Ok this is getting weird.

#1 Edited by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked up the newest issues of Uncanny X-men and it seems Colossus is...well he's changing whenever he uses the power of Cyttorak. I'm not sure what to make of it, but he was more monster than anything else. Anyone care to give their thoughts? Seems Magik is aiming to keep it underwraps as well. Uh oh!

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

Well considering Juggernaut's powers are said to be fueled by rage and hate, Colossus delved deeper into his Juggernaut powers after seeing Magik unconscious he just snapped and lost control.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: I think Magik seems a little to nonchalant about him growing horns out of his back. Maybe a Magik betrayal arc is in the making with Pete goin all crazy.

#4 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I thought that as well, but it's weird he morphed into what looked like a zerg of some kind. Has Cain ever changed his physical appearance as a result of Cyttorak's influence? The more I think about it the more I like the different take on how being 'The Juggernaut' influences each avatar. I'm not a fan of the whole Queen of Blades thing going on with his shoulders. Blame Land. Keep the spikes and claws.

@Blood1991: The more I think about it, I realize it might not be all that big of a deal. A quick jump in another dimension and she has horns and hooves. It just might not be that big of a deal to her.

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Not the way Colossus did to my knowledge. Cain gained power and had different forms like 8th Day or Trion where he pretty much just looked like himself but much, much bigger.

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Cytorak might have boosted up the Gem a bit. Feeling a bit butthurt that Cain got jacked by the Serpent.

It will be interesting to see how the "queen of blades" lmao develops..... I hope this monster version goes berserk and unleashes Peters inner rage. And i hope all the most powerful Heroes and Villains are standing next to him.

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: The more I think about it, I realize it might not be all that big of a deal. A quick jump in another dimension and she has horns and hooves. It just might not be that big of a deal to her.

Agreed!

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: That is a valid point, and I wanna see the extent of this power. Still he relies on a girl who is pretty much demonic for control, seems like a mess sooner or later XD

#8 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil: The extinction squad vs queen of blades Colossonauht! Sounds epic to me

#9 Edited by 244 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry: I think Magik seems a little to nonchalant about him growing horns out of his back. Maybe a Magik betrayal arc is in the making with Pete goin all crazy.

I wouldn't count too much on Greg Land's art. One of the criticisms I heard about him is his art doesn't match up with the dialogue at times

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: The more I think about it, I realize it might not be all that big of a deal. A quick jump in another dimension and she has horns and hooves. It just might not be that big of a deal to her.@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry: That is a valid point, and I wanna see the extent of this power. Still he relies on a girl who is pretty much demonic for control, seems like a mess sooner or later XD

Kieron Gillen went on record stating that Illyana has changed dramatically now that she got back a chunk of her soul, and it's worth noting that she renounced her throne of Limbo. Here are two quotes about her from Gillen:

"Thirdly, I was just really interested in her current status quo. She was a reconstruct of someone. She did something that was incredibly, incredibly dangerous for purely selfish reasons. She got most of her soul back. So... who is she now? By definition, she isn't the same person who did that thing. Who is she now *really*? How can we be sure? That's all kinds of dramatically interesting."

"He's (Colossus) going through something similar to what his sister went through, and she's come out the other side."

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@244 said:

@Blood1991 said:

I wouldn't count too much on Greg Land's art. One of the criticisms I heard about him is his art doesn't match up with the dialogue at times

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: The more I think about it, I realize it might not be all that big of a deal. A quick jump in another dimension and she has horns and hooves. It just might not be that big of a deal to her.@Blood1991 said:

Kieron Gillen went on record stating that Illyana has changed dramatically now that she got back a chunk of her soul, and it's worth noting that she renounced her throne of Limbo. Here are two quotes about her from Gillen:

"Thirdly, I was just really interested in her current status quo. She was a reconstruct of someone. She did something that was incredibly, incredibly dangerous for purely selfish reasons. She got most of her soul back. So... who is she now? By definition, she isn't the same person who did that thing. Who is she now *really*? How can we be sure? That's all kinds of dramatically interesting."

"He's (Colossus) going through something similar to what his sister went through, and she's come out the other side."

So, does this mean that Illyana is going back to her nicer self or does she still have a mean streak in her, but is more willing to help people out?
#11 Posted by 244 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@244 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

So, does this mean that Illyana is going back to her nicer self or does she still have a mean streak in her, but is more willing to help people out?

So far, Magik hasn't been an anti-hero in any way since the start of UXN #1 and she seems more human. Instead of the usual scowl on her face, it has soften dramatically

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@244 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@244 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

So far, Magik hasn't been an anti-hero in any way since the start of UXN #1 and she seems more human. Instead of the usual scowl on her face, it has soften dramatically

That's great to hear! It would definitely put a change in her character in the long run!
#13 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Heeees baaaaack

Aaaand he gets KTFO!

#14 Edited by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil: It's certainly an interesting new form and he rocked Rulk from the moment he transformed, but I wish they wouldn't give him these moral issues that force him to surrender. "Oh no...the pillar. Please pummel me. I don't deserve to be conscious." He's supposed to rumble with Banner in a few issues and if he's totally consumed by guilt after he steps on a rabbit...I'm gonna freak!

I give the new Juggy form a 9-10 though.

No one really knows about this crazy new form, right? I know Magik witnessed it, but the rest of the team are in the dark if I'm not mistaken.

#15 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@Greendevil: It's certainly an interesting new form and he rocked Rulk from the moment he transformed, but I wish they wouldn't give him these moral issues that force him to surrender. "Oh no...the pillar. Please pummel me. I don't deserve to be conscious." He's supposed to rumble with Banner in a few issues and if he's totally consumed by guilt after he steps on a rabbit...I'm gonna freak!

I give the new Juggy form a 9-10 though.

No one really knows about this crazy new form, right? I know Magik witnessed it, but the rest of the team are in the dark if I'm not mistaken.

None but Magic and Rulk have seen the Queen of blades se yes, they are in the dark.

This new Juggy ha potential. I hope peter lets go soon lol

#16 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil: Indeed. There's talk about him being seen as he never has been before during the mid point of AvX and his whole Juggs thing gets worse around Uncanny 15. So I imagine they're tied together.

It's almost funny that he crushes Rulk so completely, but yet he still finds a way to job the fight. 'Course I guess Utopia sinking would have been bad for everyone.

#17 Posted by chiq (2022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@Greendevil: Indeed. There's talk about him being seen as he never has been before during the mid point of AvX and his whole Juggs thing gets worse around Uncanny 15. So I imagine they're tied together.

It's almost funny that he crushes Rulk so completely, but yet he still finds a way to job the fight. 'Course I guess Utopia sinking would have been bad for everyone.

Probably would have been bad news for everybody if he got consumed by his bloodlust. Looks like he wanted to break that pillar as much as he wanted to break Rulk in half. Imagine all the pretty watercolor paintings he could make with that bloodbath...

#18 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

Holy shit i had no idea, i cant wait to see Peter let go. This is great news. This new darker version has great potential. I hope Marvel delivers on this.

Yeah beating Rulk so easily, he could have helped Namor by one shotting Thing, Iron man and most of the Avengers as Thor, Ms Marvel, Cap Britain are out in space fighting the Phoenix force. they had to make this sorry excuse, or he would have ended Avengers right there and then.

#19 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: @Greendevil: @god_spawn: I had a thought as to why Colossus is changing further. Cain was a normal man, but Colossus is a mutant. No one really understands how his mutant transformation really works, but a lot of descriptions tend to describe it as extra-dimensional process. So, while Cain gained a huge amount of mass and tissue density, the influence could simply be warping how his mutant ability works.

-Shrugs- I guess that sounds overly complicated. It's more likely artistic license, but it doesn't stop me from thinking. Buahaha.

#20 Edited by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Possible considering how he has bled twice now, but I still want to call that an artists error on Land's part since he was bleeding energy in issue 1.

Moderator Online
#21 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Yeah. I've noticed that as well, but it's come up in the other ongoing X-men series as well. I want to say Molina have been showing Colossus having normal teeth/pink tongue and whatnot. Seems lazy. It's like drawing Logan without his stubbly beard.

#22 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Cyttorak is probably going to pull a Dormammu on the X-men and try to conquer the earth by completely possessing Colossus' body (hence the reason he's looking more and more like Land's interpretation of Cytorrak).

#23 Posted by 244 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese: I don't think Cyttorak would care about rule domination. He cares about his avatar wreaking destruction under his name.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.