Should Colossus get his own miniseries?

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think that Colossus should get his own miniseries, especially since he has taken on the powers of the Cyttorak? I think he should get his own miniseries for awhile because I think there's more potential to his character and it would be even nicer if his sister, Magik, stars with him.

#2 Posted by Inpa (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just about to pitch the idea for Colossus and Nightcrawler, the comic. Then I remembered Kurt's dead.

Oh well, nobody stays dead for long in comics. Except maybe Elektra

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Inpa said:

I was just about to pitch the idea for Colossus and Nightcrawler, the comic. Then I remembered Kurt's dead.

Oh well, nobody stays dead for long in comics. Except maybe Elektra

Oh yeah! Having a miniseries with Nightcrawler and Colossus would be awesome, if they bring Nightcrawler back to life soon.

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#5 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll probably just get some focus in the UXM title. I'm all up for a Colossus mini-series but with all the titles Marvel's cancelling I'm pretty sure they're gonna be playing it safe for a while.

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti said:

He'll probably just get some focus in the UXM title. I'm all up for a Colossus mini-series but with all the titles Marvel's cancelling I'm pretty sure they're gonna be playing it safe for a while.

Oh yeah! I can't believe that Marvel is cancelling so many of their titles. I wonder they're up to...

#7 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Or35ti said:

Oh yeah! I can't believe that Marvel is cancelling so many of their titles. I wonder they're up to...

It is quite disappointing, especially X-23 :/ I don't read much Marvel but I heard that X-23 was one of their best books. Such a shame... But they must have a couple big cards up their sleeves. I just hope it's not something rushed like another event that's totally not compelling

#8 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

How could Marvel split up the fast-ball-special duo...The only reason I think Colossus deserves a miniseries would be to explore the origins of Cytorak

#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti: Yeah, I still don't understand why Marvel canceled their best series, X-23. It was so unexpected.

@yumyumbubblegum: I still can't believe that Marvel split up Colossus from Wolverine! Their fastball special was truly memorable! Yeah, I definitely want Colossus to explore more with the Cyttorak powers, so having a miniseries where he explores his new powers would definitely be great for a miniseries.

#10 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: How about a mini focusing on Colossus and Magik?

#11 Posted by Ouija (362 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if the first story is about getting rid of his Juggernaut powers

#12 Posted by awesomex (95 posts) - - Show Bio

YES Colossus should his own miniseries or better yet make Colossus leader of the X-Men.

#13 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesomex said:

YES Colossus should his own miniseries or better yet make Colossus leader of the X-Men.

eh...I can't see him leading the X-men...

not quite sure I would follow a Colossus miniseries even though he is one of my favorite characters. Bloodline was just horrible.

#14 Edited by awesomex (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I sure Colossus can make a better leader then Wolverine. yes I agree Bloodline was very HORRIBLE.

#15 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye: That would definitely be more interesting since I haven't seen Colossus with his sister for a long time.

@awesomex: It would be interesting to see how Colossus leads the X-Men. A good miniseries would show this greatly if written correctly.

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

With Colossus's current situation (as well as many other X-Men), I think it'd be appropriate to give him a mini-series, or even a one-shot.

Other characters who should get this treatment are Iceman, Gambit, Kitty, Storm, and Rogue. Magneto kind of got something like this, but I didn't read it because I can't find it 0_o

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

With Colossus's current situation (as well as many other X-Men), I think it'd be appropriate to give him a mini-series, or even a one-shot.

Other characters who should get this treatment are Iceman, Gambit, Kitty, Storm, and Rogue. Magneto kind of got something like this, but I didn't read it because I can't find it 0_o

I definitely think that Colossus needs a miniseries right now, especially now that he's the new Juggernaut, if not temporarily. It would allow more time to expand on his character and how he feels about the situations around him. I agree that Iceman, Kitty, Gambit, Storm and Rogue need their own miniseries also, although X-Men Legacy would be Rogue's story, but all of these characters need more focus on their characters.

#19 Posted by chiq (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes i would like that. Especially given his current state....imho he has never been as interesting as he is now.

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

Yes i would like that. Especially given his current state....imho he has never been as interesting as he is now.

Also, we never really got a clear insight about how Colossus felt during these situations. I like how Joss Whedon made Kitty sort of narrate the story in the events of Astonishing X-Men, so we were able to grasp the situations in Astonishing X-Men from her viewpoint. Hopefully, the Colossus miniseries would do the exact same thing so we would know how he feels about the situations.

#21 Posted by nightshroud1 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

has anyone noticed that since becoming the new juggernaut he has'nt been seen in his human form?

#22 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightshroud1 said:

has anyone noticed that since becoming the new juggernaut he has'nt been seen in his human form?

I've wondered about that too. I wonder if he will ever change back into his human form?

#23 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess so it should be about him overcoming the juggernaut abilities

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1 said:

i guess so it should be about him overcoming the juggernaut abilities

I agree! I hope he does keep his powers so that way they can explore how he's dealing with his powers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.