Marvel Select Celebrates Ten Years With New Colossus Figure

Posted by G-Man (30219 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to believe that Diamond Select Toys has released over 60 figures in their 7-inch Marvel Select line. To celebrate the ten years, they have already announced several upcoming figures including ones based on The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man movies.

Before you see those in comic and specialty shops, Colossus will be making his appearance.

In order to remain consistent with the other 7-inch figures, Colossus will actually stand at 8.25 inches and will have 16 points of articulation. To show the size comparison, Diamond Select Toys has released a Danger Room session with Colossus and Gambit (who is available now).

More images are available here.

Colossus is due in mid-February and will be followed by the Green Goblin. I think we'll need to take a closer look at these in our Awesome Toy Picks feature when they're released. What do you think?

Staff
#1 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#2 Posted by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

That's one of the better Colossus figures ever made!

#3 Posted by HellionVulcan (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

No colossusnaut figure ? thats what i want .

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty slick.

#5 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

So cool.

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#7 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome Figure!!

#8 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

@HellionVulcan: That would be cool to see

#9 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff :)

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome!!

#11 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

me want!

#12 Posted by The Impersonator (4903 posts) - - Show Bio

@davelecave said:

Awesome.

#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't usually care for action figures, but that is a really great little sculpt! It also makes me sad that they release this while the Colossus in the comics isn't like this any more.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox_kitty said:

I don't usually care for action figures, but that is a really great little sculpt! It also makes me sad that they release this while the Colossus in the comics isn't like this any more.

I agree. I wonder exactly how long they plan on letting Colossus keep the Juggernaut powers?
#15 Posted by Vendel (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect timing for this figure.

#16 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!!!

#17 Posted by JonesDeini (3619 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice

#18 Posted by PowerHerc (80692 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. Almost as good as the Marvel Legends one from nearly 9 years ago.

#19 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Unhand me you damn dirty Cajun!!!

Hehe these look great though!

#20 Posted by notoriousmistersims (91 posts) - - Show Bio

not too sure i dont like the head sculpt or chest could be alot better seeing dat it's marvel select

#21 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW!! amazing work :)

#22 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

Who says that the current Colossus would be permanent? : ]

#23 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@244 said:

@xerox_kitty said:

Who says that the current Colossus would be permanent? : ]

Yeah, I don't think that the Cyttorak thing is going to last forever, although it would make things more interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.