Question about collosus...

#1 Posted by KingNomolos (119 posts) - - Show Bio

In regular continuity, is he all metal or is only his skin metal? Cause I always thought that he was impervious to pain and what not and could not blead. I believe i saw a scan of Omega rid making him blead... which to be honest deeply confused me. So if anyone can clear this up for me...

#2 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

He is essentially made of metal, with energy replacing his blood. You can see this when Magneto has to repair him during the Mutant Massacre. He is not impervious to pain, as we have seen recently in Second Coming.

#3 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio
@KingNomolos: Osmium metal to be specific.
#4 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @KingNomolos: Osmium metal to be specific. "
No, he transforms into organic steel.
#5 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Edamame said:
" @KingNomolos: Osmium metal to be specific. "
No, he transforms into organic steel. "
Organic, I know of, but I remember reading that it is organic Osmium steel.  shrugs.
#6 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: That's strange considering osmium is the densest element. Colossus is very light in his armored form, despite his size.
#7 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Edamame: That's strange considering osmium is the densest element. Colossus is very light in his armored form, despite his size. "
I sit corrected then.
#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" I sit corrected then. "
Not really. Google tells me that Colossus exchanges his carbon atoms for osmium ones when he transforms. I don't think that has ever been mentioned in a comic that I've read though. Doesn't mean it's not true. Although as I said, this should make him much heavier than he is.
#9 Posted by nicknicholby (523 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw no blood in the second coming comic where he is injured.  I have never seen him injured that badly since Deathbird injured him with acids.

#10 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

I always though Colossus was Osmium too.

#11 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@nicknicholby said:
" I saw no blood in the second coming comic where he is injured."
I think the Mutant Massacre may be the only time we've seen him bleed, and that was only because Magneto could see the energy escaping. 
 
@Green Skin said:
" I always though Colossus was Osmium too. "
Any idea where you first read about this?
#12 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  I think in Uncanny X-Men, back in the days when Storm had a mohawk.
#13 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Edamame said:
" I sit corrected then. "
Not really. Google tells me that Colossus exchanges his carbon atoms for osmium ones when he transforms. I don't think that has ever been mentioned in a comic that I've read though. Doesn't mean it's not true. Although as I said, this should make him much heavier than he is. "
Writers don't follow through with science. LOL
#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Edamame said:
" I sit corrected then. "
Not really. Google tells me that Colossus exchanges his carbon atoms for osmium ones when he transforms. I don't think that has ever been mentioned in a comic that I've read though. Doesn't mean it's not true. Although as I said, this should make him much heavier than he is. "
On the other hand, wikipedia says he trransforms into metal with properties analogous to osmium, but still different.
#15 Posted by fedykin87 (101 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah I don't think it was actually stated in comic that he was made out of  Osmium just that it resembled it greatly but they do beat it in that its 'Organic Steel' as if its a metal in and of itself.
 
Also, it seems he doesn't have any 'blood' or 'energy' inside of him any more. I remember way back he bleed some kind of energy but they haven't shown this since and most other universes show him as not even having anything inside of him like organs and what not with only Ultimate being the exception.

#16 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@fedykin87 said:
" Also, it seems he doesn't have any 'blood' or 'energy' inside of him any more. "
@Korg said:
" I think the Mutant Massacre may be the only time we've seen him bleed, and that was only because Magneto could see the energy escaping."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.