'm good with it as the temporary condition it is.

I see decent opportunity for an eventual 'mini-event' of those vying to become the heir to the gem of Cyttorak... ultimately back in the hands of Cain.

#34 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist said:

Like anything, it won't last forever. I'm a fan of the concept of combining the two... I'm not in the boat of those affectionate towards the appearance... nor am I a fan of the depowerment of Cain Marko... that said, I'm good with it as the temporary condition it is.

I see decent opportunity for an eventual 'mini-event' of those vying to become the heir to the gem of Cyttorak... ultimately back in the hands of Cain.

I agree that this might not last long, but I would definitely like to see more development on the Cyttorak and how it became such a powerful being.

#35 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

no he is a jerk when he uses the juggernaut powers

#36 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

The Juggernaut helm and powers have added a lot of depth to the some-what dry character that is Colossus. Let it ride for now and see where it takes us all.

#37 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@218Comics said:

The Juggernaut helm and powers have added a lot of depth to the some-what dry character that is Colossus. Let it ride for now and see where it takes us all.

I agree. We'll have to see what will become of Colossus' character if he keeps his powers.

#38 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is a good idea.

#39 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care about the rest of it, but that head needs to go, it looks retarded. -.-

#40 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mayo88m said:

I don't care about the rest of it, but that head needs to go, it looks retarded. -.-

I agree!

#41 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

bump.

#42 Posted by Dernman (15105 posts) - - Show Bio

No it's good for now but I don't want it to stay that way.

#43 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

Why would is make old Juggs stronger but not Colossus?

#44 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic: I hate that helmet...

#45 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: Yeah, It's apparently functionally worthless too. Did you see where one little optic blast knocked it right off his head when he was using it to protect himself from psychic attack? That's just pointless.

#46 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

@Phaedrusgr: Yeah, It's apparently functionally worthless too. Did you see where one little optic blast knocked it right off his head when he was using it to protect himself from psychic attack? That's just pointless.

Hmmm...I wonder if the Juggernaut thing with Colossus will go in the right direction?

#47 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: I dunno, I'm enjoying the character development. There are just a lot of little things that really irk me. It's surely all temporary, though, so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

#48 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I dunno, I'm enjoying the character development. There are just a lot of little things that really irk me. It's surely all temporary, though, so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Me too. Maybe something huge and exciting will come out of this event.

#49 Posted by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

bump.

#50 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that they will allow him to keep these powers for a while. Although Colossus was powerful without the Juggernaut boosting him, he would look rather...small compared to the other members of this current team if he were to lose them. Their whole premise of "this team could look Gods in the eye and make them blink" suggest that the writers are really into building up the power side of this team as a whole. They have been smart though in not making Colossus as powerful as Cain Marko was though as we have seen him get injured. Also the idea of making him have to will himself to access the Juggernauts power was a good addition. Colossus might become a threat later on but I do not seen them resolving the situation by killing off his character. (hopefully). He adds a lot to the book and without him at the moment their own melee fighter would be Namor o.O.

As long as the writing is good, I'm good. Although I am waiting till issue 5 to put this book on my official pull list. I want to ensure the consistency of the writing before I commit to a Marvel book these days.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.